the cause of my death, mercury in 8th

tee_jay66

This may seem silly, but its really bothering me at the moment and wonder whether I could have some input here.

I have mercury closest to 8th house cusp (in leo) and also sun, jupiter and venus in 8th. I have read that the 8th house can show us how we will die, and mercury being closest to my house cusp would be the indicator of my own death (apparently)

mercury would show either death caused by nervous system or respiratory problems. Here's the thing................I suffer extreme panic disorder as some of you know by my previous posts, and I also suffer asthma , which I must say is now very well controlled. How would somebody die from a nervous disorder....did anyone die from nerves???

I really dont want to die from either a panic attack or asthma attack and I really want a peaceful end to my days if at all possible..................can anyone shed any light on my concern here?

Vagabondgirl

I think there are many things related to the nervous system. Brain, connections, central nervous system etc. You need nerve signals to stay alive:)

The nerves control the entire body with other words! Lungs, heart, muscles, breathing. Most things have nervous connections.

But since you have mercury in the 8th house maybe you also think alot about the matter of death? Look for aspects to mercury and also signs perhaps it will be more helpful.

You shouldnt worry so much:) Better to think positive for better health!

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
tee Jay,
I'd be interested to help you look into this a bit. Are you willing to post up your chart? I could go through it with you.
I have a chart of a friend -birth time known exactly. Knew her for 30 years. I have the exact time of her death too.
She would be honoured in memory if I can perhaps share with you here what I observed from that chart in relation to death.
It's not easy to have many charts with both accurate birth and death times..very rare for me.I don't trust Internet data on well known people either.Sometimes Death time is right but Birth time is what I call *wreck-tified*.
Cheers
Lilly

lillyjgc

Gsoler,
Maybe I can test it out on my friend's chart. Thanks for the link.I'll get back to you.

I must say I haven't had much luck with the Arabic Parts but if Birth time is out it can change a lot..so even though I do use Arabic parts, I wouldn't swear by them...not yet anyway.
Lilly

kbell

I'd like to look at your chart if you'd post it. I don't think this is something that can be determined just by planets in the 8th.

Claire19

This may seem silly, but its really bothering me at the moment and wonder whether I could have some input here.

I have mercury closest to 8th house cusp (in leo) and also sun, jupiter and venus in 8th. I have read that the 8th house can show us how we will die, and mercury being closest to my house cusp would be the indicator of my own death (apparently)

mercury would show either death caused by nervous system or respiratory problems. Here's the thing................I suffer extreme panic disorder as some of you know by my previous posts, and I also suffer asthma , which I must say is now very well controlled. How would somebody die from a nervous disorder....did anyone die from nerves???

I really dont want to die from either a panic attack or asthma attack and I really want a peaceful end to my days if at all possible..................can anyone shed any light on my concern here?
No ethical astrologer will address the issues of death in a personal reading with a client. They may request it but it is unwise in my view and there are very few who can be accurate and maybe just as well. This is my personal creed and there are many who agree with this tenet.

Last edited:

Amy Vir Sn Ari Mn Pis Ris

I've heard you look at the 4th house for death.

I don't have my Dad's time of birth but he was born on an eclipse date
Aug 31. 1932. He had a college education from Texas A & M but he opted for working in construction to be outside where he loved it best.
That cost him, however, as a crane boom broke due to a weak link. He was under it and it killed him instantly April 17, 1970 at age 37 at about 10:30 am San Antonio, Texas (USA) time. He had reddish brown blonde hair and blue eyes so I thought either Aries or Leo rising BUT I also considered Cancer rising with Mars near his rising as I have. Tho my brother is Taurus rising and he was born with reddish blonde hair too but his didn't last long.

I agree most astrologers won't likely tell you a death time but perhaps medical astrology would tell you odds for how it would occur?

My 8th house is Libra (tropical) ruled by Venus with my Venus in Cancer in her joy in the 5th house. I have Saturn in the 8th house placidius or 9th whole house. I never knew if that meant I'd have a long life or if Saturn would sniff it out. But I also am Pisces rising with Jupiter in Virgo in her detriment. I have always been healthy with the exception of allergies which I can take a pill for. My 4th house is Gemini with Mercury exalted in Virgo in my 7th house using either Placidius or whole house charts.

This is a subject which has always fascinated me. I'm not morbid...but I am always curious. lol.

lillyjgc

No ethical astrologer will address the issues of death.

