What is the dividing line between an horary and an election?

Marcoilrosso

Well, this is what I want to know. What is the dividing line between an horary and an election? If I know that in erecting an horary chart in a specific moment of time, I would get better aspects and positions, would it still be called an horary? Would it still be valid?
If for example, I decided to make the final form of thoughts near an hour where positions are better in the chart.
I hope I have made it clear the concept.

IleneK

Premium Member
Well, this is what I want to know. What is the dividing line between an horary and an election? If I know that in erecting an horary chart in a specific moment of time, I would get better aspects and positions, would it still be called an horary? Would it still be valid?
If for example, I decided to make the final form of thoughts near an hour where positions are better in the chart.

For a horary chart to capture the essense of a compelling, pressing and most important matter, it must be erected for the time that the question arises in you. That is, the moment that the question becomes known is the moment of the chart. It cannot be dictated by looking at an ephemeris for a favorable time. You may refine and clarify the question in your mind later, but the time the original question arose is the time of the chart; you do not erect the chart later.

Election on the other hand is seeking a favorable time to engage in something. So you are looking at the ephemeris to help you select the most beneficial time to undertake the matter.

What horary and election have in common is that they both reflect the essense of a matter at a point in time. All charts of any kind do that. But horary is a divination method; election is not.

IleneK

Premium Member

For a horary chart to capture the essense of a compelling, pressing and most important matter, it must be erected for the time that the question arises in you. That is, the moment that the question becomes known is the moment of the chart. It cannot be dictated by looking at an ephemeris for a favorable time. You may refine and clarify the question in your mind later, but the time the original question arose is the time of the chart; you do not erect the chart later.

Election on the other hand is seeking a favorable time to engage in something. So you are looking at the ephemeris to help you select the most beneficial time to undertake the matter.

What horary and election have in common is that they both reflect the essense of a matter at a point in time. All charts of any kind do that. But horary is a divination method; election is not.

Marcoilrosso

I am mistaken.
In better controlling the chart on the astro.com, I have noticed it was erected for the wrong place.
I was in that city the last week, and I thought I had modified the reference place.
What should I do now?
I should use the same time, but correct the datas with the right place? Am I right?

Last edited: