living on a border with different time zone confusion!

What time zone should I use?

• The one where I live that has daylight saving

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • The one on the border 500 meters away

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Cast a chart for both time zones and use the one with a better outcome?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luney

Hi Astro Peeps!
Need some help in clarifying a time zone.
I had a car accident on the 4th of December after dropping my son to pre school in Queensland. He goes to school over the border, ((500 metres away)...they do not have day light saving.
But I live on the other side of the border in NSW with daylight saving Time.

So the time of event occurred in Queensland. But I drove to the shops 500 metres away , across the border and cast a chart 2 hours later, in the car of "who was at fault?".
Should I stick to my own time (daylight saving time).
Or normal time.(500 metres away).??

The 1 hour difference changes the ascendant, and descendant, all the cusps which changes the outcome.
I think it seems stupid to change my time at all..
what do you think?

Thanks for your help any experience or thoughts on this one. Much appreciated :smile:
Luney♏︎☀︎

Last edited:

Luney

Being so close to the border...

Ive decided to go with the "no daylight saving".

This is just my intuition....:unsure:

IleneK

Premium Member
Use the time zone for where you were when the question came to you, rather than when you cast got around to casting the chart. Unless the question came to you and you immediately cast the chart.
In any case, the rule would be to use the time for where you were when you thought of the question.

dr. farr

Note that astrodienst (astro.com) chart erection automatically adjusts for time zones and daylight savings time, at any location in the world. So, if you want to be certain that your astrological chart is time correct, simply put the official given time of the incident (and the location of the incident, OR of the time and place you were at when you asked the horary question) into the astrodienst chart system and the time correct astrological chart will be generated.

Last edited:

rafaella

Being so close to the border...

Ive decided to go with the "no daylight saving".

This is just my intuition....:unsure:

Horary chart is the chart for the time you first thought of the question, which means you would cast for NSW location.

Event chart is for the time and location when the incident happened, so you would use the queensland location and time of the accident.

Usually the charts come to same conclusion.

Hope this helps!

Luney

Thank you for your help all..:wink: sorry for late reply. Been studying a great deal.

I understand that that daylight savings is a man made adjustment, and does not move the planets in anyway, just by being 500 metres away from a border with an hour difference, Can change all the cusps, the lords and the result.
This is why I ask the more educated bunch here. :joyful:

It will give me great relief, that in a couple of weeks time, the clock turns back and both states align with the universe once again.
I really don't like this borderline.

Back to the original question. Going back to where the event took place, seems more logical , as this is where the question first came to thought.
So the conclusion is, I took the time of the event as the chart cast.
And ...I was at fault . ! I hate admitting that stuff! :happy: