Will my husband be accepted at PhD program?

Venusinlibra

My husband has been trying to be accepted in the PhD program, but his projects were rejected for twice. We´re becoming very anxious about it, coz he was diagnosed with a degenerative disease and needs to accomplish it while he can. Will he be accepted next time?

By the chart here, I tried to read the conexions between 7th house ruler, venus - my husband´s 1th - and the 3th house ruler, mercury - my husband´s 9th house, his academic studies - and there was none.

But, since he is a professor and this is about his career, I could as well read his 10th house ruler, moon. That didn´t looked better, though...

I would be grateful for any hints...

Attachments

• doutoradoJ.gif
    doutoradoJ.gif
    57.4 KB · Views: 31

Harold

Venus is your husband here, as ruler of the 7th house. Venus is stationary and about to go retrograde, possibly indicating the onset of the regressive disease. We see Venus is in Capricorn, ruled by Saturn, and the Moon is translating the light from Saturn to the Moon via an opposition. What is this disease? Capricorn is upper thighs, hips, and Saturn is bones...? Venus is in its own triplicity and is on the MC, so it has some dignity here. Venus has the strength to be a player, not just a powerless pawn.

It is interesting to see that Mercury, ruler of the turned 9th from the 7th is on the cusp of the radical 9th house, which is appropriate as the 9th house is concerned with higher education. Jupiter, ruler of the radical 9th, returns the favour in a way by being in the turned 9th. Though Jupiter is exalted in Cancer, it is retrograde, so is not as helpful here as it might be.

The next planet with which Venus makes contact after it turns retrograde is a conjunction with Mercury, ruler of the turned 9th. But note that Mercury is currently combust and applying to the Sun and it is only as Mercury leaves its state of combustion by separating from the Sun that it finally applies to Venus. This indicates that your husband could well be accepted to study for a Ph.D., but only after a great struggle and a period when it seems final that he will not be accepted.

Venusinlibra

Thank you very much, Harold. His disease has a lot to do with saturn, since he will loose his mobility due to rigidity of the limbs. We´re running against time, since if he does not accomplish PhD, he will have to retire with very low income...

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole signhouse format)

-husband = 7th house = Libra = Venus
-PhD program = 9th house = Sagittarius = Jupiter**
-Venus flows toward Jupiter (and Jupiter flows toward Venus by retrograde motion) = + testimony
-lord of the 9th house, Jupiter, is in exaltation and in husband's 10th house of success (ie 10th house from 7th) = + testimony
-neither of the quesited significators are in pitted degrees
...testimonies are all +: in my opinion the answer to this question is yes.

(**if we take the 9th as from the husband's signifying sign, ie the 9th from the 7th, this falls in Gemini, and Mercury becomes significator instead of Jupiter: in the chart Mercury flows toward Venus, so this is equally + testimony and the answer remains the same)

Last edited:

Venusinlibra

Hi everyone, I just want to share the outcome of my problem: my husband was finally accepted at Phd, few days ago. His progressed moon is now conjunct his progressed ascendant in sagitarius, both in the cusp of natal third house, and jupiter is about to conjunct his natal uranus at 11th, trine his natal venus at 7th (ruller of 9th) and sextile his natal mars at 9th. Jupiter had been in this position when he first appplied (and failed) last year, and then moved retrograde.
Thanks once again, dr. Farr and Harold!

Venusinlibra

Thank you!! He is working on the intersection between journalism and informatics. His Phd is on design, he will develop a software to allow newspapers (despite newspapers in paper are doomed to disapear, they´re still very important at small country communities) to use the same language as websites to design its pages. (Or something like that... LOL!) We´re very happy.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Well good luck to him.

My son worked for 7 years to get his PhD in experimental nuclear physics---a bit closer to Stephen Hawking in subject area than your husband.