Do air signs neutralize water signs in competitive situations?

The19thLaw

I notice that when it comes to competitive situations, maybe it is due to not being as in touch with their emotions or even being as affected, air signs tend to best water signs a lot of times. A prime example is Conor McGregor (Cancer) being brutally abused by Khabib (Libra).

Now I feel like fire signs with the exception of Leo are prone to being put out by water signs. The reason I feel like Leos are exceptions is because of its fixed nature so it is a fixed fire that cannot be put out.

I am kind of curious here though.

OuterPlanets89

I haven't thought too deeply about the subject but it is an interesting one. I also think it'd be important to look at modalities too (as well as Mars + other planet placements, obviously).

But on your point, I'd say competitiveness/"fight" do come from different places for each of the elements:

- Water and Fire are both driven by emotion, in different ways. Most water-heavy athletes I know use some emotional chip on their shoulder as motivation. Some Fire-heavy athletes do too, but I think they're more driven to shine or to simply be the best.
- Earth is driven more by preparation and if pushed, protecting their turf. Most of them seem to come from the "I'm more prepared/determined than they are, therefore I will win" type of mentality.
- Air is the hardest to pin down, but I tend to see competitiveness from Air coming more from a "flow state" or something similar to Uranian "spark" energy. They're definitely the most cut off from their emotions, which makes them interestingly unfazed under pressure at times, but that's only the positive side of the coin, as it can also turn off if they haven't properly honed that energy.

Hkk

Account Closed
Scorpio or Scorpio aspects are more driven than say Aquarius or Aquarius aspects so it depends on the overall chart really. Scorpio is water but I don’t any Scorpios that aren’t charged with ambition and competitiveness. They just go about it differently to say a libra.