Giving a person space

vandeluca

So 2 weeks ago life with my SO Scorpio ended. He broke up with me that he has some things going on personally, and he can't do our relationship right now because problems are affecting his life. His feelings haven't changed but he can't do both the problem and us at the same time. . This after over 1.5 years. This problem just happened and I don't know what it's related to but it's not me, it is him he says. None of it my fault, whatever that means. I don't know exactly because surprise he cannot tell me. It's too deep. Everything that I knew of was going fine and this went from fire to ice. We were spending all of our time together. We are still talking many times daily, he seems up and down, not going out really. Mostly up because we know he won't want to burden me down.
I don't think it is someone else.Says that being his friend will help get past this problem. He' mentioned I deserve better. He keeps talking about the timing of what he is going through as this cause. And not only does it affect us but his whole life. But not sure because he has seen a friend of his, who he doesn't tell things to anyway. No one knows we broke up!!!

Should I completely back off? Anyone have insight to this? I have been reading this is common for them. I have been crying for 2 weeks. I am wondering if he just doesn't want to hurt me but it is something.
I wanted to add also -I may be moving in a year and he knows this. He has acted very nonchalant and supportive but recently he asked me about it and I wondered if he is thinking about it ending. He would have definitely be considered in my choices unless he doesn't understand that. More than he realizes. I didn't say that to him in those words..but I was thinking it. And also he tends to push people away if he feels them getting close. We've been really serious lately.

Last edited: