Intelligence indicator (details inside)

Gemini888

I believe that there are several kinds of intelligence. So far science has discovered 7 types of intelligence. So this question will be quite broad.

I also saw a blog categorize intelligence according to astrological elements. So according to the blog, the type of intelligence we often think of, aka IQ, is the Air-type intelligence. Earth-type intelligence is slower when it comes to brain power, but it always finds a way to bring ideas into reality. Water-type intelligence is basically EQ, and Fire-type intelligence is the type of intelligence leaders possess, the ability to inspire and persuade others and manage a large group of people.

So my question is, where exactly do you find the indicator for intelligence? Is it a product of all planets combined, or is it just a job of a specific planet? The same blog that categorize intelligence mentioned a little about Mercury and Moon. Mercury is how the brain works, but the Moon is the source of intelligence. Other than that, the blog didn't elaborate further.

Me for example, I think I'm strong in spacial and intrapersonal intelligence. I also feel like an Earth-type and a bit of a Fire-type intelligence. My Mercury is in Gemini and in 2H. My Moon is in Aries and conj Asc with 1 deg orb. So... Mercury and Moon don't seem to reflect my intelligence much :pouty:

Any thought on this?

SunConjunctUranus

I believe that there are several kinds of intelligence. So far science has discovered 7 types of intelligence. So this question will be quite broad.

I also saw a blog categorize intelligence according to astrological elements. So according to the blog, the type of intelligence we often think of, aka IQ, is the Air-type intelligence. Earth-type intelligence is slower when it comes to brain power, but it always finds a way to bring ideas into reality. Water-type intelligence is basically EQ, and Fire-type intelligence is the type of intelligence leaders possess, the ability to inspire and persuade others and manage a large group of people.

So my question is, where exactly do you find the indicator for intelligence? Is it a product of all planets combined, or is it just a job of a specific planet? The same blog that categorize intelligence mentioned a little about Mercury and Moon. Mercury is how the brain works, but the Moon is the source of intelligence. Other than that, the blog didn't elaborate further.

Me for example, I think I'm strong in spacial and intrapersonal intelligence. I also feel like an Earth-type and a bit of a Fire-type intelligence. My Mercury is in Gemini and in 2H. My Moon is in Aries and conj Asc with 1 deg orb. So... Mercury and Moon don't seem to reflect my intelligence much :pouty:

Any thought on this?

I'm sorry to little disagree with the fire type intelligence, fire are too quick when making any decision, sure fire type intelligence could be come a leader when "danger" or in hurry situation. The leader who make a great long term decision in my humble opinion is earth type intelligence because as you said they make it to the reality, most people usually said "I could do this, I could be better, I could made it, etc" with a bizzare imagination but the reality is they don't make it real. That's equal to bs.

Your mercury Gemini but you thought that you are more like Earth type intelligence, I think it's because your mercury is in retrograde. Air sign mercury is known as fast than any sign expressions of mecury but yours is retrograde, I think. According to vedic, mercury in retrograde is more detailed orientated because they think more than most other people. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Answering

R

Starsareround

I think Saturn conjunctions are interesting in regards to intelligence. Not that the native is “more” intelligent but it’s a different kind of mind.

Starsareround

mww.pngmw.png

I'm curious about these two charts as interesting examples of different types of intelligence. I know both of these people well. The Uranus conj Asc person is very unusually intelligent in their field (robotics engineering) and has a PhD from Carnegie Mellon, lots of papers published, peer reviewed & citations. However, they are completely unable to "adult" and basically has trouble tying their shoes. As awesome as they are :tongue:

Second example is an engineer who is very successful but feels deeply insecure about their intelligence and basically always thinks everyone is smarter. This person is much more "street smart" and basically uses everything they got to further their life goals regardless of insecurity. I admire both of these people and consider them both to be extremely intelligent in their own weird and wonderful ways. I'll be back with more thoughts on what makes their minds so effective but I'm very interested in what others might comment on with these two...

Last edited:

thelivingsky

"I also saw a blog categorize intelligence according to astrological elements. So according to the blog, the type of intelligence we often think of, aka IQ, is the Air-type intelligence. Earth-type intelligence is slower when it comes to brain power, but it always finds a way to bring ideas into reality. Water-type intelligence is basically EQ, and Fire-type intelligence is the type of intelligence leaders possess, the ability to inspire and persuade others and manage a large group of people."

This is a good general description of the strengths of each element. As for "science" having discovered seven types. I believe you may be referring to Howard Gardiner's work and his book entitled "Multiple Intelligences." I don't think science has come to a consensus on this claim.

I suspect that heavily well-aspected and strongly placed Mercury is a marker for abstract thinking intelligence. Also a a packed third house can show this. But Jupiter conjunct Uranus almost always gives genius or talent in some area.

I have noticed that people who have good spatial intelligence often have Sagittarius influences or a strong ninth house.

Musical ability often shows up with Moon-Jupiter links and writing ability with Mercury-Jupiter links. Mechanical or engineering talent more likely with a Mercury-Saturn link.

SunConjunctUranus

@Staeareround

Did you notice their mercury had a harsh aspect from mars? The ones who is not confidance in his "intelligence" had mercury opposite jupiter, he is more focused though with mercury-mars conjuntion in the 3H. Both engineers are hardworker too with the moon sitting in 6H. So, intelligence+hard work = excellence.

Replying

R

Last edited:

Starsareround

Interesting, and did you notice both have Uranus angular with aspects to Mercury? The moon in H5 (but close to H6) native is actually preoccupied with partying, so a lot of his energy is tied up with amusement, H6 Moon native is very focused and is primarily interested in results. Moon H5 native has extreme "natural talent" but isn't as interested in developing it...

Wassup SCU?! :happy:

Last edited:

SunConjunctUranus

Hello Starareround :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I'll let you know more "legit" intelligence creature. His name is Michio Kaku.

His Uranus is in the MC but no aspect to Mercury. Is this making him highly progressive intelligence? I don't have the answer yet, I'm still learning too.

But from sidereal prespective (not always vedic) his ascendant is Leo, and as you can see his Capricorn Sun (Leo ruler) conjunct Mercury and Mars in 6H and opposite from saturn and part of fortune. It mean that his idea (mercury) is not usual to the norm(saturn) , and that's what we called "intelligence" now days.

Well, unfortunately I can't modify your friend's chart so I just can analyze as my previous post.

Answering

R

Starsareround

His Uranus is in the MC but no aspect to Mercury. Is this making him highly progressive intelligence? I don't have the answer yet, I'm still learning too.

But from sidereal prespective (not always vedic) his ascendant is Leo, and as you can see his Capricorn Sun (Leo ruler) conjunct Mercury and Mars in 6H and opposite from saturn and part of fortune. It mean that his idea (mercury) is not usual to the norm(saturn) , and that's what we called "intelligence" now days.

Well, unfortunately I can't modify your friend's chart so I just can analyze as my previous post.

Answering

R

I'd love to check out siereal.

Starsareround

Answering

R

Saturn conjunct Pluto opposing Merc/Sun/Mars shows a lot of drive and discipline, investigative powerful mind

moonkat235

I've been debating posting my dad's chart today. I guess I shall. He's got an IQ in the 145-150 range when he got it tested in his 30s. He's a very slow processor and according to him, he's a terrible test taker, but I consider him highly intelligent. He can remember huge amounts of information and can even reference page numbers, authors and textbooks that he read in college. He's currently in his 60s.

He was invited to join MENSA after his IQ test results came back, but refused due to his distaste for institutions. His advice to me has always been that hard work counts for more than 'mere intelligence'. He and my uncle still do calculus problems together at family gatherings, just for fun. My father is also highly philosophical, terrible with modern technology and haunted by philosophical/existential questions.

I'm curious to see what you all see in his chart.

Here it is:

xBmGu4z.jpg

Also, to contextualize what an IQ of 145-150 means by psychological/societal standards:

High IQ & Genius IQ
Genius IQ is generally considered to begin around 140 to 145, representing ~.25% of the population (1 in 400). Here's a rough guide:

115-124 - Above average (e.g., university students)
125-134 - Gifted (e.g., post-graduate students)
135-144 - Highly gifted (e.g., intellectuals)
145-154 - Genius (e.g., professors)
155-164 - Genius (e.g., Nobel Prize winners)
165-179 - High genius
180-200 - Highest genius
>200 - "Unmeasurable genius"

Flapjacks

I suspect that heavily well-aspected and strongly placed Mercury is a marker for abstract thinking intelligence. Also a a packed third house can show this. But Jupiter conjunct Uranus almost always gives genius or talent in some area.

I know someone with Mercury, Jupiter, and Uranus conjunct in Libra. Highly intelligent, but there are huge blind spots. His approach is to follow a set of linear rules, and if a situation arises that cannot be evaluated within that framework, he becomes impatient and cannot get past it. Saturn is in fixed sign Taurus, inconjunct the tight Mercury/Jupiter/Uranus conjunction, and square the ruler Venus in fixed sign Leo.

Genius is marked by an element of creativity that can solve the unsolvable problems; it is the ability to see many threads at once, and clearly enough, that they can be woven together in new ways that work. It is an often overlooked but critical requirement for abstract thinking.

Personally, I've noticed Mercury conjunctions to Venus and sometimes Mars with strong contacts to Moon tend to show up in charts of dynamically intelligent people (Jack-of-all-trades types or Renaissance men).

A dance between Moon and Mercury, with Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, sometimes Neptune, making strong aspects (conjunctions, squares, oppositions), and either Moon or Mercury being debilitated with the another in dignity, seems common.

Last edited:

SunConjunctUranus

My father is also highly philosophical, terrible with modern technology and haunted by philosophical/existential questions.

I think this is because your father's ascendant is in Capricorn and saturn sitting in the 10H. Mars, Venus, North Node, and ascendant all occupied saturn (Aquarius and Capricorn).

He was invited to join MENSA after his IQ test results came back, but refused due to his distaste for institutions.

Sun and Mercury in 12H might decline to shine in this house.

My father is also highly philosophical

Moon sitting comfrontable with South Node in the 9H

Best wishes

R

CapAquaPis

My IQ (Aquarius sun/moon): 125-134 - Gifted (e.g., post-graduate students) - has mild or high-functioning autism, probably inherited from both parents.
My mother's (Aquarius-Pisces moon): 135-144 - Highly gifted (e.g., intellectuals) - however, she's a Taurus sun, I have both parents' genes.
My father's (Aquarius rising, Pisces in 2nd): 115-124 - Above average (e.g., university students) - a Sagittarius sun, he believes to have autism.

I'm an AIR SIGN and WATER SIGN type of person (26' Aquarius sun within the end of this zodiacal month), different intelligence than someone who is a fire or earth sign (Sagittarius and Taurus respectively). I'm halfway capable of using computers, my Mother learned to use them since the 1970s in her dispatching job in police/sheriff departments and my father never needed to have them in the local firefighting department...I was taught to use one, but not my father.

Witchyone

For high IQ braininess, Mutable suns and mercuries, sun/Mercury contacts, Uranus contacts to personal planets, strong 3rd and 9th house placements.

Gemini888

For high IQ braininess, Mutable suns and mercuries, sun/Mercury contacts, Uranus contacts to personal planets, strong 3rd and 9th house placements.
I wonder how Mercury/Sun in other signs create other types of intelligence.

My 3H and 9H is empty. I only have Gemini and Sag on the cusps.