Will Trump become the first US Dictator?

david starling

After he serves his second term, sure. But even if he were to, hypothetically, lose the second election, I'm sure he'd relinquish it peacefully. Dems are just projecting because they don't know how to behave peacefully themselves. They still can't get over the fact that he won and orchestrated a BS "strategic" impeachment against Trump, which has backfired big time but they still can't let it go.

But hey, Trump will forever be impeached and that's all that matters right? Matters more than fixing problems in the US of A. That's the only thread they dearly hold onto for life cause they have nothing else and they know it, otherwise they wouldn't overemphasise such an unimportant point.

Lalalala can't hear you, Trump's forever impeached lalalalaaa!

And they call Trump petty and an overgrown child.

As the saying goes: Why focus on a speck in your brother's eye when you have a log in your own?

His policies regarding the Environment and the Social Safety-net are the main reason why I'm against his Presidency. Hope you're right about his leaving Office peacefully.

ANY President could have had a successful economy, and Obama gets the credit for guiding it back on track after the 2008 meltdown.

His cult-like following disturbs me, along with his immature shock-jock, divisive, derisive style. We need a uniter, not a divider.

david starling

"Obama gets the credit"
Interesting, have you seen the video of Obama saying it wasn't possibile?

He did it though. I looked at the major indicators, and they were all on the rebound before Trump took office. The massive tax cut for Wall Street and the Corporations was bipartisan, and wasn't necesssary--slower, more gradual improvement would have continued, and wouldn't have wreaked havoc on the National Debt.

david starling

The economy jumped when Trump was elected because Trump was elected. Fresh wave of freedom and growth took over.

No, it was already starting to jump. He just took credit for it even though he didn't make it happen. I get that you really, really like him though. :love::tongue: He has that effect on some, and the opposite effect on others. :sideways::sick:.

david starling

I actually see this Presidency as a manifestation of Pluto in Capricorn, combined with a domicled Saturn. It had to happen, and it will end. That's the greatest lesson astrology teaches--"This too, shall pass."

Dirius

This part is true. When Obama left office and Trump took office, I do remember that the economy just started to tick back on the right path and it was just Trump's luck. Pelosi may be ridiculous but she was right about that point and I don't like that this isn't acknowledged by the republican media side (ie. Fox news). If Obama had been a republican and was replaced by a democrat they would have acknowledged this uptick under the republican president's watch but they don't because he was a democrat and this point is even being buried. Credit should be given where credit's due.

Yes and the credit goes to Trump, and him alone.

What Obama enjoyed in his second term was a partial recovery from a cyclical rebound effect, which happens after any recession in most economies. This is because the average activity becomes so low at the height of the recession, that at some point the only way for the economy to go is up. It is part of what is commonly reffered to as the "boom and bust cycle".

In comparison, the reason Trump is attributed with credit for the economy, is because under his presidency some growth aspects of the economy have reached historical numbers of development never seen before. Such as very low unemployment rates, very high financial returns, etc. This can be genuinely attributed to his economic policies.

The reason the economy is currently doing well in the U.S. is because of Trump.

Last edited:

AppLeo

I think it's hilarious that people even attribute economic health to a president

As if one single person is responsible for 360 million plus people and their economic interactions, and the fact that people want to make this single person responsible for the economy and give them credit for the economy is very very frightening.

The economy is not that great, and it never will be because we don't have the freedom that we originally had. The economy will continue to be sluggish and the only reason it still stands is because America is the capital of the business world; Americans work long and productive hours. The people make the economy work with their responsible and productive decisions, not some asshat in gov passing laws to make this or that happen.

Dirius

I think it's hilarious that people even attribute economic health to a president

As if one single person is responsible for 360 million plus people and their economic interactions, and the fact that people want to make this single person responsible for the economy and give them credit for the economy is very very frightening.

The economy is not that great, and it never will be because we don't have the freedom that we originally had. The economy will continue to be sluggish and the only reason it still stands is because America is the capital of the business world; Americans work long and productive hours. The people make the economy work with their responsible and productive decisions, not some asshat in gov passing laws to make this or that happen.

I suppose because most presidents get government in the way of its citizens freely excercising commerce. In some way, the achievement can be seen as removing government's grasp from the economy, something which doesn't happen that often.

AppLeo

I suppose because most presidents get government in the way of its citizens freely excercising commerce. In some way, the achievement can be seen as removing government's grasp from the economy, something which doesn't happen that often.

Trump has not liberated the economy.. his tariffs for example are forking stuff up
Total rich mans corporatist move. Nothing there that supported the middle class or small businesses

Dirius

Trump has not liberated the economy.. his tariffs for example are forking stuff up
Total rich mans corporatist move. Nothing there that supported the middle class or small businesses

I agree the trade war is not an ideal measure, but you are not dealing with "free" economies to begin either - and many of these countries had tariffs on american products way before Trump came to be president. The trade war forces them to the bargaining table, so he can negotiate better deals.

In any case, he has removed many of the tariffs he originally imposed on a number of countries, showing that his goal isn't to restrict trade, but rather make it easier and more accesible. As time passes, its evident he intents to establish economic deals which are favourable for american industries.

In regards to China, its more of a military decision in my opinion, to curve China's growing influence in the world.

david starling

Yes and the credit goes to Trump, and him alone.

What Obama enjoyed in his second term was a partial recovery from a cyclical rebound effect, which happens after any recession in most economies. This is because the average activity becomes so low at the height of the recession, that at some point the only way for the economy to go is up. It is part of what is commonly reffered to as the "boom and bust cycle".

In comparison, the reason Trump is attributed with credit for the economy, is because under his presidency some growth aspects of the economy have reached historical numbers of development never seen before. Such as very low unemployment rates, very high financial returns, etc. This can be genuinely attributed to his economic policies.

The reason the economy is currently doing well in the U.S. is because of Trump.

So, Dirius, given this mistaken belief of yours, and other Trump-lovers, would you say it would be a good thing if Trump declares himself "President for life", and suspends the Constitution? He's got a rubber-stamp Senate and Supreme Court, and if the military supports him, he might be able to pull it off.

ElenaJ

Everything he has stood for, have indicated he is contrary to this.
So, you assume that if someone is in agreement with his policies, then automatically they would approve suspension of the constitution and a military revolution? Is this a loaded question or what?

PS. Trump at this point in his presidency has a higher approval rating than Obama did at the same point in his.
Lots of people wanting to suspend the constitution!! (joke)

david starling

Everything he has stood for, have indicated he is contrary to this.
So, you assume that if someone is in agreement with his policies, then automatically they would approve suspension of the constitution and a military revolution? Is this a loaded question or what?

PS. Trump at this point in his presidency has a higher approval rating than Obama did at the same point in his.
Lots of people wanting to suspend the constitution!! (joke)

He expressed admiration for China's President, Xi Jinping, declaring himself President for life, and has proposed repealing the 2-term limitation in the U.S. as well. He also brags that he has the support of the military and the police.

How does his approval rating factor in?
It's a fair question, and I really hope that the answer is "no".

leomoon

He expressed admiration for China's President, Xi Jinping, declaring himself President for life, and has proposed repealing the 2-term limitation in the U.S. as well. He also brags that he has the support of the military and the police.

How does his approval rating factor in?
It's a fair question, and I really hope that the answer is "no".

Good Lord, I hope it's a resounding "NO". :surprised:

Dirius

So, Dirius, given this mistaken belief of yours, and other Trump-lovers, would you say it would be a good thing if Trump declares himself "President for life", and suspends the Constitution? He's got a rubber-stamp Senate and Supreme Court, and if the military supports him, he might be able to pull it off.

Thats just how real economics work david. Numbers don't lie.

And he'll probably have a rubber-stamp congress too when he wins in 2020.