Pet Astrology: Does it mean the same thing as human astrology?

Love2Know

I am interested in pet astrology, I would like to know if anyone knows anything about it? Also my dog has a Taurus moon, I believe and does that symbolize his relationship with myself and my style as a pet parent?

"Mother for the Moon in Taurus comes across as a real earth goddess, a sensible, practical, solid down-to-earth dependable force in the child's life. There is always a flip side, for Moon in Taurus, mother can also feel extremely rigid and not to be crossed for her fierce temper when aroused." (http://www.gretchenlawlor.com/Your_Child_and_the_Moon.html)
This is true, I am all about teaching him rules but also a lot of affection and am very protective of him, in the sense that I always keep an eye on him and took time off work to take care of him as a very young puppy. I also never let him hide behind me from strangers I would always place him back in front and make him deal with it...... He is now the most out going, lovable dog and I never knew a dog who adored everyone so much.He is also very confident and playful. He learns tricks so fast it's insane. I would sit him in front of me for like an hour at a time till he got things though. I also am a bit strict with him but I don't hit, hurt or yell at him. I just don't let him get away with stuff, I am accused of being a bit rigid with him. It is for his own protection so he knows what and what not to do and how to be safe. If I am mad (usually not even at him) he goes and hides under beds or coaches. I don't hurt him though, but he is very perceptive and a Pisces sun. I adore him.

Last edited:

dr. farr

I absolutely accept that astrology applies to animals (this was part and parcel of astrology through the time of the Reformation, called "agricultural astrology" and having to do with breeding and raising of animals, as well as planting and harvesting of food crops) Only thing is that in delineation of pet horoscopes we are faced with a much less complex situation than with humans-usually the broad outlines of a relatively simply delineation will suffice.

sequestra

Yes! I have ascribed to it for years! Good question, I want to see what others have to say. I like Dr Farr's take on it.

Fragoso

Hi :w00t:
Interesting topic...
I have a little cat and her chart seems to fit her personality.

Her mars in cancer square moon in aries (mutual recpetion);
mercury/venus/saturn in virgo opposes uranus in pisces.

She is a bomb of energy, can't stop quiet, very restless and very clever o_O

Frag