Mars in Aquarius

Sagcap88

Does anyone on here have Mars in Aquarius? Or have you dated or been close to someone with this placement?

How would you describe it?

I only have one situation where a former friend had it. She was pretty scattered and...one weird chick in many ways. She wasn’t reliable and sort of reminded me of Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany’s. I’m not totally sure her Mars in Aquarius was to blame but she wasn’t what you’d call stable.

AppLeo

I only know a couple people with Mars in Aquarius...

I see this placement as being "above it all" to get mad or go crazy... They think they are too smart to sink down to your level. Unlike a Mars in Leo who sees the tiniest of things as an attack on their ego, Mars in Aquarius doesn't even bother to defend their ego cuz they just don't care. Because Aquarius is cool and detached and cares about the world at large, so they find bigger things outside of themselves to get upset about.

And since it's an air sign... Air signs tend to intellectualize or make compromise with the people around them instead of confronting or dominating like a fire sign. However, because Aquarius is fixed, it technically isn't willing to compromise, so they are quite crafty at getting what they want without their opponents even realizing.

These people value their independence and can't handle being boxed in. They are passionate about the world at large and are driven to make the world a better place, so any kind of injustice that denies the freedom of them or others is a sure way to make them angry.

So if anything, Mars in Aquarius is the opposite of being unstable. It must be something else in the person's chart...

Last edited:

Sagcap88

I only know a couple people with Mars in Aquarius...

I see this placement as being "above it all" to get mad or go crazy... They think they are too smart to sink down to your level. Unlike a Mars in Leo who sees the tiniest of things as an attack on their ego, Mars in Aquarius doesn't even bother to defend their ego cuz they just don't care. Because Aquarius is cool and detached and cares about the world at large, so they find bigger things outside of themselves to get upset about.

And since it's an air sign... Air signs tend to intellectualize or make compromise with the people around them instead of confronting or dominating like a fire sign. However, because Aquarius is fixed, it technically isn't willing to compromise, so they are quite crafty at getting what they want without their opponents even realizing.

These people value their independence and can't handle being boxed in. They are passionate about the world at large and are driven to make the world a better place, so any kind of injustice that denies the freedom of them or others is a sure way to make them angry.

So if anything, Mars in Aquarius is the opposite of being unstable. It must be something else in the person's chart...

Thanks! Very helpful answer.

SuiGeneres

Hello! :D

I'm a girl with my Mars in Aquarius.

I don't have much fire in my natal chart so this is as active and fire-y as it gets.

I'm an Aquarius rising so I even have Aquarius and Mars in my first house.

I guess it makes that I seem more straightforward and more "hard" and "dominant" than I actually am.

I often describe this part as my "strong untouchable shell".

But hey, there's a Moon in Pisces underneath (also in the first house).

I will often say things that I regret later.

I don't shy away from confrontation and discussions. I quite enjoy discussions and having a different opinion than someone.
I just like to deate.

I enjoy being rebellious and different from the rest.

I can also be quite dogmatic and persistent (not to say stubborn and petty) concerning a few topics.

Let's say I have certain points of view, certain ideologies...let it be ethical or political.

Let it be the fact that I'm a feminist or that I'm vegan or other aspects.

What some people like to call "SJW"...to me that is quite Mars in Aquarius.

Fighting for the fact that there are different genders and genderfluid people and fighting for the rights of certain people and defending the fact
that you shouldn't think or talk about certain topics how it "used to be" because there are different, new times and times to celebrate being unique.
And defending this with activism and discussions.

That is totally Mars in Aquarius to me.

I can come off as "trying too hard" and "discussing too much".

There are people who don't like confrontation or confuse it with arguments or "trouble".

To me it's fun and tempting.

I enjoy activism and I like that certain rebellion concerning things (I am also stubborn and having my sun in Taurus doesn't help there).

