Is there hope for this long-distance relationship to grow?

shinrie

Given the chart below, do you think that this long-distance relationship has a chance to progress? My friend is kinda confused about where this relationship is heading. She cast the chart herself and is quite optimistic but I have much doubt about this relationship.
She's Mercury in the 6th house, sextile Uranus. Her partner is Jupiter in Capricorn in the 5th house. Both Mercury and Jupiter are in their fall, unfortunately. Plus, there's no aspect between Mercury and Jupiter. Jupiter's in conjunction with Mars and Pluto, and given its fall, I think her partner is going through a tough time (forced transformation/forced change maybe).
Moon's not comfortable in Capricorn either, but Moon's trine Venus in Taurus.
All in all, I do not see much hope in this relationship as they seem to go deal with their separate matters and not work in this relationship.
What do you think?

https://ibb.co/dJHYFKv

ElenaJ

You may be right. There is no relationship between the significators or the lights.
She on the 7th cusp shows she cares for him, but it doesn't seem to be returned.
Moon translates light from mercury to Venus.
Venus is in and rules the 9th of foreign places, so as long as they are at a distance, it can work out.
Uranus on the 9th cusp rules the 6th house, and Uranus is exactly in the degree of the nodes. Some kind of fate will intervene, perhaps an unexpected change of job.
Note also the south node on the cusp of the 5th.

shinrie

I agree with you. I also see lots of planets in the 5th house, notable Saturn. Does this mean there's any responsibility associated with kids or other chores that hinder the development of their relationship?