Sun square Saturn - what are your views?

Snakechammah

Sun square Saturn Synastry - what are your views?

So... I have this neverending drama with a particular guy.

My Sun squares his Saturn (exact).

Our connection is a little painful but we keep finding ourselves coming back together. Is it because of this aspect?

I've read that Linda Goodman thinks it's an unbreakable bond and good for marriage/etc. One hand, it's also a lot of oppression and restriction.

Does anyone have a tight Sun square Saturn synastry with your other half? How is that playing out?

On a side note, we also have my Sun square his Pluto (exact as well!) so these two aspects are taking a HUGE toll on my Sun. I used to be confident and bubbly... until I met him... and he puts a damper on my smile. Yet, I am so addicted to him.

I've read that such aspects are quite powerful and especially ours are exact so it must mean something - some kind of painful lesson for me :crying:

I'd love to hear your views!

Last edited:

katydid

Yes he does, he has Saturn conjunct Pluto natally. What does this mean?

I was hoping he had Saturn conjunct, rather than opposed Pluto. It would be more difficult/problematic for your Moon to be the trigger of an opposition than it is for it to be squared from one place in the chart, in my experience.

Saturn/Pluto oppositions tend to more easily blame others for their frustrations than those with the conjunction, who may tend to internalize/repress the feelings.

Also, Saturn opposing Pluto and making a T-square to your Moon might imply the moon person being a victim of cruelty and even physical violence. The Saturn/Pluto conjunction squaring can still bring forth anger, negativity. But it is often more of a 'withholding' type. Like cutting one off, ceasing communication, distancing oneself emotionally, etc.

Here is a very good excerpt about Saturn/Pluto conjunct: [read the whole thing---but here is a slice]

You will be a private person, serious and secretive in nature, not openly revealing your thoughts and particularly your emotions, which you may try to avoid and keep tightly sealed away in a 'locked drawer'. Emotions imply fluctuation and change to you; and this does not fit easily with your world view and perception of self, making you feel uncomfortable. A more healthy approach to emotions should be encouraged, as it would prevent any energy repression on the emotional level, or else you may find that Pluto takes that route to make its presence felt. In intimate relationships, you will be a firm, reliable partner, and you will prefer a traditional approach to marriage and mutual commitment, so you should choose wisely. You will not be overly demonstrative of emotional (on the surface), but you should avoid any tendency to fix the relationship in limiting and binding ties, and instead allow it space to change and evolve. Remember that your partner is a unique individual with a potential to unfold, so allow the necessary freedom for him or her to do so, and encourage the process too. Security in a 'straightjacket' situation is a false situation, and inimical to growth and development, so despite your tendency in that direction, it is wiser to accept change and unpredictability so that energies can flow healthily.

http://astromatrix.org/Horoscopes/Planet-Aspects/Saturn-Conjunct-Pluto#/

Last edited:

Snakechammah

Thank you Katy!

His Saturn and Pluto are affecting my Sun, not Moon though.

But yes, he is exactly how you have written - very secretive with his emotions, withdrawing, fickle-minded, distancing himself, etc. Then he comes back with a bang! That's a really descriptive passage of him. Worse still, his Venus is in Cancer, and the whole 'withdrawal woe-is-me' is making me feel like he needs to be chased. (Which I do not do!) - yet Saturn is a glue and Pluto is an obsession and the cycle never ends. My Sun is stuck in the middle.

I've never thought of reading up on his natal, just the synastry. Thanks for giving me a new perspective, Katy!

katydid

Thank you Katy!

His Saturn and Pluto are affecting my Sun, not Moon though.

But yes, he is exactly how you have written - very secretive with his emotions, withdrawing, fickle-minded, distancing himself, etc. Then he comes back with a bang! That's a really descriptive passage of him. Worse still, his Venus is in Cancer, and the whole 'withdrawal woe-is-me' is making me feel like he needs to be chased. (Which I do not do!) - yet Saturn is a glue and Pluto is an obsession and the cycle never ends. My Sun is stuck in the middle.

I've never thought of reading up on his natal, just the synastry. Thanks for giving me a new perspective, Katy!

Oh, yeah, Your Sun not your Moon. That is good , actually. I think your Sun has better ability to stand up to the restriction/repression/judgments than your Moon would. But still, it must take it's toll.

I hope you see him making changes because of your input. Does he listen to you and try to react positively?

Snakechammah

Oh, yeah, Your Sun not your Moon. That is good , actually. I think your Sun has better ability to stand up to the restriction/repression/judgments than your Moon would. But still, it must take it's toll.

I hope you see him making changes because of your input. Does he listen to you and try to react positively?

Well, we have not been together long enough actually. We have periods of HIS emotional seperation (him distancing himself) even before anything can even lift off the ground!

When the plane finally took off, the short time we were together, he kept criticising me. I had a bit of a breaking point (my Venus in Aquarius couldn't stand it anymore) and left him.

I think the same aspect that had made him criticize me (Saturn) is now the very aspect that is making him return and making contact (after almost 4 months of silence).

I think he's trying very hard to reach out to me in the best way he could... so I guess, to answer your question, yes, it seems he is trying to restrict himself from saying anything negative around me.

In fact, I can see he now tiptoes around me fearing he might pish me away with his criticisms!

Retro

Banned
Hello,
Sun square saturn is about fear. The sun person will be intimidated by the saturn person. It also creates obstacles.

Snakechammah

Hello,
Sun square saturn is about fear. The sun person will be intimidated by the saturn person. It also creates obstacles.

Oh really? I never knew that. I thought it was merely obstacles.

Do I fear him? I'm not sure... have to ponder on this one. I do feel an impulse to run everytime he gets closer. It's an automatic response. I would always regret it later, wishing I had been 'kinder' to him.

Maybe it is this aspect - who knows?

Thanks so much for your perspective!

Retro

Banned
Saturn is never good in partnerships. It creates obstacles. And energy. Breakups, and the like. Total downfall. Be careful! :annoyed:

Snakechammah

Saturn is never good in partnerships. It creates obstacles. And energy. Breakups, and the like. Total downfall. Be careful! :annoyed:

Thank you for your input.

I read somewhere that Saturn is "like hurdles in a race, it only creates obstacles and causes delays, it never deprives one of the outcome."

How can Saturn create breakups when it is the planet that binds? I thought it was Uranus that causes seperation?[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]