Mars and Saturn

plutopassing

Hi there. Been having a look at my relocated chart as I'll be in a foreign country for 3 weeks (Australia... whoopee can't wait to go..) but worried now as I see that location puts Mars on the MC and Saturn EXACTLY conjunct the IC by one minute :eek: .

In my natal chart Saturn is the strongest planet (when looking at dignities). He is in Aquarius (8th house) and rules my 7th (capricorn). My moon is also in capricorn, so ruled by Saturn. Mars is in the 3rd and rules my sun sign (scorpio) and my 5th house.

Can anyone give me any idea how having those planets so prominent in a relocation chart could be interpreted, also in relation to my natal chart does it make any difference whether saturn is strong in my chart or mars rules my sun sign?

Lastly, when I'm in that location do I look at transits to that chart and/or transits for that location to my original natal chart.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

starlink

Plutopassing, I am no expert in relocation astrology but for those who are interested in this topic it might be good to upload both charts, natal and relocated. Maybe you will attract some people who can answer your questions.
Good luck in Australia!

Starlink

BobZemco

plutopassing said:
Hi there. Been having a look at my relocated chart as I'll be in a foreign country for 3 weeks (Australia... whoopee can't wait to go..) but worried now as I see that location puts Mars on the MC and Saturn EXACTLY conjunct the IC by one minute :eek: .

In my natal chart Saturn is the strongest planet (when looking at dignities). He is in Aquarius (8th house) and rules my 7th (capricorn). My moon is also in capricorn, so ruled by Saturn. Mars is in the 3rd and rules my sun sign (scorpio) and my 5th house.

Can anyone give me any idea how having those planets so prominent in a relocation chart could be interpreted, also in relation to my natal chart does it make any difference whether saturn is strong in my chart or mars rules my sun sign?

Lastly, when I'm in that location do I look at transits to that chart and/or transits for that location to my original natal chart.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

The general flow of events is:

1) Use an astromap. Generally you avoid any locations near the Mars/IC, Mars/Dsc, Pluto/IC, and Pluto/Dsc, because of the propensity for violence. With Pluto you will also have a tendency to alienate everyone and turn them against you.

In your case, you're going on holiday and not business, which is good because Saturn/IC is really bad for business. It ain't spectacular for holiday, but oh well.

2) Once you've selected a place, do a quick check of your Relocation Chart. If you're going on holiday do you want your Sun in the 12th?

No.

If you're going on sabbatical, retreat, or for other reasons, maybe you do. That might be perfect. On the other hand, you might shoot for a place that puts Pluto in the 4th/8th/12th to take advantage of its regenerative powers.

3) Set up an event chart for your flight/trip using the scheduled departure time. "I won't know what time the plane takes off until it actually takes off." Use the scheduled departure time. "What if the plane is late taking off?" Use the scheduled departure time. "But what if the flight is delayed?" Use the scheduled departure time.

Read it sort of like an electional/horoary/natal chart.

Ascendant = 5° Libra
Ascendant Ruler Venus = 18° Leo 22' in 11th House
Sun in 12th = 18° Virgo 49'
Uranus in 5th (Retrograde) = 21° Aquarius 50'

Fly or No Fly?

4) Once you do all that, you should be set, and your holiday/trip should be fun with no surprises (at least none you don't want/like).

plutopassing

Hi. Thanks for the replies Starlink & Bob. I'm going to look into all that you've noted Bob but having had a quick look, the sun in the relocation chart is in the 12th :( I'm liking the look of the departure time chart a bit more, although south node is on the asc in that. Also, there's no way I can get away from this Saturn / Uranus opposition at the moment. Its in the 2nd/8th axis in the departure chart (uranus 8th).

Having said all that... progressions (specially solar arcs involving moon and jupiter), transits, etc to my birth chart (from my home location and while I'm there are promising). Although transiting pluto currently squares my MC/IC, I think its a transformative time overall and this holiday comes on pluto's last contact so hopefully it is what pluto had in store after all the upheaval over the last two contacts and it is the final transformation, hopefully that won't be death what with the other charts with their badly placed planets.

Can you tell me whether, while I'm away, I should be looking at transits from that location to my natal chart or the relocated chart or both?

Thanks for your help, I've uploaded the relocated chart in this post and will make another one to upload the departure chart as for some reason I can't seem to attach two files.

I would be really grateful for any insight as I'm getting quite worried having looked at these charts.

Attachments

• relocatedchart.jpg
    relocatedchart.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 31

BobZemco

plutopassing said:
I'm liking the look of the departure time chart a bit more, although south node is on the asc in that. Also, there's no way I can get away from this Saturn / Uranus opposition at the moment. Its in the 2nd/8th axis in the departure chart (uranus 8th).

Is it your intent to purchase/lease the aircraft? No, so who cares about the 2/8 Axis?

Congratulations for picking the 2 most useless and irrelevant features in the chart.

What is the most important house in any travel chart?

It's the 11th House, the House of Circumstances Beyond Control.

Your flight should be uneventful and arrive on time.

AquariusT

BobZemco said:
Congratulations for picking the 2 most useless and irrelevant features in the chart.

Your flight should be uneventful and arrive on time.

:eek: Bob, wow. Snarky.

Not having Uranus in an angular house is a good thing on any trip. :)

BobZemco

AquariusT said:
Not having Uranus in an angular house is a good thing on any trip.

Not necessarily. Uranus rules aircraft, but opposing Saturn isn't important. You look at it like any other chart. Ascendant in critical degree? Via combusta? what's conjunct? Where's the ruler(s) by house(s)? Critical degrees? Via Combusta? 3rd House ruler(s) by house(s)? Critical degrees? Via Combusta? And finally where is the planet that rules your mode of travel?

plutopassing

BobZemco said:
Is it your intent to purchase/lease the aircraft? No, so who cares about the 2/8 Axis?

Let me at least explain my error in thinking that the event chart represented the whole holiday, as being the beginning of it when I take off and that's why I thought those placements were relevant, but obviously I got it wrong. The departure chart is just the journey. OK GOT IT.

Love your style Bob, so approachable ;)

starlink

Hi Bob, this is, I think, a very good topic for the Educational Board! Would you be willing maybe to sort of outline an introduction as to how we should proceed in interpreting an event chart?. Just the major things to look out for and how to start? I for one would be very interested as I have never really gone into this.

Cheers, Star.

BobZemco

plutopassing said:
Let me at least explain my error in thinking that the event chart represented the whole holiday, as being the beginning of it when I take off and that's why I thought those placements were relevant, but obviously I got it wrong. The departure chart is just the journey. OK GOT IT.

Love your style Bob, so approachable ;)

If it was on the 1/7, 3/9 or 5/11 axis you'd have reason to be concerned, since it would mean the potential for delays (including the possibility of missing the flight for not arriving in time to undergo the grueling check-in and security process).

It isn't necessary to include in the chart, but you can eye-ball for semi-sextiles and semi-squares, little things that irritate and aggravate, like you ask for chicken and they give you pork for you in-flight meal.

Drum bun!

BobZemco

starlink said:
Hi Bob, this is, I think, a very good topic for the Educational Board! Would you be willing maybe to sort of outline an introduction as to how we should proceed in interpreting an event chart?. Just the major things to look out for and how to start? I for one would be very interested as I have never really gone into this.

Cheers, Star.

I can try to throw something together. The peregrine planet, unaspected planet(s), Void of Course Planet and critical degrees are real important. If you don't have those, then you start looking for the malefics.

starlink

I can try to throw something together.
That would be great!! Lots of people are in the dark about this subject.
Just a few pointers. Like what would it mean when the planet (which one is the most important one for instance) is peregrine. If it signifies the trip, does this mean the trip will be a "no-mans land" experience? like you cannot really find anything typical which goes with that place or what? You get my point.

Cheers! Starlink