Mars(Rx) trine Mercury
Jupiter(Rx) trine Pluto
Saturn(Rx) trine Venus
Pluto(Rx) sextile Uranus(Rx)

Japan:
Uranus conjunct Mars
Uranus sextile Pluto
--------------------
Japan have a double Uranus transit which will give them a boost. However, I think that Colombia's transits look more positive.
Based on this info, Colombia to edge this match.

Poland(2.3) vs Senegal(3.5)
---------------------------
Poland -> June 25, 1911
Senegal -> December 31, 1961

Poland:
Moon square Moon
Uranus sextile Sun
Pluto opposite Neptune

Senegal:
Moon trine Mercury
---------------------------
Not much in this match, I am going to suggest Poland win/draw based on the data.

Russia(2.1) vs Egypt(4)
--------------------------
Russia -> August 16, 1992
Egypt -> December 3, 1921

Russia:
Sun opposite NNode
Moon sextile Pluto
Neptune sextile Uranus
Pluto Rx sextile Pluto
NNode conjunct Mercury

Egypt:
Saturn RX square Saturn
NNode sextile Saturn
--------------------------
Russia can almost guarantee 2nd place with a win against Egypt, whilst Egypt can become the first team eliminated (depending on Uruguay-Saudi), with defeat here. The transits appear to favour Russia here. Russia win/draw.

sentinel

My offerings:

Japan v Columbia - will try a draw.
Chart not radical. Moon separates from Jupiter, from its sign of detriment, weak hour lord -under beams and late degree rising.

Senegal v Portugal - try a draw.
Chart not radical. Moon separates from Jupiter, from its sign of detriment.

Egypt v Russia. Russia favourites. Will go with favourites.
Chart not radical, Moon in Ptolemaic bounds of a malefic.

Colombia – Japan (June 19, 2018, Saransk, 03:00 pm)

Colombia: October 12, 1924

Japan: September 10, 1921

The match: Ascendant in Libra 30. Moon in Virgo 17. Venus in Leo 7. Saturn in Capricorn 7. Mars in Aquarius 9. Also Mercury in Cancer 14 as another signification of victory.

Colombia: Mercury in Libra 10, Sun in Libra 20, 1st house, pretty good. Moon in Aries 18, 7th house, not particularly good. Jupiter in Sagittarius 17 very closely squares the Moon, a very lucky sign! The Moon in Aries 18 squares Mercury but the square may be a bit too loose to add any meaning. There is also a pretty close square between Saturn in Scorpio 4 and Venus which may not be very nice. Mercury in Libra 10 squares Saturn and trines Mars pretty closely which may add some troubles but it doesn’t speak defeat to me.

Japan: Mercury in Libra 2, 1st house, rather neutral. The Sun in Virgo 17 is exactly joined with the Moon, could it be an indication of the possible success of Japan? Venus in Leo 11 is joined with Venus which is a very good sign but the conjunction may be a bit too loose to influence the game much. This Venus also opposes Mars and the aspect is much closer so the effect of the opposition may be more noticeable than the one of the conjunction.

Conclusion: Colombia has a very close Moon-Jupiter square and Japan has a very close Moon-Sun conjunction, both of which can potentially bring success to both teams. Mercury and especially the Sun in the 1st house can be an indication of success for Colombia while the Mars-Venus opposition in Japan’s chart, on the contrary, can have a negative effect on how they will perform. Overall, I think Colombia will win.

Poland – Senegal (June 19, 2018, Moskva, 06:00 pm)

Poland: December 20, 1919

Senegal: ???

The match: Ascendant in Scorpio 24. Sun in Gemini 29. Mars in Aquarius 9. Saturn in Capricorn 7. Venus in Leo 7. Also Jupiter in Scorpio 15 as another signification for the team.

Poland: Jupiter in Leo 18, 10th house, great. Venus in Scorpio 13, 1st house, also very good. The Sun in Sagittarius 28 opposes the Sun, a pretty interesting configuration, could be pretty good. Mars in Libra 11 trines Mars which is a positive sign overall, in my opinion. There is also a square between Venus in Scorpio 13 and Mars which is a great configuration but it may be too loose to have any particular impact. Venus in Scorpio 13 is also joined with Jupiter which is extremely good. Jupiter in Leo 18 closely squares Jupiter which is another extremely beneficial configuration. On the other hand, the Moon and Mercury in Sagittarius 6 closely trine Venus which may be not very good but it doesn’t seem malicious at all to me.

