Do transits to progressed placement apply...Really??

Renee35

Two examples of what I'm dealing with but at the same time I'm thinking progressed planets have no affect on predictions of the future... But, I am more a follower of traditional/mundane astrology.

Thoughts on these two:
Jupiter conjunction prog. Descendant
and
Saturn conjunction prog. Mercury

Lin

No....but other placements and considerations and method of interpretation could make it LOOK like there's a connection.

There should be plenty of information from delineating transits, solar returns and progressed Moon and Sun. But esp. transits.
LIN

HYS

Depends on the astrological school you lean towards. I agree with those that say transits to progressed placements apply. You should not expect too much from fast transits, but the slow ones definitely have influence.

Lin

Well, there you go....two opposite opinions. Which is why your OWN research is necessary to find the answer to this and other important questions. And not only on your own chart, but in the charts of others whose lives you follow.
LIN

HYS

I agree with Lin: test it your self. There is a lot of theory that says it does not work and can not work, but my experience is that it works. Of course the information gained from transit to progression can be obtained through other methods as well. However, for anybody who masters transits continuing with transits to pregressions is easier than learning for example revolutions ...

Shanti

Check transits to progressed sun. For example transit saturn conjunct progressed sun. It have an effect.

Transits to progressed planets work imo. Problem is information overload. But limiting it to the major players
might be good strategy.

Frisiangal

Two examples of what I'm dealing with but at the same time I'm thinking progressed planets have no affect on predictions of the future... But, I am more a follower of traditional/mundane astrology.

Thoughts on these two:
Jupiter conjunction prog. Descendant
and
Saturn conjunction prog. Mercury

Hi,
If you are still reading, transits and progressions are an integral part of astrological interpretation. How can one work with one and discard the other? It doesn't make sense.

Transits are the urge triggers influencing some kind of change, usually through an event. With progressions these events are not only concerned with the specific period in question but introduce circumstances that bring about the life-changing effect for the future. It will depend upon in which house secondary progr. Descendant is in as to how Jupiter in Scorpio's transit to it will affect the circumstances of that house. Tr. Jupiter will be opposing sec. progr. Ascendant (constitution)in its house, which shouid also be taken into account, meaning involving the individual personally.

Sec. progr. Mercury in Capricorn provides the ability to think rationally, and pragmatically realistic about what is physically occuring. There could be a sharpened concentration evident. The transit of Saturn to it may well present events that are confronting yet which the individual cannot disregard and should accept in order to avoid (chronic) depressive (mental) pessimism taking over.
This attitude may well have to do with what is occuring from tr. Jupiter to prog. Desc-Asc. axis.
Both Jupiter and Saturn are concerned with social structures.
All natal houses ruled by the planets in question will be associated with that which is occuring.

Renee35

Hi,
If you are still reading, transits and progressions are an integral part of astrological interpretation. How can one work with one and discard the other? It doesn't make sense.

Transits are the urge triggers influencing some kind of change, usually through an event. With progressions these events are not only concerned with the specific period in question but introduce circumstances that bring about the life-changing effect for the future. It will depend upon in which house secondary progr. Descendant is in as to how Jupiter in Scorpio's transit to it will affect the circumstances of that house. Tr. Jupiter will be opposing sec. progr. Ascendant (constitution)in its house, which shouid also be taken into account, meaning involving the individual personally.

Sec. progr. Mercury in Capricorn provides the ability to think rationally, and pragmatically realistic about what is physically occuring. There could be a sharpened concentration evident. The transit of Saturn to it may well present events that are confronting yet which the individual cannot disregard and should accept in order to avoid (chronic) depressive (mental) pessimism taking over.
This attitude may well have to do with what is occuring from tr. Jupiter to prog. Desc-Asc. axis.
Both Jupiter and Saturn are concerned with social structures.
All natal houses ruled by the planets in question will be associated with that which is occuring.
Interesting, thank you for the insight. Those houses would be 12 and 11, totally fits - crazy exes, I've been passive with - i.e. allowed to continue to harass/stalk me and now litigate w/me due to my own charitable nature (12th house) and want for peace. Fudge. Now I'm up a creek of absurdity. But, I'm thinking Saturn sextile my Pluto promises my eventual success at keeping them at bay...While Mars squares my Mars and 1/2 my natal's will be ******* up thanks to the sign of Gem and all it's upcoming placements that stick me in major opposition and squares.

Really appreciate the replies, my thoughts were prog don't apply to the future because they manifest once the time is actually upon you, year(S) ahead. But, I didn't know - hence, the question. Got a Liz Greene report - if she's right things are terrible more so in the future.
But, Mr. Hand claims that's just "saturn conjunct neptune" - which I always thought would be a good thing, since I make my living reading tarot cards.

Oi.

Thank you.