A Persuit To Unify Astrology And Science - A New Community On Reddit

Damian

Hello everyone. First of all I would like to tell you a little about myself. As a kid I grew up in a very scientific family, I received a good education however most of the knowledge that I consider significant I have obtained on my own. I would normally dismiss anything occult and related to astrology; however my quest to educate myself in many different spheres led me to read about how the "newspaper astrology" was total nonsense and the truth was much more complex and interesting. As I dove into the proper astrology and learned a lot about my chart I found out that most of it was correct; then I read even more and started obsessing about the idea that there must be a scientific explanation to all of this and this explanation is probably very simple, it's just that we do not have enough knowledge about how our brains operate and how it is connected to the changing radiation spectrum planets and heavenly objects emit over time.

I decided to start the subreddit called "Verum Integram" (The Whole Truth), which would be a place to speculate and discuss various ideas people may have regarding the science behind astrology. Obviously it is too early arrive at a definitive scientific proof since as I stated we are still in the process making discoveries about how the brain works and more we discover less we seem to know. But I feel like this is a proper time to start a debate, this knowledge and conversations will become useful as the time goes by for all of us.

Please join the community at http://www.reddit.com/r/VerumIntegram/ Let's start making use of our knowledge in order to aid others on a much bigger scale.

P.S. I am also looking for people who know how to use CSS on reddit and are willing to become moderators so we can make the page look more attractive.

Sincerely

Last edited:

Flapjacks

I recommend "Cosmic Clocks" by Michel Gauquelin (if you don't know it already). I thought his investigations into a scientific basis for astrology was really intriguing. His inquiry (well, the part I was interested in) revolved around showing the effects of magnetic fields on behavior, patterns coinciding with lunar/solar cycles, and generally a sophisticated approach that demands more attention and followup than it ever got, imo.

For some reason all anyone seemed interested in was the "Mars Effect" which was later discredited because of selection bias.

Investigations that I think would be really worthwhile is looking at circadian rhythms in conjunction with solar/lunar cycles and migration patterns/navigation using magnetic fields (showing biological sensitivity to them).

Zarathu

Account Closed

When will that happen?

When science gives up its reductionist approach and understands that the real world operates in Chaos and complexity theory. However, most of science now is caught up in the religion of scientism. Even grants for pure sceince in the USA are no longer administered by the National Science Foundation, but by the idiot politicos in Congress.

Actually, the darker of the two is the visible one. The Dark energy and Dark matter are all Light---so bright we can't even see them from our dark place.

Last edited:

Damian

When will that happen?
It might seem nonsense to most astrologers and scientists right now but remember even Einstein refused to acknowledge quantum mechanics; and quantum mechanics is the main reason why we have computers and all this technology, if it was not correct it would be impossible to reach the age of information and nanotechnology like we did.
When we cannot explain something we tend to assign words like "spiritual", "godsend", "miraculous" or even "random" however these concepts are just byproducts of our lack of understanding. If someone from 200 years ago took a glimpse at the way we live and the technology we have they would be classifying it as "godlike powers" or "magic" or something similar. There are so many things that we haven't discovered yet, that if the "spiritual plane" is an actually measurable field that will be accessible once we learn more about elementary particles, the higgs field and the dark energy/matter?
Please do not dismiss the possibility that astrology can become a scientific field in the future.

Flapjacks

When science gives up its reductionist approach and understands that the real world operates in Chaos and complexity theory. However, most of science now is caught up in the religion of scientism. Even grants for pure sceince in the USA are no longer administered by the National Science Foundation, but by the idiot politicos in Congress.

Actually, the darker of the two is the visible one. The Dark energy and Dark matter are all Light---so bright we can't even see them from our dark place.

I suspect dark matter/energy is a phantom result of an incomplete model, not a thing that actually exists. DM/DE is a name given to account for calculations that create anomalous gravitational effects, which does not prove it as an actual substance or physical reality. It seems like most of physics now is just making stuff up to make their models work instead of revising their models to fit evidence. The whole field is due for a paradigm shift.

So, in essence, I agree with you. But because current direction of physics is getting further from truth, not because we need to discover with DM/DE is.

Flapjacks

It might seem nonsense to most astrologers and scientists right now but remember even Einstein refused to acknowledge quantum mechanics; and quantum mechanics is the main reason why we have computers and all this technology, if it was not correct it would be impossible to reach the age of information and nanotechnology like we did.
When we cannot explain something we tend to assign words like "spiritual", "godsend", "miraculous" or even "random" however these concepts are just byproducts of our lack of understanding. If someone from 200 years ago took a glimpse at the way we live and the technology we have they would be classifying it as "godlike powers" or "magic" or something similar. There are so many things that we haven't discovered yet, that if the "spiritual plane" is an actually measurable field that will be accessible once we learn more about elementary particles, the higgs field and the dark energy/matter?
Please do not dismiss the possibility that astrology can become a scientific field in the future.

Even Schrodinger said he regretted spawning quantum mechanics. :bandit:

Good read: https://claesjohnsonmathscience.wor...hrodinger-hated-his-equation-yvfu3xg7d7wt-38/

For example if you acknowledge that a “round square” does not exist, then you don´t have to worry about what it would look like if you could fabricate one. But if you believe that a “round square” exists, then you face a severe problem if you seek to understand its physics.

Reminds me of the idea of dark matter, too.

Here are some articles on the biological detection of magnetic fields:

Magnetite in salmon/fish tissue: http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF00618127
Magnetite in humans: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...ionid=806ADE4EE12ABBEA9F24C34099041C99.f01t04
Ferromagnetic crystals in the brain: http://www.pnas.org/content/89/16/7683.short
ELF magnetic field effect on ruminants (deer/cattle): http://www.pnas.org/content/106/14/5708.abstract

Last edited: