Travel to foreign country soon?

Nacho

Banned
Can I travel to a foreign country within the next 6 months?

Time is when question was asked by querent to himself, shortly after popping up.
Attached are regiomontanus (right) and placidus (left) charts.

Attachments

• q 001 plac 3.gif
    q 001 plac 3.gif
    84.9 KB · Views: 62
  • q 001 regio 3.gif
    q 001 regio 3.gif
    85.4 KB · Views: 74

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

-querent = 1st house = Leo = Sun
-foreign travel = 9th house = Taurus = Venus CORRECTION: ARIES IS ON THE 9TH HOUSE = MARS SIGNIFICATOR
-2nd house ($$ availability for travel) = 2nd house = Virgo = Mercury
-Venus (9th house significator) flows toward querent (Sun) = + testimony CORRECTION: SUN (QUERENT) FLOWS AWAY FROM MARS = - TESTIMONY
-Mercury ($$ significator) retrogrades and flows toward querent (Sun) and toward Venus (9th house significator) = + testimony
-Sun (querent) in detriment in Aquarius = - testimony
-Mercury ($$ significator) in Fall in Pisces = - testimony

Result: testimonies are evenly divided betwee + and -: so, the answer would be yes IF something regarding $$, or something directly affecting/influencing the querent, does not arise over the next few months, to block the potential foreign travel...
CORRECTED RESULT: THERE ARE 3 - TESTIMONIES AND 1 + TESTIMONY, WITH A NET OF -2 TESTIMONIES: CORRECTED INDICATIONS ARE THAT QUERENT WILL PROBABLY NOT TRAVEL TO A FOREIGN COUNTRY SOON, MOST LIKELY DUE TO $$ CONSIDERATIONS.

Last edited:

Nacho

Banned
Thank you for this useful post, dr. farr. I see you are well versed in this horary astrology practice.

If you answered this horary question correctly, then your answer would make complete sense. However, as far as I can see, Aries is in the whole sign 9th house. Did you use Venus as 9th house significator for a reason I don't know?

dr. farr

Thank you for this useful post, dr. farr. I see you are well versed in this horary astrology practice.

If you answered this horary question correctly, then your answer would make complete sense. However, as far as I can see, Aries is in the whole sign 9th house. Did you use Venus as 9th house significator for a reason I don't know?

Thank you for the correction! :joyful: You are right, Aries/Mars is the 9th house sign/significator: I have amended my delineation, above.

Cap

I'm using different technique and I agree with Dr Farr, confirming his answer - there will be no travel to foreign country soon.

Moon is VOC - nothing much happens, no change regarding the question.

Sun is in detriment in unfortunate 6th and has no power to act.
Sun is moving towards trine with Mars (foreign travel) but first Sun is applying square to Saturn - prohibition. Saturn has the power over the Sun, Sun is in sign of his rulership. Difficulties (square), probably of 6th house type (ruled by Saturn) will prevent querent's travel.

Nacho

Banned
dr. farr / Cap:

Is it possible you could be wrong? My situation is a very special situation, as indicated by the AC ruler, Sun, in Aquarius and Uranus sesquiquadrate to the AC and Pluto sesquiquadrate to the AC.

Cap: Is it possible that Moon in Taurus indicates the question can be answered or that something happens, because of Moon's exaltation sign?

Last edited:

dr. farr

OF COURSE its possible the delineation can be incorrect! I-at least-have not yet obtained a 100% predictive accuracy rate!
However, I do stand by my CORRECTED delineation-and-I hope it is proven to be wrong and that you do travel to a foreign country during the next 6 months!

UPDATE: THE ANKARA DELINEATION PROVED TO BE INCORRECT.
(HOWEVER, PLEASE SEE MY POST OF 4/18/14, BELOW)

I will add this: using simple lunar divination (another long forgotten astro-divination method from oldtime Islamic/Ottoman era astrology), we find the Moon in good shape because it is in elevated degree of Taurus (the 29th degree), in a sign of short ascension (Taurus), in its exaltation (Taurus), flowing away from the negative South Node, and its next conjunction will be with benefic Jupiter in its exaltation, this conjunction occuring in the Moon's own domicile of Cancer: from the criteria used in simple lunar divination, this would give a yes answer to your question, so certainly this indicates that there is a POSSIBILITY that the other horary answers (including my horary delineation, earlier) might be proven to be incorrect, and that you are able to travel to a foreign country over the next 6 months...

UPDATE: SIMPLE LUNAR DIVINATION PROVED TO BE CORRECT.

Last edited:

Cap

Cap: Is it possible that Moon in Taurus indicates the question can be answered or that something happens, because of Moon's exaltation sign?

According to Lilly and Bonatti Moon void of course in Cancer, Taurus, Sagittarius and Pisces could still denote positive answer if main significators are in good condition. And in this chart both main significators are in detriment and cadent. Also, there is a prohibition. Saturn is angular (has the power to act) but has no dignity (his action won't be beneficial) and he rules the Sun (he has the power over the Sun). So, it looks like a NO.

I hope I'm wrong and my best wishes for you to travel to foreign country soon. :smile:

Nacho

Banned
I will update this thread with the newest information.

I just booked the flight for travel to a foreign country soon. So it looks like everyone here missed the mark.

It seems that AC ruler Sun trine 9th ruler Mars is a clear YES. Although Saturn square Sun shows obstacles, it did not hinder anything. And although I have to use up ALL my resources (Moon square Mercury and Neptune in Pisces), my money did not hinder my going to be traveling.

This is only possible thanks to God. This travel will be great and life-changing and it will bring a complete new life to me. It can be said, that my life at the moment is anything but happy (Sun in debilitation). Saturn is in 4th house and indicates problems with my life (AC ruler square to Saturn) and my living place (4th house), that however does not affect the travel (9th house ruled by Mars, which is not in contact to Saturn).

What the meaning of last degree of Taurus Moon means, is, I think, this: Since I am traveling in the very last moment (Moon in last degree), and I have been looking forward to this opportunity for many years, this indicates that it is one of the last chances that I have in my life to do this kind of travel (Change of sign indicates life-changing). Furthermore, because Moon is exalted and in 10th house it is very strong, and Moon is in a Venus sign (Venus being a benefic planet) and exalted, so it should not be stopped by the out of sign square to Mercury, or by Void of course. Finances are weak indeed, as it is indicated by debilitated Mercury, but Mercury is moving into Aquarius, where it has a Triplicity strength. Furthermore, Moon is moving into Gemini, where it whole-sign-trines Mercury and Mars and Sun, a grand trine. This grand trine, perhaps is a reason why this chart is positive, and this is not something that happens every day, so this indicates a very special situation. (Moon trine Mars from Gemini to Libra as the last whole sign aspect of the Moon is a yes). I think also, the fact that Sun and Mercury are moving towards each other applying to a conjunction is a factor that means a positive thing regarding money, although it does not negate the fact that money is problematic here (Also Mercury trine Mars seems to indicate a positive thing, although the Saturn square to Mercury indicates some trouble that will definitely be involved, but this affects Mercury only, not Mars, so the travel will be possible.).

I might update this thread later, and bring new information to this.

Have a nice day, and thanks everyone for participating.

Last edited:

Cap

Thanks for update.

Nobody is errorless :sideways: and I am really glad that it turned out good since this means much to you.

Keep us updated and have a nice trip!

Nacho

Banned
Thanks for update.

Nobody is errorless :sideways: and I am really glad that it turned out good since this means much to you.

Keep us updated and have a nice trip!

You have no idea how much this means to me! This is the most significant change of my life! My life has literally been **** so far! Literally! Just look at the Moon opposite to Saturn separating! Moon square Sun separating! This is heavy stuff. Jupiter in aspect to Uranus and Pluto will bring the most powerful changes ever into my life! Now I have to overcome Sun square Saturn, which seems to be bad, but then again, Sun receives Saturn in Aquarius, which means Saturn likes the Sun in this chart, it seems to be a supportive aspect for the Sun (me!). And although Moon square Mercury looks dire at first, Moon receives Mercury in Gemini, which means Mercury likes the Moon, which means it looks like a supportive aspect! Although this support, of course, due to the nature of the square, will come with some difficulties.

I am not sure if the terms play a big role, but the terms of the planets are all Venus and Jupiter (Valens terms), except Moon, which is in Mars terms. I believe I will travel to the most beautiful place on earth and I will start a new life there. But I will have nothing at first.

Cap

There are a lot of different opinions about Moon VOC, here are some of them

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/voc.html

This chart is certainly + for theory that Moon should be allowed to complete the aspect in the next sign when she is within the orb (square with Mercury), so technically Moon is not VOC.

Yes, I wrongly assessed the nature of the square between Sun and Saturn. The way I look at receptions, Saturn receives Sun so although this represents difficulties (square) Saturn will not harm Sun but accept him.

It seems to me that this is not just about the long journey, it sure sounds like a relocation if your plan is to stay there and start a new life. In that case this chart should be judged from 7th house.

Anyway, I wish you all the best! It is nice to hear when someone succeeds in attainment of his dreams!

dr. farr

I will add this: using simple lunar divination (another long forgotten astro-divination method from oldtime Islamic/Ottoman era astrology), we find the Moon in good shape because it is in elevated degree of Taurus (the 29th degree), in a sign of short ascension (Taurus), in its exaltation (Taurus), flowing away from the negative South Node, and its next conjunction will be with benefic Jupiter in its exaltation, this conjunction occuring in the Moon's own domicile of Cancer: from the criteria used in simple lunar divination, THIS WOULD GIVE A YES ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION, so certainly this indicates that there is a POSSIBILITY that the other horary answers (including my horary delineation, earlier) might be proven to be incorrect, and that you are able to travel to a foreign country over the next 6 months...

Apparently the technique of Simple Lunar Divination (which I have used a few times here on AW) proved accurate for this question.
Bon voyage:happy:!

Nacho

Banned
The 9th ruler Mars is conjunct North Node, which likely indicates the travel will happen. Plus Mars is free from evil aspects and it applies to Sun.

The Moon could prevent the travel, if it was in an evil aspect to Mars, Sun or Saturn, seemingly. But it's separating here from Sun and Mars and has no aspect to Mars, so it does not prevent it. This is because Moon indicates events, so if the Moon has no evil aspects to the querent or the travel, the travel will likely happen.

Moon square Mercury seemingly indicates that I would have to use up all my resources to travel.

Mercury in Pisces seems to indicate I would succeed in having enough money, if I asked God for guidance and help, since Pisces is a sign of faith. Mercury Retrograde seems to indicate having enough money only in the last moment. Mercury is in an angular house, which seems to be helpful. Plus Mercury is trine North Node, also seemingly a helpful aspect.

Sun square Saturn seems to indicate I would have to sacrifice (square) my old life (old = Saturn) in order to create a new life (Aquarius). The new life is connected to helping others, and improving the world (6th house) as well as friends, intellectuality and spirituality (Aquarius). The old life is connected to troubles (Saturn) with home and family (4th house) as well as troubles with extremes, fightings, sexuality and money of others (Scorpio). I suppose I see Saturn as old life, because Saturn is the dispositor of the Sun. Dispositors seem to show the reason for a planet acting, or seem to show what is the background of a planet.

My intention is to leave my old life behind and completely create a new life in a far away country. This I am doing in a very sudden, and unprepared manner (Aquarius), without a good plan (Saturn square, Mercury in Pisces) but with the help of dreams, studies and God (9th ruler Mars trine Sun, Aquarius, Leo) as well as intelligence, initiative and pure action (Mars) and communication, exploration and short travels (3rd house), not afraid to go my own way (Sun, Mars), confidently. Mars in 3rd house indicates a very sharp mind in the querent, as Mars belongs to the 3rd house in the Chaldean order of planets in house strengths and the 3rd house is the mind and it also indicates a very strong place I will travel to (as Mars rules 9th here), strong in the sense of it being a strongly desired place to be in (Libra) and where people often travel to (9th house). Also, it indicates a strong connection (3rd house Mars, trine Sun) to God (9th house). This sharp mind and strong connection to God indicated by Mars in 3rd will be the secret to my achieving to travel (Mars is 9th ruler and Sun trine Mars).

It would be interesting to know how my life would develop, once I had traveled there. I guess I will find that out soon. :happy:

Cap: You are probably right about the relocation being ruled by 7th house. But I didn't ask this question in the way that it would be obviously about a relocation. And to be frank, I don't know yet, if I will relocate to the place I will travel to, directly. It might be possible, but I don't know for sure yet. I think Sun square Saturn makes it difficult to know this at the moment. Saturn indicates delays after all. Although it can be definitely said my intention is to leave the country I am in which means that is including discarding everything that belongs to me in this country. I just don't have a good plan yet regarding my new life, but I have, as I said in my delineation today, a strong connection to God and a strong mind, which will be very helpful. I will definitely leave my old place/country behind though, so my travel is for sure also a relocation!

dr. farr: It seems you were onto something there with your delineation using the technique of Simple Lunar Divination! Thank you so much for it and for your time! It would be interesting to learn about it. Is there a place on the internet one can read about it?

Last edited:

dr. farr

I have outlined the method in an earlier post here on AW, but I think it was a couple years ago:
Here is how the SLD works:
-ONLY the MOON is considered
-the method only gives yes/no or favorable/unfavorable answers
-ALL calculations in the method are based upon the Moon

-if the Moon is located in a sign of long ascension, -1 point is given
-if the Moon is located in a sign of short ascension, +1 point is given
-if the Moon is located in its own domicile (Cancer) or exaltation sign Taurus), +1 point is given
-if the Moon is located in its detriment (Capricorn) or Fall sign (Scorpio), -1 point is given
-if the Moon is located in any other sign, 0 point is given
-if the LAST PLANET THE MOON WAS CONJUNCT WITH was...Saturn, Sun, Mars, South Node...then +1 point is given
-if the LAST PLANET THE MOON WAS CONJUNCT WITH was...Jupiter, Venus, Mercury, North Node,...then -1 point is given
-if the NEXT PLANET THE MOON WILL CONJUNCT will be...Saturn, Sun, Mars, South Node...then -2 points is given
-if the NEXT PLANET THE MOON WILL CONJUNCT will be...Jupiter, Venus, Mercury, North Node...then +2 points is given
-if the NEXT SIGN THE MOON WILL ENTER will be the sign of its detriment or Fall (ie, Capricorn or Scorpio) then -1 point is given
-if the NEXT SIGN THE MOON WILL ENTER will be the sign of its domicile or exaltation (ie Cancer or Taurus) then +1 point is given
-if the NEXT SIGN THE MOON WILL ENTER is neither detriment, Fall, domicile nor exaltation, then 0 point is given

Add up all the points: if the number is net positive, answer = yes/favorable
:if the number is net -, answer = no/unfavorable
:if the number is net 0, answer = maybe/mixed

To illustrate, lets take the original chart in this thread:
-Moon in sign of short ascension = +1 point
-Moon in sign of its exaltation = +1 point
-Moon's last conjunction had been with the South Node = +1 point
-Moon's next conjunction will be with Jupiter = +2 points
-next sign Moon will enter Gemini (neither domicile, detriment or Fall for Moon) = 0

Add up the points: net = +5 points, which gives a decidedly yes answer to the question.

dr. farr

While my Ankara horary delineation gave an incorrect answer to the original question (and Simple Lunar Divination yielded a correct answer to the question), was the fault with the Ankara method OR was the fault with MY choice of quesited significator?

In the Ankara horary method-as I learned of this oral tradition-much attention was given to the use of Lots ("Arabic Parts") in applying the method, and often preference was given for using the question-specific LOT as quesited significator rather than the generic HOUSE lord; I have often followed this use of question-specific LOTS as quesited significator (instead of generic HOUSE lord significator), perhaps as many as 25% of my hundreds of Ankara-horary delineated questions posted here on AW, using the question specific LOT as quesited significator.

What would the Ankara horary delineation have been for the original question in this thread IF I had chosen the question-specific LOT (in this case the Part of Journey) as quesited significator INSTEAD of the lord of the 9th house?

Let's see:

Ankara Horary Using the Part of Journey as Quesited Significator

-querent = 1st house = Leo = Sun
-$$ (allowing the journey to be undertaken) = 2nd house = Virgo = Mercury
-9th whole sign house (journeys) = Aries = Mars
-Part of Journey (ascendant+sign on the 9th house-lord of the sign on the 9th house) falls @ 29 Aquarius
a) in the 7th whole sign house = angular house = + testimony
b) querent (the Sun) flows toward conjunction with the Part of Journey = + testimony
c) 9th house significator (Mars) flows toward the Part of Journey = + testimony
d) the Lots significator Saturn, flows toward the Lot itself = + testimony
e) 2nd house $$ significator (Mercury) flows toward the Part of Journey by retrograde motion = + testimony

Note that, using the question-specific Part of Journey as quesited significator, ALL testimonies are POSITIVE, indicating a strong YES answer to this question BY THE ANKARA HORARY METHOD.

Clearly, the error had been MINE, in that I chose to use the generic long-distance travel HOUSE significator (lord of the sign on the 9th house) as quesited RATHER than the question-specific LOT, the Part of Journey, which revealed a decidedly YES answer to the original horary question.

Last edited: