Alcohol and Our Charts

turkish girl

The skeletons in the closet related to his marriage could be indicated by the eighth house involvement in the grand cross. Eighth house being the spouse's resources, shared resources, and emotional undercurrents of the relationship. If either he or his wife inherited money or property, or inherited debt, or brought a knotty in-law situation into the marriage, that would also be indicated in the sense of inheritance.

But with so much fourth house involved, there's no way his family of origin isn't part of the problem. Doesn't necessarily mean they're bad people or abusive or anything like that. It could simply be that whatever problems the family has had over the generations are manifesting in his addictions. There might be several generations of trauma that no one talks about.

Oh maybe,actually now i realised i have not talked much about his father with him because he passed away lots of years ago.I know he loves his mother and bro but his father is a closed box...I usually ask his opinions about guys and he gives me some suggestions about love and relationship stuff and also shared some problems about his married life with me.So i thought main cause is marriage and he diverting his mind away while smoking and drinking.

Lin

"You don't need to worry about me. I'll make out alright! Thanks for the concern, but fortune favors the bold!"

But it doesn't favor the alcoholic. Drinking may not affect you right now, (tho I think you are in denial about this....Neptunianism, by definition, is very much about denial,)
but it WILL - it definitely WILL - and it will affect you mentally, socially AND physically. Physically, by the time you notice a problem, it's usually too late to reverse the problem.

The issue is Neptune. And your inability to overcome the denial about being in control (some sort of self-defining control).

The stronger Neptune IS, the less honest your will be with yourself and others. And because Neptune is the great deceiver, you won't even know what the effect is that you have on yourself and others....until someone is brave enough to let you know.

The first step in AA is, "admit that we are powerless over alcohol." You can substitute "alcohol" for any number of addictions. They are all basically the same. Spending, sexing, hand washing, shopping, eating, serial dating, job changing, drugs......whether behaviors or substances, the slow slide down into the darkness is the same.
LIN

Abby83

This is a good question.

I’m allergic to alcohol. I repeat. I’m allergic to alcohol.

When I was 17 I started drinking alcohol with school friends when going out. What a shame, every single time I drank I ended up spending the night vomiting. I did this at least 6 months and then I gave up and became a health freak. Occasionally (as in once in a few years) I would try alcohol again. I’d have half a glass of wine and have a one week hangover. If I had a martini or slivovica it burnt and damaged an entire lining of my throat. Couldn’t speak for 3 weeks until the new lining has been produced.

Astrologically, 12th house and 6th house mostly shows if you can tolerate alcohol. Mine are both in Virgo, the weakest most sensitive sign when it comes to health. The 12th house is to do with the lymphatic system and how it rids waste. My 12th ruler is venus in detriment. 6th house is to do with the intestines and how it deals with absorption, how tough it is or how sensitive. 6th ruler is mars in Virgo, so it’s also sensitive.

Abby83

I don’t think that Neptune and Jupiter is enough to show how you can tolerate alcohol. I mean my asc ruler aspects Neptune and Pluto harmoniously and I’m allergic to alcohol. And my jupiter is in rulership in the first conjunct moon.

Osamenor

Staff member
Astrologically, 12th house and 6th house mostly shows if you can tolerate alcohol. Mine are both in Virgo, the weakest most sensitive sign when it comes to health. The 12th house is to do with the lymphatic system and how it rids waste. My 12th ruler is venus in detriment. 6th house is to do with the intestines and how it deals with absorption, how tough it is or how sensitive. 6th ruler is mars in Virgo, so it’s also sensitive.

My first thought when I read this paragraph was, how can you have the sixth and twelfth houses in the same sign? Presumably you mean their rulers?

Osamenor

Staff member
I don’t think that Neptune and Jupiter is enough to show how you can tolerate alcohol. I mean my asc ruler aspects Neptune and Pluto harmoniously and I’m allergic to alcohol. And my jupiter is in rulership in the first conjunct moon.

But perhaps they would indicate a tendency to overindulge if you can tolerate alcohol--without supplying the detail of whether or not you can tolerate alcohol. And if other factors in favor of drinking heavily are present in your life: you're in a social situation where drinking is approved of, you have plenty of access to alcohol, and whatever would motivate you to drink heavily exists.

Alcoholics and heavy drinkers are the most alcohol tolerant people. They have to be, to be able to drink that much in the first place.

Lin

"Alcoholics and heavy drinkers are the most alcohol tolerant people. They have to be, to be able to drink that much in the first place"

This seems to be true. Especially in the case of "very functional alcoholics" who can drink a LOT one night and get up and go to work the next morning....seemingly without a hangover.

HOWEVER: eventually either the liver, heart or intestines will deteriorate. Which is why I said above that no matter how well one thinks they are physically tolerating alcohol, it is still poisoning the body....actually, often you can SEE this deterioration on the face of the addict. Addicts don't seem to age well....because, as it is INSIDE, it shows OUTSIDE.
LIN

Abby83

But perhaps they would indicate a tendency to overindulge if you can tolerate alcohol--without supplying the detail of whether or not you can tolerate alcohol. And if other factors in favor of drinking heavily are present in your life: you're in a social situation where drinking is approved of, you have plenty of access to alcohol, and whatever would motivate you to drink heavily exists.

Alcoholics and heavy drinkers are the most alcohol tolerant people. They have to be, to be able to drink that much in the first place.

What I'm saying is the condition of the 12th ruler shows how well your body deals with toxins by ridding it through the lymphatic system. And the condition of the 6th ruler shows how the intestines cope with toxins.

As for overindulging - my 2nd ruler (food intake) is Jupiter in sag conjunct moon 1st house. This is a sign of overindulging. But not of toxic foods or drinks. I indulge in lots of foods of all kinds so long as its low in chemicals. Eg: flour products hurt my tummy cos they're bleached. And I can't drink soft drinks cos of the chemicals. Needless to say the Jupiter squares the mars and Venus, showing the conflict between me loving to indulge but struggling to do so due to a sensitive and weak tummy and lymphatic system.

My brother on the other hand - lives off of toxins and high fat diet. He is a tallish skinny guy. He might be happy having one or two meals a day but it will be a heavy mean. In the evening he will drink two bottles of wine and get depressed that he can't feel anything at all. He can no longer get drunk. He just gets numb. As for his chart off the top of my head his 12th ruler is either Uranus in Scorpio or Saturn in Libra and his 6th ruler is sun in Taurus. His health is great. He can tolerate a lot.

bsab

Banned
Greetings!

I looked for a thread on this subject, but I couldn't find one that was terribly recent, so I figured I'd make one.

For many, alcohol is seen as a nice way to relax and socialize. Be it at a wedding, on a date, or watching your favorite sport, You can always have your friend Bud or your best girl Ms. Miller there to cheer you on. For others, however, alcohol can certainly be classified as an addiction and a crutch.

Personally, I find myself in the latter category some times. W.C. Fields once said, If God had wanted us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs! That describes my day pretty well. I normally have some Irish Creme in my coffee when I wake up, a couple cocktails at lunch, some wine after dinner, and a nightcap shot before I retire. For many, especially my age, this would be considered completely impossible while functioning; but not for me.

When I started my dabbling in astrology, I wasn't exactly sure how it would suit me. I didn't see a lot of things in astrology that I could relate with. So, I decided to pick your expertise and ask some questions and discuss the relationship between alcohol and our aspects, signs, and charts.

Which signs are better off not drinking, for example? In my naivety, I figured water signs were more equipped to partake in the juice. But then, is it wise for someone so emotional to make themselves so vulnerable to alcoholic influences?

What effects does alcohol have on certain signs? How do these people react when under the influence? Feel free to share your own experiences, I'm genuinely curious; as a drinker, as a former bartender, and now as someone keen to astrology, I'm interested.

Can alcohol serve as a betterment or a hindrance to certain signs manifesting?

And perhaps most importantly, what's your favorite drink? Mine would have to be a sweet Rob Roy (Scotch Manhatten), straight up with dirty rocks to the side, and two cherries.

Cheers! :wink:

I am extremely afraid of drinking and also can’t handle it. If there’s one person in the world that couldn’t metabolise alcohol and couldn’t actually feel better or relaxed after drinking or could become an alcoholic, it would be me. Not a chance. Ever. By a far margin. I can work for a scotch brewery in Scotland and not touch the stuff ever. That’s how uninterested I am. I have neptune in the 5th. Has many good aspects. Cusp of 5th is sag. I would have thought I’d be really into drinking. But I also read if one is born w serious predisposition to become an alco ( like me) the person May become extremely against it unconsciously. Could be my psychic intuitions or other chart related aspects or degrees that’s helping me here. Not sure. My moon is fused w Pluto on IC. I am typically very psychic and my intuitions are unlike anyone I know. I also hate losing control to anything. Be it people or substances. Never even touched drugs. Not even pot. Zero interest. I actually don’t understand why people do it. I’m very thick about it. Could be my very low water ? My chart is 7% water. But that moon/Pluto compensates all the water there’s and that’s not measured as a part of 4 elements.

bsab

Banned
What I'm saying is the condition of the 12th ruler shows how well your body deals with toxins by ridding it through the lymphatic system. And the condition of the 6th ruler shows how the intestines cope with toxins.

As for overindulging - my 2nd ruler (food intake) is Jupiter in sag conjunct moon 1st house. This is a sign of overindulging. But not of toxic foods or drinks. I indulge in lots of foods of all kinds so long as its low in chemicals. Eg: flour products hurt my tummy cos they're bleached. And I can't drink soft drinks cos of the chemicals. Needless to say the Jupiter squares the mars and Venus, showing the conflict between me loving to indulge but struggling to do so due to a sensitive and weak tummy and lymphatic system.

My brother on the other hand - lives off of toxins and high fat diet. He is a tallish skinny guy. He might be happy having one or two meals a day but it will be a heavy mean. In the evening he will drink two bottles of wine and get depressed that he can't feel anything at all. He can no longer get drunk. He just gets numb. As for his chart off the top of my head his 12th ruler is either Uranus in Scorpio or Saturn in Libra and his 6th ruler is sun in Taurus. His health is great. He can tolerate a lot.

omg speaking of overindulging...I LOVE GOOD food....and at times even junk food....I have Jupiter there ( and it's a virgo sign)....it's a curse in some ways...I have a food memory like no other...I know within days of traveling anywhere, which restaurants have what and what's really worth trying and I will crave them after returning and first thing I plan on doing when traveling involves FOOD...my husband has saturn in 2nd house and HATES that about me....he thinks I should become a food journalist...I do have a VERY good taste in food and finding yummy food and restaurants everywhere