Note that I am usually a quiet and nice/friendly girl but sometimes there are topics where I might start a heated argument (albeit always a more or less mature discussion. Mercury in Gemini and all).

braxtonn

I have an Aquarius moon, rising, mars, and Uranus in the 1st house along with an Aquarius Neptune in the 12th.

Overall, I have always thought that I think differently than other people, and it really emphasizes my need for freedom from some of my other placements.
I've always been told I have a unique way of thinking, especially from teachers when I was younger. I hold very strong beliefs that everyone deserves equal treatment, and I would often get into arguments in high school over people being treated poorly and debating politics as I was more progressive (I grew up in a small republican town.) I also have a problem with authority, if someone tells me not to do something I want to do it twice and take pictures just to say I could, and on the other side of that if someone tells me to do something I already planned on doing, I won't do it. I also wouldn't let people have high expectations of me so I could surprise them when I did better than they though.

My mars is square my Saturn, though, which really has me bottling things up until I explode. I don't get angry often, but when I do it's usually the straw that broke the camels back and I'll let everything out. I also tend to let people abuse me for a long time before asserting myself. Saturn really suppresses my sex drive here, also.

Mars conjunct Uranus, I really love the attention I get from looking/being different once I accepted it, also I feel like this placement (along with my Aquarius and Uranus dominance) pushed me towards astrology and my other interests.

Whoam1

Depends where it is. After about 22-24 degrees Aquarius it's firmly planted in the energy. [So before it has traits of the Capricorn CONSTELLATION] i use both tropical and Sidreal and found my sidereal Mars sign definition more fitting.

Courage
[Not the kind of confrontational, balsy stuff done by my angular Scorpio/Mars Mercury rising, but more seen in sacrifice (literal, blood sacrifice if I had to) for loved ones.

Stands own ground (prefers action to complaining).
[My stubborn Sun if you may, does not match my Mars standing it's ground. I'm a lot more tactful when I'm standing my ground/being stubborn with my Sun.]

Confrontational
[verbally due to my Mars Mercury aspects and placements to being with. I don't often fight or hit but I would say this is when I do get physical. Normally it's a one and done kind if deal. I will get in people's faces]

Discontent: creates unnecessary struggle & conflict (over authority, control, father issues).
[I can't speak for the father issues. I do thrive in chaos, but not toxic chaos. I think us Mars in Capricorn types have a different view on necessities than others in General].

Private, secretive, self-veiling. (Mysterious façade, or deceptive; to avoid control, look good, or not be found out).
[As seen in my user title, as seen in my original birth chart posted on this site. I dont care as much about looking bad, I'm fine with being the monster. It's more about not getting hurt/surival <that took a lot to say>]

Much unresolved shadow
[Not always wanting to resolve it either. I think it's important to keep your demons hungry and on a leash, but not to pacify them]

Vulnerable to dark moods
[Isn't everyone lol. I think we are just some of the first to admit/show it. In pertaining to the above unresolved shadow, yes sometimes we loosesn up the leash on our dogs too much and get bit. I like my dark moods personally (part of thriving in a mess I think)]

Carries past darkness around.
[Forgive, but don't forget. Few are aware of the dark pasts, I give mine in parts to people I trust, who are few and far between. Just in case my demons take over they can put the pecies together and cut me down]

Sexually forthright (strong needs + practicality).
[May be related in the dark pasts. Weither the abuser or the abused/misused. Others may use sex as a practicality to "escape" or realise tension from said shadows/skeletons/dark pasts.]

The words in [xxx] are mine the words outside are list of traits that should apply to everyone from 22-24 degrees Capricorn up until 22-24 degrees Aquarius. [Speaking of Mars sign of course].

Hopefully this will be taken in account by those of you who have Mars in Aquarius (tell me if you agree why or why not). I can say too even if sidereal is a total farce that my Mars is partile with Deneb Algedi which is calculated to be the exact most exalted degree of Mars [explaining the moods dark energy and trauma as the star is said to effect Mars in this way].