Chart Interpretation - Oh ow, they said my chart is wierd

Dark_Uranian

Me and my friends did chart drawing in Astrodienst. But how come my chart is very different from them? They said I have weird chart.:confused:

Can someone explain what is happening in my chart?

astro_2gw_60_natasha_merilyn_hudson.70506.5488.gif

Charm

You can't call someone's chart weird. We are all individuals. I will attempt to point out some things I see. You have chiron in house 1, which can indicate a wounded sense or self or image. Since it is in gemini, it could mean one talks a lot or very little. Maybe shy? Mars conjunct sun in house 3 is a person who is aggressive in communications, argumentative. Mercury is in gemini, so you are definitely quick witted and have a desire to keep your mind busy and stimulated. Sun trine moon, you are at home with expressing yourself emotionally. You have moon in pisces and sun in cancer. Very intuitive person. also you have venus trine neptune with the moon in pisces. So you need to watch out for drug abuse or alcohol abuse and escaping through these mediums. Saturn conjunct Pluto trining Mercury in house 2 gives a desire to succeed in career and putting great mental energy into acquiring money. Hardworking. Also watch out for health problems with this placement in house 6. Venus in house 4 in leo means that you have a natural love of children, romance. In house 4, love of luxurious surroundings, fine things at home. Lots of entertaining in the home. Jupiter trine moon gives a generous nature and cheerful disposition. You seek a stable partner. Also with Jupiter in house 7 you are attracted to foreigners in romance. You also are good at business partnerships and may gain in social standing/wealth by your marriage/partnership. Uranus in house 8 can indicate unconventional sexual practices and need for sexual freedom. Career and pursuit of it is very important to you. Moon in house 11 loves to be with friends, groups organizations.

Can someone explain what is happening in my chart?

astro_2gw_60_natasha_merilyn_hudson.70506.5488.gif
[/quote]

Arian Maverick

I don't think your chart is necessarily "weird"; at first, I thought you may have been born in an extreme north or south latitude that would have resulted in uneven house sizes, but this is not the case in your chart at all.

No two natal charts are alike--unless, of course, in the hypothetical situation in which two children were born at the exact same moment in the exact same hospital, which is unlikely even in the case of twins, who are often born at least two minutes apart.

First things first: you have a collection of planets straddling the Gemini/Cancer cusp and the second/third house, with your North Node conjunct Mercury conjunct the third house cusp--this is a very strong, very clear influence since the ruler of your North Node is conjunct the North Node, and Gemini is associated with the third house--and Cancer forms an out-of-sign conjunction with both your North Node and Mercury. Mars is the "bridge" that connects your Cancer Sun with your Mercury/North Node conjunction; what I mean by this statement is that your Sun is too far away from these planets to be considered to be conjunct them, yet the Sun is conjunct Mars and Mars is conjunct Mercury/North Node, so you've got a collection of energy at your disposal here. However, since the planets are not all in the same sign, the connection between them may not be as strong as if all of the planets were in the same sign. The connection is still there, though.

Next, you've got a somewhat "showy" Venus in Leo in the fourth house, loosely conjunct the fifth house cusp which is the house of Venus' joy. You've got some really nice, harmonious aspects between this planet and the Gemini/Cancer planets, as well as your Saturn-Pluto conjunction in Libra conjunct your Descendant. These Gemini/Cancer planets, in turn, trine your Pisces Moon.

The main difficulties I can see in your natal chart are the Pluto/Saturn conjunction in Libra conjunct the Descendant, the Pisces Moon square Jupiter/Uranus conjunction, and Neptune tightly opposed your natal Mercury; Neptune makes an out-of-sign opposition to your natal Mars, as well, which is conjunct Mercury. This really isn't a bad deal because every chart needs some difficult influences to kick it into gear, so to speak; trines and sextiles are wonderful, but it is often the energy of oppositions and squares that really helps an individual achieve and use the natural gifts and talents bestowed upon them by the more harmonious aspects.

Mercury, Saturn, and Jupiter are very strong in your natal chart since these planets are located in signs that they either rule (Mercury in Gemini and and Jupiter in Sagittarius) or are exalted in (Saturn in Libra). I imagine that this is a particularly interesting combination, since Jupiter and Mercury are naturally opposed to each other, yet they can compliment each other, as well.

Another thing of note is the number of retrograde planets in your natal chart.

Arian Maverick

Junke

They probably thought your chart was odd because of your intercepted and repeated houses. A lot of charts do not have intercepted houses, so it might've been new to them.

Dark_Uranian

Arian, do you mean that any aspect to Mercury, Saturn and Jupiter can give strong effect on me, especially in love matter? I found out that I always attract Gemini person in my life ( Sun or Venus in Gemini ). So far there were 4 of them. I dont know why, but I keep attracting Gemini person or anyone who has Gemini trait in their chart.

The most challenging aspect in my chart that I really interested is Moon square Uranus. I was told that this aspect is very difficult for a female. Is that true?

Oh, talk about retrogrades planet in my chart, I have 5 of them. Do they have strong effect on me since they can be considered outer planets?

Junke, could you please explain what is intercepted houses? When I compare my chart with friend's charts, they have different pattern which is similar to most of them ( the pattern they have were on the left/right side). But mine is totally different ( scattered here and there, not in one place ). Do I have any Grand Cross, Grand trine or anything like that in my chart?

Hi Charm! Sometimes I feel the conjunction between mars and sun make my words quite 'sharp' to others. Eventhough I don't really mean it, Im just being frank and straightforward. That's why I prefer to be silent all the time. I afraid if my words will hurt other ppl. But I admit I was very talkative when I was kid. But now when Im getting older, people always mistaken me as quiet person.

Catatonia

Naw, you have a pretty cool chart. Make sure to take the temper easier and don't wrap anyone up in ego issues. You're fine.

Dark_Uranian

Hi Catatonia! Are you sure I have pretty cool chart??

Or you're juz saying that because you wanna make me feel fine?

LOL. Juz jokin! :D :p

Thanx for the comment anyway. Cheers to u!
:cheers:

Arian Maverick

The most challenging aspect in my chart that I really interested is Moon square Uranus. I was told that this aspect is very difficult for a female. Is that true?

My goodness, I can't believe I didn't notice this aspect in your natal chart; my natal Moon and Uranus are both conjunct major angles in my natal chart, and this is one of my tightest aspects!

I have not heard that this particular aspect was more challenging for a female, but I am female and I personally consider it to be a challenging influence; with the Moon conjunct my Ascendant, my emotions tend to be on the surface to begin with, and the Moon square Uranus so tightly only makes my emotions more unpredictable. Of course, this is stereotypical of a female, but I'm not so crazy that I'm literally crying one minute and laughing the next; I don't think I ever went through this stage, thank goodness!

Your natal Moon and Uranus are located in different signs and houses than mine, but I'm curious how this aspect manifests for you. I imagine that a Pisces Moon only enhances your sensitivity, and perhaps its location in the eleventh house could indicate that you freely express your emotions to your friends or that you become particularly emotional thinking about your hopes and dreams.

I'm not quite sure how to interpret your Jupiter/Uranus conjunction in Sagittarius on the eighth house cusp, but interestingly, Uranus is the modern ruler of your eleventh house cusp--the house the Moon is located in--using the Placidus house system. Therefore, I believe a definite connection exists between them.

Junke, could you please explain what is intercepted houses?

I know you addressed these questions to Junke, but leave it to an Arian to butt in when she's not asked too! :rolleyes:

Intercepted houses refer to a particular pair of signs--in the case of your natal chart using the Placidus house system, Aries/Libra--not ruling a pair of house cusps.

Whenever a pair of signs is intercepted in a natal chart, another pair of signs is repeated. In your chart, these signs are Cancer/Capricorn, which rule the 3rd/9th house cusps as well as the 4th/10th house cusps. This is a very close thing, though, because Cancer/Capricorn is just on the 3rd/9th house cusps barely past the zero degree, and it is possible that if your time of birth is off by a few minutes, a different pair of signs could be repeated. This could also change if you use a different house system.

When I compare my chart with friend's charts, they have different pattern which is similar to most of them ( the pattern they have were on the left/right side). But mine is totally different ( scattered here and there, not in one place ).

If you were born within a few months or so of your friends, it is possible that the main difference between your charts is the time of day during which each of you was born; the time, date, and location of birth determines the Ascendant and Midheaven signs, which determine the location of the various other signs in the zodiac because the chart can begin with any of these twelve signs on the Ascendant.

For example, if you were born with a late Gemini or early Cancer Ascendant, most of your natal planets would probably be on the bottom of your chart in the first through sixth houses (below the thick horizontal line); on the other hand, if you were born with a late Sagittarius or early Capricorn Ascendant, most of your natal planets would probably be on the top of your chart in the seventh through twelfth houses (above the thick horizontal line).

If you were born a few hours earlier and had a late Pisces/early Aries Ascendant, most of your planets may have been on the right hand side of the chart; if you had been born much later with a late Virgo/Libra Ascendant, I believe most of your planets would have been on the left side of your chart.

These are just estimates; I haven't actually fiddled around with your natal chart to see if these statements are true, and it is possible that the degree of the Midheaven doesn't even move at the same distance/speed of the Ascendant.

Do I have any Grand Cross, Grand trine or anything like that in my chart?

Upon first examination, I didn't see anything, but that doesn't mean nothing is there. If you include aspects to your major angles as well as from Chiron and the North and South Node, it's possible that you may have something, but again, with the chart you posted, it doesn't appear that you do.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, though; I don't think you'd want a Grand Cross! ;)

EDIT: Ignore what I just said; I just realized that you have a Cradle configuration. In case you're wondering what this is, it looks like trapezoid if I remember my geometry correctly. These are the planets that compose this configuration:

Mercury in Gemini trine Saturn/Pluto conjunction in Libra and sextile Venus in Leo
Venus in Leo trine Neptune in Sagittarius and sextile Saturn/Pluto conjunction in Libra
Saturn/Pluto conjunction in Libra sextile Neptune in Sagittarius
Neptune in Sagittarius opposite Mercury in Gemini

I don't know if you'd include this configuration separately since two of them combined make a trapezoid, but you've technically also got something called a wedge in your natal chart, which looks like a right triangle.

The first includes:

Mercury in Gemini trine Saturn/Pluto conjunction in Libra
Saturn/Pluto conjunction in Libra sextile Neptune in Sagittarius

And the second includes:

Mercury in Gemini sextile Venus in Leo
Venus in Leo trine Neptune in Sagittarius

As you can see, both of these wedges include that all-important Mercury-Neptune opposition.

I know I didn't get to address all of your questions--including ironically, some to me--but I've got to study for an exam, unfortunately :(

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Catatonia

yeah, the moon sq uranus and mercury opposite neptune are probably your biggest concerns...aside from the temper+ego thing

It could be SO much worse..seriously..everyone has obstacles in their chart

Charm

The astrodienst chart has expired. You may want to save the chart to your pictures as a jpeg and then repost it as an attachment in images. Funny about the fact that you said in your younger years you were really chatty then went really quiet. Chiron in gemini!!!! How accurate.

Dark_Uranian

Sorry guys for that expired chart problem. Ive juz upload the new one as attachment.

Ok, chiron in gemini. I remember I always get scolded from my teacher asking me to keep silent. Coz I always talk, talk, talk with my friends in the class. That that I was around 6-15 year old, I guess.

I dunno why, but Ive alwa
ys want different / weird aspect configuration in my chart. I dun mind if it's good or bad. Sounds silly, I know. We never can change it.

Oh, the Moon square Uranus aspect. Now I know why some ppl called me mad girl.
:38: Or crazy! LOL!

About the trapezium and many shape in my chart. Sometimes I like to compare my chart with my friend's and see if there's any shape that has its specific meaning. Example, like the triangle thing (sorry, I dunno wat it's called)

Arian, gud luck for ur exam!

I also have lab exam dis afternoon. Wish me luck :)

Thanx for comments guys!
:cheers:

Attachments

• mine.gif
    mine.gif
    28.6 KB · Views: 66
Last edited: