Does he have romantic feelings for me?

hiimnotcool

I was asked this question by someone yesterday, and I looked at the chart and was somewhat surprised. I don't want to come with a complete answer yet. Both of the significators are in Exaltation, but it looks like Venus will reach Saturn before the aspect perfects. Does anybody have any insight on this chart?

Horary-1.gif

hiimnotcool

Quite a few views and no answers? I don't want to give the wrong answer. This is very difficult. I'm used to it being clear and this does not seem like the case.

RayAustin

hiimnotcool said:
Quite a few views and no answers? I don't want to give the wrong answer. This is very difficult. I'm used to it being clear and this does not seem like the case.

Well, Mars likes Venus, by being in her triplicity, so that's a great like, yes.. not really romantic feelings, both the people are in their exaltations which can be overconfidence or focusing on themselves.

Venus is going to reach Saturn and Mars in the heavens simultaneously, but the opposition will separate before the sextile separates. So I guess we could say the opposition truly happens first. A sextile isn't that strong of a connection though, and to be honest it looks like Mars likes Venus more than Venus likes Mars, Venus is very self absorbed being in 3 of its own dignities.

I'm going to say, it looks like it might just end up as friendship.
Ray:D

Last edited:

archergirl

Mars, ruler of the 7th, is weakened, restricted in power and in a cadent house.

Lord, no. Mars is in exaltation, and the 9th, although cadent, is not so weakened as it benefits from being in trine to the ASC.

It might be good to have a bit of background on this...the position of Venus in the 11th seems to suggest that friendship is the main issue, and that Venus is the 'pursuer', since it is the faster moving planet.

I would say that even if there are romantic feelings (which is questionable), there is likely not much action in the future; the Moon's next aspect is to square Saturn.

AG:)

Last edited:

RayAustin

archergirl said:
I would say that even if there are romantic feelings (which is questionable), there is likely not much action in the future; the Moon's next aspect is to square Saturn.

It's interesting that we came to the same viewpoint, though I took a somewhat different route--and I have to agree, the upcoming square which I overlooked says that as well; since it's not eased by reception.

Ray

RayAustin

hiimnotcool said:

Oh I had a question, what's particularly difficult in this chart for you? I'd love to help.

Ray:)

archergirl

Horary is simply a reflection of life, and as in life, sometimes a chart isn't particularly clear. This one is fairly clear, however.:)

hiimnotcool

I think I was just confused due to both significators being in exaltation, so both of them are relatively strong. I haven't seen that before-usually one has much more strength than the other. Also how they are definitely applying but it looks like the aspect to Saturn denies it. Querent's significator also in the house of 'wishes and dreams' so maybe they desire for this to be the case.

So basically, since it's denied the answer is 'You may think he has feelings for you, but he doesn't.'

Thanks everyone for your help!

RayAustin

hiimnotcool said:
I think I was just confused due to both significators being in exaltation, so both of them are relatively strong. I haven't seen that before-usually one has much more strength than the other. Also how they are definitely applying but it looks like the aspect to Saturn denies it. Querent's significator also in the house of 'wishes and dreams' so maybe they desire for this to be the case.

So basically, since it's denied the answer is 'You may think he has feelings for you, but he doesn't.'

Thanks everyone for your help!

Saturn is "denying" anything happening by the square without reception to ease it, not whether he has feelings for her or not. To see this you look at receptions. He's in her triplicity, so he likes her a lot, maybe close to love, strong love would be shown if he was in Pisces, Venus's Exaltation, or in Taurus or Libra, her sign of rulership.

R

Last edited: