Planet in a house meaning

a101

I've been trying to find information on this. What does it mean when someones ruling planet is in someones house. Does that mean they are sympathetic to them? I can't find information on this. Any articles or information would be very helpful.

The seventh house ruler (jupiter) represented by a person is in the third house.
Does the third house person have control? Does Jupiter sympathize with the third house person?

What does it mean when your ruler is in someones house? Are they in control? Who has the upper hand? The house person or the planet person.

Chrysalis

Can you post the chart in question, so we can see what you mean ?

L7 in querents L3 would be L7's radical L9 house if this helps, but this depends on which kind of chart your using i.e regio/whole etc.

waybread

It really depends on the question. You really have to look at the kind of sympathy (or not) that the planets have for each other. Here are some examples.

1. Does he love me? She's the first house, he's the 7th house. The ruler of the 7th is in the first. If the rest of the chart looks OK, he's interested in her.

2. Does he love me? She's the first house, he's the 7th house. But now the ruler of the 7th is in the 5th house. He's probably more interested in a casual fling. Or the ruler of the 7th is in the 11th. Probably he's just a friend.

3. The houses that tend to be negative are the 12th, 6th, and 8th. Does he love me? His significator is in the 12th house, or in his turned 12th house (the radix, or root chart's 6th house.) The turned house is the 12th house from the 7th, starting to count with house #7. Probably he is being deceptive.