Mars in Aries=Worst temper of the zodiac?

Horus

I have Mars in Aries and a pretty bad temper. I snap at people and have big blow ups. I seem to get it out of my system rather quickly, however, and forget about it.

Does Mars in Aries have a reputation for having a hot temper? thanks

In my experience with a couple of those folks, yes, and a violent temper at that, but I won't make a generalization about millions or hundreds of millions of people who have this placement. I haven't met them.

Inconjunct

Depends how you define "worst", really. A Mars/Aries person might just blow up very quickly, but it all be dissipated within minutes. A Mars/Taurus person might brood for ages and then explode, and carry on bearing a grudge for a while afterwards (if not forever). A Mars/Leo (like me) might have a sudden dramatic display of anger that brings attention to himself and then seems to be done, but then still bear a grudge afterwards.:andy:

Saturnian

Nah,they are fine.A friend of mine has Mars in Aries and she's a Taurus,I **** her off so fast,but other than that thankfully she's not the type who holds grudges.She shows it quite easily when she gets pissed and that's why I like her.I like people who show their anger,it's a healthy outlet.
Try Scorpio moon and see what bad temper means and all the feelings how fast they bottle up.And then try to see what placement is more violent...

I wish I had an Aries Mars it's such a nice and positive placement,although I am happy with my Capricorn Mars too,it's just that Aries Mars is easier to express its feelings and that's so good...You should be happy to have it.

Kriztine

My daughter has Aries rising/Mars in Aries....and her Mars is square her Cappy Sun

I don't think she has a bad temper at all ! She is VERY energetic, gets restless has loads of physical reserves
and is quite unhappy unless she is regularly working out and playing competitive sports.

I think Mars tells alot about energy not so much temper. My experience is that when you mix the Moon with Mars then you get temper. Like an Aries Moon might be more tempestuous than an Aries Mars.

I have the Moon conjunct Mars in Libra sq Uranus in angular houses and I think both of my daughters would say I have a much worse temper than they do. (0ther daughter has Scorp Mars sq her Aq Sun).

I think if you try to fence in an Aries Mars and frustrate it..."sit still .." ,etc you may see some fireworks, but still its energy. The Aries rising/Mars daughter does like to drive FAST...got two speeding tickets her first few months having her license.

Christian09

Like Inconjunct said, MA/AR kinda just blows up, but it's over pretty quickly. I'd say it's a pretty healthy way for mars energy to be expressed( which is why Aries is ruled by mars)

Aries energy, as a whole, has a real innocence about it; it's not contrived or manipulating. and while I won't be sharing my deep philosophical thoughts with Aries types anytime soon,(Their eyes would glaze over) I can always count on enthusiasm and sincere life-force from Aries.

Arian Maverick

I won't be sharing my deep philosophical thoughts with Aries types anytime soon,(Their eyes would glaze over)

Come now, give us more credit! I wanna hear! :biggrin:

I don't have many acquaintances with Mars in Aries, but I don't think Mars is the only contributing factor for a nasty temper. I agree with Kriztine that Aries Moon seems more prone to angry emotional outbursts.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Arijana

My daughter has Aries rising/Mars in Aries....and her Mars is square her Cappy Sun

I don't think she has a bad temper at all ! She is VERY energetic, gets restless has loads of physical reserves
and is quite unhappy unless she is regularly working out and playing competitive sports.

I think Mars tells alot about energy not so much temper. My experience is that when you mix the Moon with Mars then you get temper. Like an Aries Moon might be more tempestuous than an Aries Mars.

I have the Moon conjunct Mars in Libra sq Uranus in angular houses and I think both of my daughters would say I have a much worse temper than they do. (0ther daughter has Scorp Mars sq her Aq Sun).

I think if you try to fence in an Aries Mars and frustrate it..."sit still .." ,etc you may see some fireworks, but still its energy. The Aries rising/Mars daughter does like to drive FAST...got two speeding tickets her first few months having her license.

oh yes,the Moon with Mars thing is a definite,I have that,and I have a very bad temper ,I get angry and explode a lot. and yes,I agree with the rest of your post,it's energy,not rage...unless it's badly afflicted or if you restrict the energy-like u said,telling your daughter to sit still etc.

Horus

I've read (and observed in someone I know) that Mercury in Aries produces an irritable person. Perhaps this is because of all that primal action energy having a difficult time expressing through the planet of thinking and talking? What say the Aries Mercuries here? Are you easily irritated?

Christian09

Come now, give us more credit! I wanna hear! :biggrin:

I don't have many acquaintances with Mars in Aries, but I don't think Mars is the only contributing factor for a nasty temper. I agree with Kriztine that Aries Moon seems more prone to angry emotional outbursts.

Arian Maverick

LOL
that's why I specifically said Aries TYPES...not necessarily Aries Sun (or Mars) I meant that PURE Aries consciousness doesn't have time for philosophy--their too busy living... here and now!

Nothing is ever the sole player that gives a nasty temper, But if we were to choose to work with Mars signs exclusively(as say, an exercise) I would agree that Aries Mars is far from the worst. Mars in Scorpio can really go Manson on you...they can blow when provoked.

Funny then that Mars has such essential dignity there. theses days, i rarely view ANY planet in any sign as a "bad" or even a "good" thing...It just IS...

Kriztine

My significant other has Merc in Aries...all squared up with Moon/Uranus...opposite Saturn.

Thinks fast and impulsively, used to be a good liar...but no not irritable...and that Mercury is also inconjunct a retro Mars Scorp

Maybe the fact its buried in the 8th and accompanies a Pluto rising Leo Ascendent helps him keep his cool.

Again its an energy thing with Aries I think...since he did saw off three of his fingers in a construction accident

Arian Maverick

Aries types certainly are prone to temper, but I believe we're ignoring other influences here. My mother has a frightful temper--fortunately, it doesn't surface often--and she has a Libra stellium with no personal planets in Aries or other fire signs.

Perhaps we can explore AstroDatabank? Which celebrities are known for their tempers, besides Russell Crowe?

A few sites have suggestions: Stars With the Worst Tempers, so perhaps we can gather their natal data and study their charts?

According to this list:

I understand that this is a small sample, and many of these celebrities have unknown birth times, but it's a start. Perhaps we can detect patterns.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Horus

i would say russell crowe does not have a temper. or i would be disinclined to believe he does. that phone throwing thing was close to the release of cinderella man. he was a boxer there. just publicity IMO. he was never known for temper before that unlike naomi for example.

a friend of mine who was a security guard at some event that included Crowe said that he blew up at him and few other people there. Now he boycotts his films.

This was at wiki in the "Altercations" section of his bio:

Crowe has been involved in a number of altercations in recent years which have given him a reputation for having a bad temper.[43]

Were not allowed to quote very much here so here's the link to read the rest
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell_Crowe

ariesgurl

I've read (and observed in someone I know) that Mercury in Aries produces an irritable person. Perhaps this is because of all that primal action energy having a difficult time expressing through the planet of thinking and talking? What say the Aries Mercuries here? Are you easily irritated?

I have merc in aries and am very easily irritated, but tend to get over it just as fast. I also have mars in aries and I would definitely say I have a bad temper but not a violent temper.

Aquachime

My dad has Mars in Scorpio and he had the most scary temper I have known. He is a Sun Pisces. My Aries daughter has Mars in Scorp and she can send grown men scurrying. I have seen her in action and an adult Aries male with muscles, tattoos, beard etc defer to her with a mixture of shock and something like respect when she was in full flight:happy:

Munch

While I can certainly see where an Aries/Mars combo could produce a great deal of energy, I don't know that it lends itself to being naturally tempermental.

Instead I look to hard aspects between the Moon and Mars, and Pluto and Mars.

I have a very sanguine moon placement (Sagittarius) but struggled for many, many years to overcome an extreme temper as indicated by my square to Mars in Aquarius.

PiscesBoy

Banned
I have aries in mercury and Scorpio in mars with mercury trine mars..I wouldn't say I have the worst temper, it would depend on how much I am provoced... the higher the provocation the greater it builds, and I keep count, never forget and always look for revenge/getting even no matter how long it takes..

Other than that I am a really sweet person :innocent:

Idrew

I don't know about all the mars/aries temper, all I can say is that I have a terrible temper and I have mars in pisces, but it is opposed my sun and jupiter and trine my moon.

dreamtimez

I have Mars in Aries and a pretty bad temper. I snap at people and have big blow ups. I seem to get it out of my system rather quickly, however, and forget about it.

Does Mars in Aries have a reputation for having a hot temper? thanks

I know only one person with this aspect Mars in Aries ... my brother. He has a Libra Sun and Taurus Moon. He never gets angry !!!! :happy:

Insane

Um. I have taurus in sun and mars in aries. I sometimes rage or get mad when someones 'riding on my back' for a while. :happy: But I can be calm and cold at the times. It just depends on the situation and people. I mostly get angry when someones arguing with me, and when I exactly know, that I am right. I argue alot with my aries grandmother because of all this, and I can't stand when she's commanding me in bossy manner.