How do we know what impact Chiron has

Zeuses

Given that Chiron was founded in the seventies, how does anyone know what impact it has eg its the wounded healer but how do we know this? Who decides upon the meaning of a new planet and how is this decided upon, what basis?

katydid

Chiron: Rainbow Bridge Between the Inner & Outer Planets: Rainbow Bridge Between the Inner and Outer Planets (Llewellyn's Modern Astrology Library) Nov 30, 1993
by Barbara Hand Clow

Discover the inner secrets of Chiron, the most recently discovered planet, and see how it is interpreted in astrological charts with Chiron by renowned astrologer Barbara Hand Clow.

Chiron is alchemist and healer, initiator and visionary, teacher of integrity and of bravery. This groundbreaking guide, in print since 1987, explores Chiron's mythology and history and analyzes its meaning in each sign and house in the natal chart. Chiron explores this planet's mythological background and history as well as its effect on astrology. This comprehensive astrology book includes:

The meaning of Chiron when it appears in each house
The meaning of Chiron in aspect to each planet
The meaning of Chiron through each sign
The mythological legacy of Chiron
A Chiron ephemeris
Chiron in transit
Chiron as a bridge between the inner and outer planets
Based on over 700 charts from the author's personal files, Chiron is the first book to explore in depth the astrological meanings of this planet. Learn how you can incorporate Chironic wisdom in your astrological readings and your life with this groundbreaking work.

This ^^ is one of the first books about the Astrological meaning of Chiron. The author first studied the mythology of CHIRON, and then studied where it was placed in the 700 client's charts she had in her files.

She had already worked with these clients previously. So she RESEARCHED where Chiron was in their charts and was able to see how it impacted them.

Zeuses

A guy who i know has Venus conjunct Chiron (4° orb).

It is said that Chiron sacrificed his life so that mankind could obtain the use of fire. Being the son of Cronus, a Titan, he was allegedly immortal. There are varying accounts of his death, but all include an arrow poisoned with the blood of the Hydra. He was unable to heal himself and willingly gave up his life; he was honored with a place in the sky as the constellation Centaurus.

This guy is an ex of mine. He's recently been back in contact (again) after a marriage not working out, but I've already moved on with someone else. We've had a couple of deep chats this past few weeks. He's told me how he's not happy in his life. Since we were together (7 years ago) he's been making sure all his family is okay, he's arranged marriages for his younger brother and sister, bought his mum a new house and moved her. Just basically sorting all his family out, as well as in the process working his @rse off to make money. Towards the end of this, he had an arranged married, but after less than a year it didn't work out and he's now divorced.

He told me out of his own mouth that he's sacrificed his life for other people and now he is left with nothing (nothing as in no-one to share his life with) and feels unhappy. He has more than enough money as he deals with properties, and he has a nice house of his own. But he's not happy. He says he hates being in the house as to him it's like a shell and lacks life. I feel so sorry for him, but im currently in love with somebody else now. So he has sacrificed his own happiness for other people. It was also him being so busy sorting everybody else out 7 years ago that caused a wedge between us and eventually caused us to split up.

This is the impact Chiron has.

This is your personal experience of someone's experience. It doesn't answer my question regarding who decided that this planet had the wounded healer ascribed to it nor what evidence there is that this is the impact of the planet either in the natal or by transit. I'm aware that many on here are amateur astrologers, however, I'm wondering whether an experienced astrologer knows the answer to this. I am aware that not all astrologers even use Chiron.

Zeuses

Chiron: Rainbow Bridge Between the Inner & Outer Planets: Rainbow Bridge Between the Inner and Outer Planets (Llewellyn's Modern Astrology Library) Nov 30, 1993
by Barbara Hand Clow

Discover the inner secrets of Chiron, the most recently discovered planet, and see how it is interpreted in astrological charts with Chiron by renowned astrologer Barbara Hand Clow.

Chiron is alchemist and healer, initiator and visionary, teacher of integrity and of bravery. This groundbreaking guide, in print since 1987, explores Chiron's mythology and history and analyzes its meaning in each sign and house in the natal chart. Chiron explores this planet's mythological background and history as well as its effect on astrology. This comprehensive astrology book includes:

The meaning of Chiron when it appears in each house
The meaning of Chiron in aspect to each planet
The meaning of Chiron through each sign
The mythological legacy of Chiron
A Chiron ephemeris
Chiron in transit
Chiron as a bridge between the inner and outer planets
Based on over 700 charts from the author's personal files, Chiron is the first book to explore in depth the astrological meanings of this planet. Learn how you can incorporate Chironic wisdom in your astrological readings and your life with this groundbreaking work.

This ^^ is one of the first books about the Astrological meaning of Chiron. The author first studied the mythology of CHIRON, and then studied where it was placed in the 700 client's charts she had in her files.

She had already worked with these clients previously. So she RESEARCHED where Chiron was in their charts and was able to see how it impacted them.

Tthankyou. I missed this post. I think this is more like what I was looking for although 700 isn't a huge number compared to the population. Thanks anyway

katydid

No, 700 is a very small slice, I agree. But She just got the ball rolling.

There are other clues as well. For example:

2060 Chiron /ˈkaɪərɒn/ is a small Solar System body in the outer Solar System, orbiting the Sun between Saturn and Uranus. Discovered in 1977 by Charles Kowal, it was the first-identified member of a new class of objects now known as centaurs—bodies orbiting between the asteroid belt and the Kuiper belt.[a]

Although it was initially called an asteroid and classified only as a minor planet with the designation "2060 Chiron", it was later found to exhibit behavior typical of a comet. Today it is classified as both a minor planet and a comet, and is accordingly also known by the cometary designation 95P/Chiron.

Chiron is named after the centaur Chiron in Greek mythology.

Michael E. Brown lists it as possibly a dwarf planet with a measured diameter of 206 km[16] (128 miles) which is near the lower limit for an icy dwarf planet (around 200 km, or 124 miles).

This minor planet was named after Chiron, a half-human, half-horse centaur from Greek mythology. Son of the Titan Cronus and the nymph Philyra, Chiron was the wisest and most just of all centaurs, serving as an instructor of the Greek heroes.[4] The official naming citation was published by the Minor Planet Center on 1 April 1978 (M.P.C. 4359).[4][27] It was suggested that the names of other centaurs be reserved for objects of the same type.[1]

Chiron's orbit was found to be highly eccentric (0.37), with perihelion just inside the orbit of Saturn and aphelion just outside the perihelion of Uranus (it does not reach the average distance of Uranus, however). According to the program Solex, Chiron's closest approach to Saturn in modern times was around May 720, when it came within 30.5±2.0 million km (0.204 ± 0.013 AU) of Saturn. During this passage Saturn's gravity caused Chiron's semi-major axis to decrease from 14.55±0.12 AU[28] to 13.7 AU.[5] It does not come nearly as close to Uranus; Chiron crosses Uranus's orbit where the latter is farther than average from the Sun.

Chiron attracted considerable interest because it was the first object discovered in such an orbit, well outside the asteroid belt. Chiron is classified as a centaur, the first of a class of objects orbiting between the outer planets. Chiron is a Saturn–Uranus object because its perihelion lies in Saturn's zone of control and its aphelion lies in that of Uranus.[29] Centaurs are not in stable orbits and will be removed by gravitational perturbation by the giant planets over a period of millions of years, moving to different orbits or leaving the Solar System altogether.[30] Chiron is probably a refugee from the Kuiper belt and will probably become a short-period comet in about a million years.[29]

Chiron came to perihelion (closest point to the Sun) in 1996 and will reach aphelion mid 2021.[5

Chrysalis

This is your personal experience of someone's experience. It doesn't answer my question regarding who decided that this planet had the wounded healer ascribed to it nor what evidence there is that this is the impact of the planet either in the natal or by transit. I'm aware that many on here are amateur astrologers, however, I'm wondering whether an experienced astrologer knows the answer to this. I am aware that not all astrologers even use Chiron.

You asked what impact Chiron has. I've just told you about my personal experience, yes. Sorry for replying. I'll just delete my post. Ive deleted it but you've quoted me anyway, so that was pointless.

aquarius7000

Hi,

People have different ways to answer the question. It is up to you to be able to discern the message / lesson from somebody's "personal example". If you think about it, anybody can read the answer somewhere online or in a book and come and write it down here in their own words - and that can be very amateur. Good astrologers are able to apply it to their own experience or that of somebody else's. And one thing is for sure, when somebody takes the time to respond to your question, the least one can do is thank them out of politeness.

Zeuses

Thanks for saying that aquarius700, i was starting to think it was me being a little touchy there.
No apologies. I have asked the question before on a forum and got no responses at all. At least you responded so thankyou for that. I agree that personal experiences are important but I was seeking to find out how it came into being in the first place in order for it to be applied as it is in your experience and others.

Zeuses

No, 700 is a very small slice, I agree. But She just got the ball rolling.

There are other clues as well. For example:

2060 Chiron /ˈkaɪərɒn/ is a small Solar System body in the outer Solar System, orbiting the Sun between Saturn and Uranus. Discovered in 1977 by Charles Kowal, it was the first-identified member of a new class of objects now known as centaurs—bodies orbiting between the asteroid belt and the Kuiper belt.[a]

Although it was initially called an asteroid and classified only as a minor planet with the designation "2060 Chiron", it was later found to exhibit behavior typical of a comet. Today it is classified as both a minor planet and a comet, and is accordingly also known by the cometary designation 95P/Chiron.

Chiron is named after the centaur Chiron in Greek mythology.

Michael E. Brown lists it as possibly a dwarf planet with a measured diameter of 206 km[16] (128 miles) which is near the lower limit for an icy dwarf planet (around 200 km, or 124 miles).

This minor planet was named after Chiron, a half-human, half-horse centaur from Greek mythology. Son of the Titan Cronus and the nymph Philyra, Chiron was the wisest and most just of all centaurs, serving as an instructor of the Greek heroes.[4] The official naming citation was published by the Minor Planet Center on 1 April 1978 (M.P.C. 4359).[4][27] It was suggested that the names of other centaurs be reserved for objects of the same type.[1]

Chiron's orbit was found to be highly eccentric (0.37), with perihelion just inside the orbit of Saturn and aphelion just outside the perihelion of Uranus (it does not reach the average distance of Uranus, however). According to the program Solex, Chiron's closest approach to Saturn in modern times was around May 720, when it came within 30.5±2.0 million km (0.204 ± 0.013 AU) of Saturn. During this passage Saturn's gravity caused Chiron's semi-major axis to decrease from 14.55±0.12 AU[28] to 13.7 AU.[5] It does not come nearly as close to Uranus; Chiron crosses Uranus's orbit where the latter is farther than average from the Sun.

Chiron attracted considerable interest because it was the first object discovered in such an orbit, well outside the asteroid belt. Chiron is classified as a centaur, the first of a class of objects orbiting between the outer planets. Chiron is a Saturn–Uranus object because its perihelion lies in Saturn's zone of control and its aphelion lies in that of Uranus.[29] Centaurs are not in stable orbits and will be removed by gravitational perturbation by the giant planets over a period of millions of years, moving to different orbits or leaving the Solar System altogether.[30] Chiron is probably a refugee from the Kuiper belt and will probably become a short-period comet in about a million years.[29]

Chiron came to perihelion (closest point to the Sun) in 1996 and will reach aphelion mid 2021.[5

Thankyou for this background information. It is interesting in what happens when something new is added into astrology such as Chiron or when they downgrade a planet such as they did with Pluto. Thankyou again for this.

Zeuses

Hi,

People have different ways to answer the question. It is up to you to be able to discern the message / lesson from somebody's "personal example". If you think about it, anybody can read the answer somewhere online or in a book and come and write it down here in their own words - and that can be very amateur. Good astrologers are able to apply it to their own experience or that of somebody else's. And one thing is for sure, when somebody takes the time to respond to your question, the least one can do is thank them out of politeness.

I agree that my answer wasn't how I intended it to read. I haven't been able to read the answer in a book to date which is why I asked the question on an astrology forum. Being interested in astrology for me means finding out about how things are as they are eg the development of themes and meanings of chiron in order to fully understand it and its application to natal and transits.

Chrysalis

Being interested in astrology for me means finding out about how things are as they are eg the development of themes and meanings of chiron in order to fully understand it and its application to natal and transits.

And I've come along and given you the perfect example, but you disregard it.:unsure:

It's usually (in my personal experience) better to get a first-hand experience of something rather via website or book, that's why i left my experience of someone else with Chiron influence.

aquarius7000

No apologies. I have asked the question before on a forum and got no responses at all. At least you responded so thankyou for that. I agree that personal experiences are important but I was seeking to find out how it came into being in the first place in order for it to be applied as it is in your experience and others.
Zeuses, what you need to understand is that nobody is paying anyone here and nobody is obliged to answer any question here.. if somebody answers, they are being nice and investing time. That’s all I am saying.

Zeuses

Being interested in astrology for me means finding out about how things are as they are eg the development of themes and meanings of chiron in order to fully understand it and its application to natal and transits.

And I've come along and given you the perfect example, but you disregard it.:unsure:

It's usually (in my personal experience) better to get a first-hand experience of something rather via website or book, that's why i left my experience of someone else with Chiron influence.
And I thankyou for your example and taking the time to share it. My intention wasnt to be rude i was simply trying to find out who decided upon the impact of chiron in transit and by house based on summaries of chiron to planets and houses that i have read that can be generalised to everyone in the world. Many of the planets have been studied for a very long time due to the history of astrology. Chiron is relatively new in comparison so just trying to find out how it came to being as it is. Thankyou anyway and accept my apologies if I seemed rude. It wasn't meant to be.

aquarius7000

Personally, I don't use Chiron really when I read for others. I might include the likes of POF or the fixed start of Algol... as extras, but that is about it. I think Astrology functions quite well with the mainstream planets and perhaps use of certain fixed stars... Some assign Chiron to Virgo since the centaur had a lot of medical knowledge, just as when Uranus was discovered, they assigned it to Aquarius. I stick to traditional Astrology - when it comes to sign rulers.

A good way to understand if Chiron works for you is to see where it is placed in your chart and if it has shown any effects in terms of healing, medicine...

My own Chiron is in the 9th house of Aries. How do I link it to my personal life - I almost studied medicine (however, I have my Sun in the 6th), and even though I didn't end up doing it, I love to read medical journals and I was excellent at Biology and Chemistry at school. I am also an empath and into healing - I am always distributing clothes, food, blankets... to the needy.
Since Chiron is my 9th house (seeking the Higher Truth), I am quite spiritual and a devout follower of Sanatana Dharma (what the English coined as Hinduism). I believe in life after of life and live by the concept of Karma (deed/action) and Dharma (duty). I believe in healing and am always ready to listen to others to those that need to talk and tell their stories in order to heal. I am very spiritual and try to meditate regularly - which is very healing. I love reading about the Vedas and The Bhagavad Gita.

Now, if I were to put Chiron aside, which I often do, I would attribute the aforementioned with my Venus conjunct Jup - both in Pisces. My Venus is in an aspect to Nep. With all the Pisces energy and Venus-Nep. Mars (ruler of 9th) is exalted in Cap and is in a tight aspect to Moon and Venus.

Zeuses

Personally, I don't use Chiron really when I read for others. I might include the likes of POF or the fixed start of Algol... as extras, but that is about it. I think Astrology functions quite well with the mainstream planets and perhaps use of certain fixed stars... Some assign Chiron to Virgo since the centaur had a lot of medical knowledge, just as when Uranus was discovered, they assigned it to Aquarius. I stick to traditional Astrology - when it comes to sign rulers.

A good way to understand if Chiron works for you is to see where it is placed in your chart and if it has shown any effects in terms of healing, medicine...

My own Chiron is in the 9th house of Aries. How do I link it to my personal life - I almost studied medicine (however, I have my Sun in the 6th), and even though I didn't end up doing it, I love to read medical journals and I was excellent at Biology and Chemistry at school. I am also an empath and into healing - I am always distributing clothes, food, blankets... to the needy.
Since Chiron is my 9th house (seeking the Higher Truth), I am quite spiritual and a devout follower of Sanatana Dharma (what the English coined as Hinduism). I believe in life after of life and live by the concept of Karma (deed/action) and Dharma (duty). I believe in healing and am always ready to listen to others to those that need to talk and tell their stories in order to heal. I am very spiritual and try to meditate regularly - which is very healing. I love reading about the Vedas and The Bhagavad Gita.

Now, if I were to put Chiron aside, which I often do, I would attribute the aforementioned with my Venus conjunct Jup - both in Pisces. My Venus is in an aspect to Nep. With all the Pisces energy and Venus-Nep. Mars (ruler of 9th) is exalted in Cap and is in a tight aspect to Moon and Venus.

Thankyou for sharing this. I believe that not all astrologers use Chiron. I read somewhere that even Noel Tyl didn't use it. I have learned more about Chiron's background from this post so thanks to all who have contributed.

katydid

I used to leave it out of my chart readings. But then I put it in my specifications for natal charts on my astrodienst file. And my charts all popped up with Chiron showing. And it kind of blew my mind.

Like one young man I know very well, known him since birth. My best friend had him at a young age. I have watched him grow up.

When I saw his chart as a baby, I was impressed by his Sun/north node in Aries in the 10th, opposed Jupiter/Uranus in Libra. I thought he would be a very confident young man as he grew into his sense of self.

I never understood how that aspect worked in his chart, as I watched him grow up. It didnt seem to fit him that well.

Then when I looked at his chart, and Chiron was plugged in, BOOM---it all made sense suddenly.

He has Chiron @2Aries 42, and the Sun@ 1Aries58. With the North Node@ 1Aries01.

His Sun is applying to exact conjunction with Chiron. And I see that so clearly, after watching his childhood issues. He is so sensitive and self conscious. He is strong and fragile at the same time. But very self conscious and reserved.

Not at all what I envisioned a 10th House Aries Sun with Saggittarius rising to be.

Seeing that Chiron conjunct the Sun really fit perfectly with how he reacts and responds to life. He second guesses himself quite a bit. And when he does express a strong opinion, he often apologises right afterwards, as if he is not allowed to feel that way. He is intelligent and assertive and yet very polite and aware of other's needs. And often very anxious.

I never saw his parents or grandparents criticise or hamper his expression. They usually tried to encourage him and draw it out of him. I do think that having teen parents and living with his Mom and grandparents for his early childhood many have had an impact. But I feel like Chiron's placement gives that clue in the chart, that is very helpful.

And when I described Chiron to him one day, when we spoke about his chart, he really resonated with it. Also, he became a nurse, at a time when most nurses were women and not men. I thought Chiron made sense there as well.

People used to say to him, why not get your medical degree. But he would say he had no interest in that. He wanted to care for his patients, be there for them physically, not diagnose them or be the authority figure.

Last edited:

Zeuses

I used to leave it out of my chart readings. But then I put it in my specifications for natal charts on my astrodienst file. And my charts all popped up with Chiron showing. And it kind of blew my mind.

Like one young man I know very well, known him since birth. My best friend had him at a young age. I have watched him grow up.

When I saw his chart as a baby, I was impressed by his Sun/north node in Aries in the 10th, opposed Jupiter/Uranus in Libra. I thought he would be a very confident young man as he grew into his sense of self.

I never understood how that aspect worked in his chart, as I watched him grow up. It didnt seem to fit him that well.

Then when I looked at his chart, and Chiron was plugged in, BOOM---it all made sense suddenly.

His Sun is applying to exact conjunction with Chiron. And I see that so clearly, after watching his childhood issues. He is so sensitive and self conscious. He is strong and fragile at the same time. But very self conscious and reserved.

Not at all what I envisioned a 10th House Aries Sun with Saggittarius rising to be.

Seeing that Chiron conjunct the Sun really fit perfectly with how he reacts and responds to life. He second guesses himself quite a bit. And when he does express a strong opinion, he often apologises right afterwards, as if he is not allowed to feel that way. He is intelligent and assertive and yet very polite and aware of other's needs. And often very anxious.

I never saw his parents or grandparents criticise or hamper his expression. They usually tried to encourage him and draw it out of him. I do think that having teen parents and living with his Mom and grandparents for his early childhood many have had an impact. But I feel like Chiron's placement gives that clue in the chart, that is very helpful.

And when I described Chiron to him one day, when we spoke about his chart, he really resonated with it. Also, he became a nurse, at a time when most nurses were women and not men. I thought Chiron made sense there as well.

People used to say to him, why not get your medical degree. But he would say he had no interest in that. He wanted to care for his patients, be there for them physically, not diagnose them or be the authority figure.
Thanks for this. He sounds like a really nice person. So how would you expect Chiron in the 7th house Pisces with Pluto opposite Chiron (4 degree orb) to manifest?

aquarius7000

Since you know both this man and his chart well, would like to know where his Saturn is and if it aspects any of the lights?

Is it possible to anonymize his details and post his natal chart on here if he is ok with it? And of course if Zeuses is ok with it

katydid

I don't want to post his chart, but I will answer the Saturn question.

He has no aspect between Sun and Saturn and a semi-sextile between the Moon and Saturn.

However, he does have a tight Venus/Saturn conjunction. And there is a Yod to that conjunction, so Saturn is pretty prominent in his chart.

[3/22/69 , 12:05 pm, SF, CA]

Also, I just saw that I said he had Sag rising. Oops, I misremembered that ASC. It was Cancer rising