New to Astrology

starlites

Can somebody please tell me what software I need to get to cast a chart, ie. for Horary, I've looked as Astro.com but don't understand how to draw up a current chart. Thanks

pwadm

Staff member
Enter the chart data manually just as you would do for a person.
Select Regiomontanus for the house system, Liz Green for the chart style, select Pars Fortuna to be displayed on the chart.
The resulting chart shows applying and separating aspects, but unfortunately doesn't have the option of showing essential dignities, antiscia or other horary consideration.
Nonetheless, I think Astro.com is a good site for generating your horary charts. The best option would be to buy your own astrological software and I'd recommend you Janus (www.astrology-house.com) it's $149, but a great piece of software, excellent graphics, lots of accurate calculations. It's used by horary masters like John Frawley, Sue Ward or Robert Zoller.

Radu

starlites

Radu

Thank you, that is so helpful. This is such a great forum, I can see I will be spending a lot of time on here! Although there is such a lot of information I don't know where to start, so will just read as much as I can.