Considering formal education in astrology

Hello,

I am considering receiving formal training in astrology. Anyone have any suggestions of some particularly great schools?

Mod!

[Moderator note - thread moved here, as soliciting recommendations.]

Last edited by a moderator:

smilingsteph

Hi Mod!!!
I dont have any idea of schools personally,
But I just wanted to say that I think you would be wonderful!
Honestly, you are very in tune to what others are needing.
When you and I PM'd last year- or longer ago, it was something I needed and it helped me a ton.

I wish you the best of luck!

EJ53

Banned
Hi Mod,

I also think you are a "born astrologer", with a natural gift for psychology.......So I'd urge you to look into the Huber School of Astrology before making your decision.

Bruno and Louise Huber founded the Astrological Psychology Institute at Zurich (Switzerland/Europe) in 1968. Initially their teachings were available only in the German language but, in 1983, a branch was set up in the UK which provides an English language correspondence course leading to a "Diploma in Astrological Counselling".......In my view, this recently developed approach takes astrology into the 21st Century but (although the API and it's qualifications are now recognised formally in England) I suspect the USA are not yet even aware of the "Huber Approach to Astrology", and the course is expensive......[However, you might be destined to found the USA branch......which I'd expect to be a real "moneyspinner"]

http://www.api-uk.org/

EJ:smile:

Wow!

Thanks guys...

Steph, I'm glad that the reading I gave however much time ago helped so much. I still consider myself a novice in many respects, especially when it comes to synthesis and regurgitation of information in means beyond, "well, your sun is square you moon, so blah blah and blah." I want to be able to say, "you derive ego satisfaction through means that agitate your emotional well-being and your sense of security." If I was helpful to you maybe I am starting to sound a little like this!

Which relates precisely to what EJ said. It would seem that yes, natural or not, I am inclined to use astrology within a psychological framework, but more specifically, a therapeutic one. Of the readings I have done, they inevitably become therapeutic in style. Thank-you so much for recommending the Huber Approach. Astrology and Psychology of course are natural compliments, and combined with a modern approach, as you suggested the Huber Approach is, would prove to be extraordinarily healing to both those given the readings, and those doing the readings, who may feel wounded by the absence of such therapies. I know I do. Collective baggage is one thing and also inevitable, collective ignorance, however, of such hurt is, well, stymieing to say the least. :-(

Again, thank-you so much, both of you, for your suggestions and support. It is currently Thanksgiving where I am, and I am at my parents house. I'm sure both of you know my many troubles there (Pluto tenth house square my Sun seventh house with two Capricorn parents and I'm a Cancer), though of course I'm not looking for pity! Your kind words just continue to give me perspective and hope regarding my future.

Thank-you :)

Mod!

smilingsteph

Well for what it is worth I wish you a happy Thanksgiving...
I stayed away from home, like I do every year to avoid mine....

My sun square moon, sun in the 4th and moon in the 7th squashed both by saturn!

You will be an amazing astrologer!

EJ53

Banned
Happy Thanksgiving from me too, Mod......(and to you, Steph).

Here in the UK, no-one thanks anyone for anything anymore.:biggrin:

EJ:smile: