Is it a good idea to buy this insurance?

ElenaJ

Having some doubts about this insurance policy, it is quite expense but has extensive coverage.
At first glance, with north node on the cusp of the 8th ruling insurance, it looks positive. But then cancer ruled by moon, is in the 12th house in unfriendly scorpio, just past a conjunction with mars.
Looking at the 2nd house, sun is there approaching a conjunction with me, Jupiter. Again looks positive. But south node is there, and part of fortune is on the south node.
So, is it a good idea or am I just throwing money away?
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 09.14.47.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-12-23 at 09.14.47.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 37

kalinka

most importantly we have to look at L2 and his actions.
Saturn is in conjunction with POF, in his own house, essential and accidental strong=positive.
Saturn is moving away from SN=positive.
L8 Moon is in a fertile sign =positive
Moon is going to enter into your first house in Sagittarius, so your Asc Ruler will be Moon's Dispositor. Yes, you should buy the insurance.

sworm09

I don't think so.

I'm new to horary, so you can feel free to ignore me, but it doesn't look good.

The Ascendant ruler is Jupiter, Jupiter is in the sign of his Fall and in a sign averted from the Ascendant. He is also combust and lingering around the South Node. The Sun is getting even closer to him as well, so going from bad to worse.

The Moon is also in the sign of her Fall. She is also averted from the Ascendant and she is void of course. If we take the 8th to represent the insurance policy, it doesn't look like it's in good condition and it isn't going anywhere.

I don't think it looks good at all.

hottofu

I'd have to agree with sworm09. Jupiter in fall and combust by Sun (which is getting closer and getting worst). Moon in fall and VOC hidden in 12th. Early ascendant also means probably not the right time to ask/do this. Maybe wait till later to let things clear up and see if you still want to do it?

ElenaJ

Thank you all.
At the end, I didn't do it. Something instinctive said it wasn't right.
The Jupiter in my 2nd that jumps right out looked very good, but because Jupiter increases in size, it may have just meant that I would have been paying more and more.

waybread

ElenaJ, I read this chart before reading your decision. For what it's worth, here are my thoughts on your question:

In this chart, the moon is VOC, meaning the current situation is unlikely to change. The ascendant is in an early degree, suggesting it is too soon to tell. (This seems contradictory, but possibly you wouldn't know if an insurance policy was good until something happened and you needed to draw on it.)

Even if we ignore all that, I'd put an insurance policy as a "shared resource" in the 8th house, ruled by the moon. The moon is in the 12th house in the sign of its fall. It's past its last aspect with Jupiter (you) in the sign of its fall. Jupiter is also combust.

This is not my call to make, but I'd suggest finding a different insurance policy.

One thing you might do is find out this or another insurance company's track record of paying (or refusing) customer claims.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Thank you Waybread. I had until the end of this year to make the payment. One thing, they kept changing the info data, so that I wasn't sure what the situation really was.
As for payments, we had policies with the company for years, and twice we needed it and they paid out fully, no questions asked.
I think it was a question of overkill, there were so many little services they gave you, but you would never really need.
In the new year, I'll ask them to recommend a downsized policy.
For the moment, the moon rang true, nothing is happening! VOC!