There are reputable astrologers who will. Some very famous ones too.As Tee Jay is enquiring as to potential causes, from an astrological perspective, there is no ethical issue involved.
Cheers
Lilly

kbell

I think medically it could be beneficial to see what issues have the potential toarise and maybe it can be avoided.

gaer

No ethical astrologer will address the issues of death.
The problem with making such strong and judgemental statements is that it implies that anyone interested in this subject is unethical. :(

I do agree that this is a sensitive subject and should be dealt with very carefully.

tee_jay66

hi
here's my chart as requested Lillyjgc,. Ive just realised that Koch shows Jupiter closest to cusp whereas Placidus or maybe Equal (I think) shows mercury closest........mmmmmm what to think Now?? could you take a look at placidus/equal because they are different....... but please don't tell me when you think I will die and by what means as I think that would be tooooo much information, as Im a panicker by nature, but as said, I would appreciate some light being shown on this placement and steps I can take to avoid any mishaps............p.s Is it set in stone what will happen to us under 8th house placements?:andy:, thanks
24fxkde.gif

Last edited:

astrop86

Though I don't know anything in regards to the topic, I would suggest using equal or whole house - simply because of your latitude. Placidius is better for those from the equator to mid-latitude. The UK is neither of those.

Natasha

The 8th is a powerful house that holds many many other matters one of the most potent being that concerning the taboo. The taboo normally related to our familial line (yes the 4th 8th and 12th all do carry messages about our familial line but in different ways)

I have always felt that the 4th house is more about endings (including passing of family members) and therefore may even possibly include our own physical ending for this particular incarnation (but this is one of the true mysteries I believe).

Issue of inheritance are also potent in the 8th as well. But as I said this taboo image seems to be one that those os us with 8th house planets will surely explore in some way.

Ahhh Jay you have FOUR planets in the 8th including your Sun plus one more planet on the cusp - you may resinate to what I am saying. By the way bankers scientists etc can be vocations with have images of 8th house suns.
8th house Mercury perhaps an inclination to law.

Last edited:

tee_jay66

Though I don't know anything in regards to the topic, I would suggest using equal or whole house - simply because of your latitude. Placidius is better for those from the equator to mid-latitude. The UK is neither of those.

Ive looked at the three main systems, and Koch is closest to my nature

lillyjgc

tee Jay
Firstly I want to say you have a chart that shows a long life. Having Jupiter exalted in cancer on your H8 cusp is said to greatly alleviate the conditions around death, however it too can hint at possible causes.
Your H8 is ruled by Cancer-the Moon and your Moon is very strong in Taurus, suggesting more of an *inheritance* type theme to your H8 cluster.
Body Parts ruled by Taurus : neck, throat, thyroid gland, larynx, chin, lower jaw, ears, tongue, vocal chords, jugular vein, tonsils
Ailments: anything to do with the throat or neck, sore throat, tension, excess weight, under-active thyroid gland

The spot where I believe you will one day, long into the future, experience problems is shown by the sun in Leo-very strong in Leo- but square 2 very important planets in your chart. H11's Neptune and h4's moon both form a T-square that apexes out through your H8 sun in Leo.
Body Parts ruled: upper back, spine, spleen, heart, aorta, circulation
heart problems, hardening of the arteries, high or low blood pressure, spinal and back problems, blood disorders

Illnesses in your life are ruled by Mercury as Mercury rules your sixth house.

Body Parts ruled by Mercury-ruler of h6: hands, fingers, arms, shoulders, upper ribs, lungs, bronchial tracts, trachea, thymus gland, nerves and nervous system
Illnesses: those relating to the mental faculty and those associated with the nerves, nervous strain, restlessness especially of the mind, chest and lung complaints, asthma, pleurisy, insomnia, amnesia

Jupiter rules your ascendant and Jupiter is strong in Cancer with no negative aspects involved with it. To me this suggests your well being is strong to start with.
Body Parts ruled: liver, hips, thighs, arterial system, pelvis, femur (thighbone)
Ailments: Jupiter rules the liver and any complaints of it. As Jupiter's main keyword is that of expansion, it governs swellings and things that grow such as tumours and other growths, either malignant or benign. It is also associated with being overweight and over-indulgence in food, alcohol and drugs.
http://www.aquamoonlight.co.uk/signs-medical.html

Your sun is also in an intercepted house suggesting obstacles you must get through in regard to a health matter that affects your heart/blood vessels etc. Cholesterol levels may need to be watched.
With Mars so prominent in h7 (in Fall-so weakened),surgery would not be out of the question at some time-proximity to jupiter suggests *hip replacement*.
Medicines provided to you by Drs may adversely affect your health as Neptune afflicts the sun from h11 (the medicine a dr prescribes, and Nept is opposite the moon, suggesting you may react badly to medications).

Your house of the grave is H4 ruled by Venus which is in cancer in h8 -said to be a placement that ensures being cared for well at the time of death-Your Venus is very well aspected.
So my take is that you may have heart troubles at the end of life and even the medication could play a role in your demise.
Are there heart problems in the family?
Cheers
Lilly