Conclusion: Since I don’t have Senegal’s chart, it’s hard to judge for certain but Poland’s chart looks exceptionally good so I think they should win. Angular Venus and Jupiter with close aspects to Jupiter and other factors indicate that Poland will be a strong competitor and it’s highly unlikely that Senegal’s chart looks as great as Poland’s. So I think Poland will win.

Russia – Egypt (June 19, 2018, Sankt-Peterburg, 09:00 pm)

Russia: January 19, 1912

Egypt: December 3, 1921

The match: Ascendant in Sagittarius 14. Mercury in Cancer 14. Jupiter in Scorpio 15. Also Moon in Virgo 20 as another signification for victory and Sun in Gemini 29 as another signification for the opponent.

Russia: Jupiter in Sagittarius 9 and Venus in Sagittarius 18, 1st house, great. Saturn in Taurus 14 exactly sextiles Mercury and it may not a very good aspect, but sextiles are very weak usually, so I don’t think it’s something important. Venus in Sagittarius 18 closely squares the Moon which is a very good aspect. Saturn in Taurus 14 almost exactly opposes Jupiter which is not a good sign at all, in my opinion.

Egypt: Sun in Sagittarius 11, 1st house, pretty good. Jupiter in Libra 14 and Mars in Libra 17 very closely square Mercury (especially Jupiter, to a degree) which is a very good sign.

Conclusion: It is not easy to judge here. On one hand, Russia has both Venus and Jupiter in the 1st house and also the Moon-Venus square looks very good. On the other hand, there is a very unpleasant Jupiter-Saturn opposition in the Russia’s chart and Egypt looks very good as well without having any stressful aspects. It could be a draw, but I’m really not sure what to make of it.

Last edited:

Tora

mnn those double Uranus transits means something to watch out for as a winning indicator in the future?

sven555

Wow Japan beat Colombia 1-2!

Another penalty scored. That double Uranus transit give Japan a big enough boost to win the match.

@tora, yes; I think Uranus transits are something to look out for.

BlackLioness87

Senegal 2 - Poland 1
Yey! An African team with strong probabilities of joining the round of 16.
:D I also hope that Salah would play today (just to have an interesting match to watch, like Portugal v Spain). :D

sven555

Colombia 1-2 Japan
Poland 1-2 Senegal
Russia 3-1 Egypt

every team scored, two more penalties and another own goal haha.

Russia virtually through to the Last 16.

sentinel

I'm reasonably pleased with today.

I'm trying to read an event chart and if it would suggest that things should go as expected, that is the favourite would win.

The charts today, for the first two games , read less well so I'd expect the result to move away from what would normally be expected, that is it would be a draw or an underdog victory.

Deciding what weight to attach to what factors and if this should be underdog or draw is down to the astrologer.

Just a query on the transits to a country's first game, or national association being established: Will the transits listed be the same for most, if not all, of a country's games during the tournament?

BlackLioness87

Just a query on the transits to a country's first game, or national association being established: Will the transits listed be the same for most, if not all, of a country's games during the tournament?

Sven answered in another thread the following:

Double chance is helpful initially to allow you to see how the chart plays out. I personally don't always read the chart of the match but since the matches at the World Cup are everyday and at similar times, choosing double chance would not be a problem.

Do you mean you would make one prediction using transits to "natal" charts and another using event charts?

Yes, you can look at both methods to see what prediction comes up.

Tora

I'm trying to read an event chart and if it would suggest that things should go as expected, that is the favourite would win.

The charts today, for the first two games , read less well so I'd expect the result to move away from what would normally be expected, that is it would be a draw or an underdog victory.

Deciding what weight to attach to what factors and if this should be underdog or draw is down to the astrologer.

But you are predicting after sven has posted the result for today? :unsure:

sven555

No, because you can consider the faster moving planets such as the Sun, Moon, Mercury and Venus. These move and can give an advantage or not.

Some teams enter the tournament in good form (hence the slower moving planets giving form)