Triplicity

Blandy

Hi Everyone,
I'm a little confused about something, the participating triplicity rulers are not discussed in depth in Horary most of the time, I was just wondering. Are they of any use, do we use them or not?
Thanks
Blandy

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Personally, I've only ever used Triplicity when describing the strength of a body. Like: "Jupiter is in Sagittarius, and since it's a nocturnal chart he's also in his own triplicity which makes super Jupiter".

Though, I've never seen any kind of interpretation based on it. Like: "Jupiter (as lord of the first) is in his own triplicity, which means you are..." I've never seen anything like that. I suppose I could have missed it. You know what happens when you read things too fast.

tikana

Blandy said:
Hi Everyone,
I'm a little confused about something, the participating triplicity rulers are not discussed in depth in Horary most of the time, I was just wondering. Are they of any use, do we use them or not?
Thanks
Blandy

Blandy
Yes .. triplicity is a major dignity.
if you are ruled by Jupiter .. the chart says that you are your own priority sort of. You dont see anything outside of you.
if you are in MR with smeone by triplicity, then it means Good friends but nothing more unless there is an aspect between them.

I did ask Radu to write up a short description of using dignities but i guess he is busy

shrug
Tik

Blandy

Hi,
Yes, I know triplicity is a major dignity, but I was just wondering about the participating triplicity rulers, not the in sect rulers, such as Fire:Sun/Jupiter(Saturn as partipating ruler both day and night)

tikana

ohh that .. hmmm Lilly and Leo descirbes dignities pretty welll .. i believe christian astrology book is on line for free .. check out google books ..

Tik

Culpeper

Premium Member
I think you are asking about the triplicity rulers of the Dorothean system in ancient astrology.

________Day_____Night______Participating
Fire_____Sun_____Jupiter_____Saturn
Earth____Venus___Moon______Mars
Air______Saturn___Mercury___Jupiter
Water___Venus____Mars______Moon

These rulers are used to time circumstances in the querent's or native's life which is divided into thirds. In a day chart the first column is the first third of life, the second column is the second third. They are reversed in a night chart. The last column is the last third of life by day or night.

Here is an example. If the question is "Will I find love?", look in your chart for Venus the natural ruler of love. Let us say that Venus is found in Leo a fire sign and it is a day chart. Use the Sun and its position and condition to answer this question for the first third of life, Jupiter for the second third, and Saturn for the last third.