Will he move from SF to LA?

dr. farr

Niplan's doodad theory makes more sense than a lot of the over-complicated stuff in many of the authoritative horary textbooks!

Time of horaries: this is a very difficult issue, and the various rules regarding time value I consider not very reliable when compared with actual outcomes (same problem with time in other forms of divination such as Tarot) However, the statement that horaries are only good for 3 months is a sweeping generalization and in my opinion, is not valid-horaries may be good for longer periods than 3 months, and also for much shorter periods as well.

Niplan

Banned
its easier if you ask within a certin time period.

IE;

"Will i find a pet monkey, within 3 months."

set a time frame for the chart to expire when you ask the question

"will he move from alaska to antartica before the end of the year?"

KatyaVelikaya

Dr Farr and Niplan,

Thanks. That sheds more light on the question. Is it too much to re-ask this question with a new chart, and specify the timeframe? If it would still give a decent answer I will do that. My question would be "before the end of this year, 2010, will he move to LA?" But if recasting will give an inaccurate answer, I will skip it...

dr. farr

If in doubt, ask the Cosmos: ie, "May I legitimately ask a question about him moving before the end of the year?" Now, use the Magic 8 Ball technique* to get the answer: and the house of the "may I ask" chart for the yes or no answer, is the ascendant. If yes, then go ahead and ask your timing question; if no, forget about asking and go with the information already obtained in the previous horary chart.

*Magic 8 Ball Technique: explained under a thread of the same name found in the Horary Technique section.

Last edited:

KatyaVelikaya

Hi Dr. Farr and Niplan,

I had looked into the info on the 8 ball technique but I dont understand how to read / interpret it.

And, I wanted to post to add a brief update. This man has now mentioned to me recently that there is "no rush" to move to LA. And to someone else he said that he may "wait until after January". This is bc several short term career opportunities have fallen into his lap this summer and one project that will take place in Nov-Dec-Jan that he wants to stay here for.

So IF the move ot LA happens it is looking like it wont be until February. And i'm guessing maybe not at all. And knowing him this can all change in the blink of an eye but that is *his* latest thinking on this. I just wanted to update it to reflect the initial question.

Niplan

Banned
Hi Dr. Farr and Niplan,

I had looked into the info on the 8 ball technique but I dont understand how to read / interpret it.

And, I wanted to post to add a brief update. This man has now mentioned to me recently that there is "no rush" to move to LA. And to someone else he said that he may "wait until after January". This is bc several short term career opportunities have fallen into his lap this summer and one project that will take place in Nov-Dec-Jan that he wants to stay here for.

So IF the move ot LA happens it is looking like it wont be until February. And i'm guessing maybe not at all. And knowing him this can all change in the blink of an eye but that is *his* latest thinking on this. I just wanted to update it to reflect the initial question.

Ive never heard of an "8ball technique" When you ask the question, is when you were fated to ask it, there is no "good" or "bad" time for a horary, because you ask exactly when the cosmos has the planets lined up for your answer.

thanks for the update.

dr. farr

Basically the (in my mind experimental) Walis technique (which I have called the "Magic 8 Ball", rather a term of deirision, as I have explained in my posting regarding this horary technique):
-selects one and only one house as significator of the question: this correct selection of significator house is (apparently) the key to any "successful" use of this method
-the ruler of the sign of the significator house gives the either yes or no (or maybe) "answer" to the question; if sun, jupiter, venus, mercury is ruler of significator sign, the answer is "yes"; if moon, answer is "maybe/undecided"; if mars, saturn, OR if the south node (dragon's tail) is posited in the significator sign (regardless of that sign's planetary ruler) the answer is "no".

As explained in my original Magic 8 Ball posting, I learned about this old Arabic horary technique many years ago, but never experimented or tested it out, because, it just seems to me to be too simplistic to work on a consistent or reliable basis. However, I have been experimenting with it here on AW for the past couple of months, particularly checking it on posted known-result horary charts . I am so far shocked by the results-they are 100% accurate on the half-dozen or so known-result horaries I have examined.
I am still quite unconvinced about the 8 Ball-I continue to believe its just too simple to work. I believe the 100% accurate results so far, merely represents a run of luck for the method (ie, coincidence)-thus I continue to test it as an experiment.
As I mentioned in my original post on this method (its in the Horary Technique section), I am NOT advocating or advising this old-time Arabian technique (the Walis were an arabic group, at one time widely known and highly regarded in the Islamic world of the Middle East for their divinatory prowess) but am merely experimenting with it.

Last edited: