Need Help Reading Chart of Young Child with Mystery Illness

Joz

Hi all,

Please take a look at this child's chart who is very ill, with an undiagnosed illness.

I've attached her chart with transits for the day she was hospitalized, on 1/7/2013. Her illness started several days earlier, when she abruptly stopped eating or drinking. She was treated for rehydration, but then eventually had to be hospitalized on 1/7, and now has a feeding tube. She is conscious and communicating, but refusing food or drink. Her family is known to be especially caring, however everyone is looking for psychological as well as physical causes, but doctors have not found anything yet.

I see a lot going on in the chart, and could certainly see how she may be overwhelmed with all of this activity. And then she has such an active Neptune/Pisces signature, that the 'mystery' part is also fitting. But what am I missing here?

Transiting Neptune at 1 Pisces is moving over 12 th house cusp (hospitals) and exactly conjuncts her Uranus in the 12th, which rules her Sun in the 11th. Leo has rulership over her 6th house cusp (health).

Transiting Pluto in 9 Cap is exactly squaring her 9 Aries ascendant.

Transiting Mars in 10 Aquarius is moving up to conjunct her natal Neptune 13 and Sun 17 in Aquarius, in the 11th. I wonder if this Mars indicates surgery?
Transiting Saturn in Scorpio at 10 squares these placements.

(Ruler of her Sun) Uranus is now transiting in Aries at 5 over her ascendant at 9.

Understandably, parents, family and friends are desperate for answers. We are all praying for healing!

Any insights are appreciated.

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Hi,
The little one's chart shows Aries and Virgo on the cusps pertaining to physical disorders with their rulers, albeit out of sign, square in Earth. Mars also makes a sesquiquadrate (predisposition towards, yet not necessarily a physical complaint) to natal Jupiter. Could be that she has picked up a bacterial infection/inflammation(Mars) that has badly upset her stomach/intestines(Virgo) area. The Norovirus is causing havoc in Europe, although one would think that the dr.'s would have recognised any symptoms of such.
With the Earth involvement, there could be a 'blockage' affecting the normal passage of food and, especially, its excretion, which makes eating 'scary' because of the eventual tummy aches. My own granddaughters suffer badly with this and are on medication that helps clear the system of any retained and hardened substances. Apparently it's a common disorder in youngsters.
Although natal Saturn itself is well aspected, it would have opened the Mercury-Mars square end September, so any symptoms could have built up since then. At that time,transit Jupiter stationed and turned retrograde within square orb of 6th house natal Jupiter in Virgo. As natal Jupiter is retrograde, does she have a generally weak disposition, also growth problems (which can be so painful for a child)? There could be a problem arising from there.

You might care to have a look at the current secondary progressions in her chart and their ruling houses,
Sec. progr. Moon conjunct natal Pluto, also influencing natal Jupiter last year,
s.p Mercury EXACT conjunct (s.p)Neptune,
s.p. Venus square Saturn,
s,p Asc.square Chiron,
which might produce more information to go on.

Moon to Pluto is very traumatic and doesn't refer to the pain from a scape on the knee. Could she be worrying about something within the family, have seen something, or undergone any experiences, e.g. bullying or victimised abuse, which she fears to talk about and is coming out
through the mystery illness?
Her progressed Sun does not make any aspects during this time of her life, so any illness does not appear to be life threatening.

Do hope she is soon on the mend.

Joz

Thanks for your reply and analysis.

I received an update today that the doctors have ruled out any physical cause as a main cause, and so are moving their focus to find a psychological cause, as well as the possibility that it may be anorexia.

You pointed out the secondary progressions, especially Moon/Pluto, and taking a look at it, you're so right! It's sitting as an exact conjunction on her natal Pluto in the 9th house of travel. This fits with new information I also received today that her condition started as she was boarding a plane with her parents to visit relatives. Apparently they've visited these relatives in the past. While everyone hopes that there's no connection to abuse or something she's witnessed that led to trauma, it's certainly being explored.

I'll post an update as more information becomes available; thanks again. And I've learned the importance of checking in with the progressed charts from now on!

Last edited:

Joz

Does anyone know if there's a general signature for anorexia in a chart? Since it's related to need for control- are we back to Pluto at the center of it?

Vista

Does anyone know if there's a general signature for anorexia in a chart? Since it's related to need for control- are we back to Pluto at the center of it?

Is there any possibility of a one of the relatives sexually abusing her? Not trying to be an alarmist, but Pluto certainly points to abuse. I know it's taboo subject and unthinkable a close family member could harm a child, but I think we all know it happens all the time. Just a thought....Venus in the 12th house of hidden matters squaring Pluto in the 9th with Pr Moon setting this square off!

Last edited:

Joz

Yes, her parents want answers, but she hasn't been forthcoming. So hopefully she can open up about what may be bothering her. She is remaining hospitalized at this point.

Vista

Yes, her parents want answers, but she hasn't been forthcoming. So hopefully she can open up about what may be bothering her. She is remaining hospitalized at this point.

With Saturn in the 4th, one of her parents is very stern/cold with her or perhaps she feels unloved(regardless of the truth). I would imagine opening up to her parents won't be easy if she can do it at all. Could they get someone in that handles children who are abused? I think that's what is happening with her, whoever is doing it.

Joz

Sorry that I wasn't clear. She is meeting with counselors and psychologists at the hospital, and will be going to group counseling sessions as well, which will be the focus of her healing now. I'm getting updates from afar since I don't live near them, but parents have asked for friends and family to rally around even with prayer for healing. Thank you for your concern!

Last edited:

Vista

Sorry that I wasn't clear. She is meeting with counselors and psychologists at the hospital, and that will be the focus of her healing now. I'm getting updates from afar since I don't live near them, but parents have asked for friends and family to rally around even with prayer for healing. Thank you for your concern!

You are very welcome! Sun opposite Moon usually points to divorced parents or parents who are not connected as in "staying together for the children." Perhaps problems with her parents marriage could be another issue she is dealing with and causing her physical problems. Just another thought....
Edit: Transiting Pluto moving over her MC, definitely problems in the home.

Frisiangal

Thank you for the feedback, Joz. At least it is a mixed blessing that there is nothing physically wrong with her.

Anorexia, the 'withhering away' can coincide with a harsh Moon-Neptune aspect. Bulimia involves the compulsions through an eating disorder and can involve Pluto, which Jupiter could amplify. The little girl has harsh aspects to all, so there could be a link. If she has received verbal comments about herself, her natural Sun-Neptune-Moon sensitivity will make her inclined to withdraw into herself. Mercury in Capricorn would tend to keep things to itself. Possibly a reason that the exact s.p. Mercury-Neptune (rulers 3rd and 12th houses in Air), through a kind and sympathetic rather than harsh word, is there at this time to get her to talk about and let go of what she is feeling inside, before it does turn permanently into something of an irrational nature. Is she influenced by religious instruction (3rd and 12th houses)?

Her birth time is so accurate that it might be worth checking back with dates when transit Pluto crossed, as well as stationed, on her M.C.
There's too much Pluto involvement over a longer period, as young as she is, to be treated lightly.

My mind worked parallel to Vista's concerning issues with/between parents, which are obviously going to affect one so young.

Please let us know how she gets on.:smile:

Kofe

Hello to all. I haven't learn medical astrology, so I can't help on this. By looking the chart, I think that the cause of all of this, is only psychological. I think that something happening inside of the family and this is a response of this girl in this situation. She don't want to face the reality of what's going on (Neptune conjunct Uranus). I am not sure that there is sexual abuse here. In this case I suppose (not sure, please correct me) we should have Mars square Pluto. It will be helpful if we had the chart of her father (or other male sibling) to complete the image. Definitely, pMoon upon Pluto has strong impact in her psychological. By secondary directions, Jupiter oppose nVenus, Moon inconjunct Mercury (her health) in critical degree and need adjustments to be made, Venus square nSaturn!!!!!. Is something happening with the father (Saturn) or the family (Saturn in the 4th). Saturn in cancer rules nutrition and now we have a restriction in this. Is she learned something and can't face it? The opposition nataly of the Sun and Moon, doesn't help her to express this (Moon in Leo) in a healthy way. Neptune conjunct Sun nataly shows to us confusion in personality and psychosomatic illnesses. The connection of Neptune and Mercury usually indicates problems with the nerves. Nerves anorexia? Could be! I will agree that Mars conjunct Neptune can indicate an infection but I think in this case the infection comes from higher levels. Psychological levels. I hope the girl be healthy as soon as possible.

Joz

You all are bringing up good points about the family dynamic. I'm not around the parents enough to see what the family dynamic is truly like, since we don't live near each other, so it's something that I can't confirm at this point.

The latest update is that the parents are fighting with the hospital to keep the child from being discharged, and are working to make whatever connections they can to bring in professional help and keep her at the hospital. (It seems the hospital is saying that because of her age, what the hospital can provide is limited!?) So at least they are making this effort!

The mother is also facing the possibility of losing her job because of all the time she's had to take off to care for her daughter, so that may also be what the 4th and 10th house activity indicates, and transiting Pluto over the 10th.

Last edited:

Joz

Thank you for the feedback, Joz. At least it is a mixed blessing that there is nothing physically wrong with her.

Anorexia, the 'withhering away' can coincide with a harsh Moon-Neptune aspect. Bulimia involves the compulsions through an eating disorder and can involve Pluto, which Jupiter could amplify. The little girl has harsh aspects to all, so there could be a link. If she has received verbal comments about herself, her natural Sun-Neptune-Moon sensitivity will make her inclined to withdraw into herself. Mercury in Capricorn would tend to keep things to itself. Possibly a reason that the exact s.p. Mercury-Neptune (rulers 3rd and 12th houses in Air), through a kind and sympathetic rather than harsh word, is there at this time to get her to talk about and let go of what she is feeling inside, before it does turn permanently into something of an irrational nature. Is she influenced by religious instruction (3rd and 12th houses)?

Her birth time is so accurate that it might be worth checking back with dates when transit Pluto crossed, as well as stationed, on her M.C.
There's too much Pluto involvement over a longer period, as young as she is, to be treated lightly.

My mind worked parallel to Vista's concerning issues with/between parents, which are obviously going to affect one so young.

Please let us know how she gets on.:smile:

Hmm, not sure about the religious instruction. Something I'll try to find out more about. She is a gentle, whimsical child, so you're right about her sensitivity, and the importance of being especially kind with this energy.

Joz

Update: she was able to return home Jan. 28! And is eating and drinking again, and doing much better. She also has connected with a highly regarded psychologist, and is going to continue to receive counseling. Everyone is very relieved, and thankful.

She started doing better the day Pluto moved to 10 Capricorn. Mars had also moved past her Aquarian placements.

Anorexia was ruled out as a possible condition.

Last edited: