Should Pluto be demoted as a planet in Astrology?

dhundhun

For Information:

In Palmistry, Pluto replaced "upper mount of Mars" because of similarity of Astrological Pluto. That area is frequently referred as "Mount of Pluto" in both "Western Scientific Palmistry" as well as "Indian Palmistry". I don't know exactly when this started, but in Indian Palmistry, I know it since early eighties.

It has similar attributes as transformation, destruction, regeneration. If important in palm, it makes someone calm as well as a worrier.

Last edited:

The Ram

There are traditionalists who use Pluto and the other outers. Robert hand and Joseph Crane to name a few.

Vivian Robson also used Neptune and Uranus, he did not use Pluto. But then again Pluto was only discovered shortly before he died. Long before guys like Zoller and Hand came along Robson was the guy who really started traditional astrologies resurgence. Although he may have been ahead of his time.

I guess if you want to be literal theyd all be neo traditionalists. Then again if you want to be that literal any traditionalist who uses a computer to calculate charts wouldnt be a true traditionalist either.

The Ram

My bad, Robson actually did use Pluto, albeit sporadically. He alludes to the fact that there hadnt been enough research on it during his time to fully know of its affects.

waybread

Pluto really, really works well in modern western astrology. I intend to use it regardless of whether astronomers classify it as a planet, dwarf planet, or Mickey Mouse.