Astrocartography

Wave

Hi,

I think that astrocartography has a great future, it is a branch of astrology which can help many people to change their lives for the better.

I would like to hear about your personal experiences with astrocartography and how it has changed your lives for the better.

Wave.

Solastro

Well a few years ago.. I moved from NSW to Brisbane. where I ended up living with my sister & a group of others.. they all worked & lived together.. doing tarot readings.. astrology.. tai chi etc etc.. anyway when I arrived at their house for a stay.. I began reading from their 'library' of esoteric books etc.. 'Wheels of Life' the chakra system etc.. this was all fascinating & new to me.. anyway after wandering around for a few weeks.. laying about by the pool.. reading-studying intently.. I was also introduced to **the 'Mythic Tarot'.. astrology.. numerology etc.. doing tarot readings etc.. I was hooked!!! So here I stayed for 5 months living, working & learning with others.. who were all going on about 'projections'.. the I-Ching etc etc.. a few arguments.. upsets.. saying it like it was etc.. etc.. yet also feeling a sense of connection & purpose.. I eventually left after I wanted more freedom to do my own thing.. yet I think I had learned a great deal in the process.. Anyway I looked at some astrocartography a few years later on www.astro.com ('astro click travel') & I noticed almost exactly Mercury(Taurus) aligned with my Ascendant at this location(in my natal chart it is in my 1st house, but a few degrees away from my Asc).. mm that's interesting then with all this learning.. books.. introduction to new people, subjects etc.. So it seems to fit pretty well with my experiences there then...

Also I went to London a couple of years ago for the first time.. there I have Neptune(Scorpio) conj my Asc(astro-cart).. I had booked myself into a number of psychological astrology lectures at Liz Greens astrology school.. meeting other fellow students of astrology.. also meeting Darby Costello for a very 'intuitive' astrology session.. also I lost my wallet in a hostel.. while a bit too drunk on St Pats Day.. but someone handed it back in.. with all the cash in it(Saturn in Pisces trines my natal Neptune).. & yes I still feel a strange attraction towards London.. I also enjoyed 'the Goth' pub in Soho.. amoung a few others...

Also I went to Paris for the first time also.. this time with Uranus(in Virgo) on my MC(astro-cart).. I stayed in Montmarte.. I visited a cemetary were I took a silouetted photo of an old tree.. I met a young Sth African girl.. in a laundromat(Virgo) where we made 'a strange connection'.. she was a bit 'different' you might say.. all this was most 'unexpected'(Uranus).. she was fasinated by me being interested in astrology.. me writing in my diary.. I asked for her birth details.. also she was interested in the underground music scene etc.. we went exploring in the seedier side of Paris.. anything underground, odd unusual fascinates me(my natal Uranus sits in my 5th house.. conjunct Mars-Pluto).. 'nothing is taboo for me'(at least talking about things I mean, Jup/Venus in Gemini) she also had 'a real estate parent' that she was rebelling against!! ie. so I felt a real shared committment to being an individual.. despite what family might want us to do.. 'conform' to a 'normal' life...

I also went for a trek through the Himalayas(via Katmadu) a few years ago.. where I had Jupiter(Gemini) conjunct my IC(astro-cart) & it was true that this was a profound inner journey for me.. one of great healing.. I was with my fellow 'Insight seminar' graduates.. after doing a years worth of group process work.. were I found a new sense of profound inner stength.. visiting 'buddhist' monasteries in 'the mountains' etc.. natally Jupiter sits in my 2nd house conjunct Nth Node & Venus...

Now I know this stuff actually manifests.. I look at the 'astro-click travel' whenever I go somewhere new.. to see what energies will be highlighted for me...

Last edited:

FlyAway

I'm particulary interested how astrocartography can be used in karmic astrology.
To determine the place where we might have born in a past life.
I'm already fooling around a bit, but I'm not sure what I'm doing yet :D

Manic_Monday

FlyAway said:
I'm particulary interested how astrocartography can be used in karmic astrology.
To determine the place where we might have born in a past life.
I'm already fooling around a bit, but I'm not sure what I'm doing yet :D
Interesting! I've never thought about using astrocartography that way. It adds a new element. It could point out the places where we have had negative experiences.
Besides, it'd be very useful to people who know where they have lived in a past life.

Wave

Hi,

I am glad I got quite a few replies on this topic here!

I have also experienced that astrocartography does work for me, I will write later on some examples.

Solastro - interesting stories! Let me guess - do you have some fire sign and Gemini in your natal chart?

Fly Away - I know that the North Node in the astrocartography map shows your soul's purpose, I do not know if you can really read from an astrocartography map about your past lives, I think it is more helpfull if you want to use your potential for the best, and you want to know where would be the most beneficial places on Earth to do so. It is a stereotype to think that if you go for example to England you will be fine. If you do not have some good lines there it will not be such a pleasant journey, on the other hand you might discover that there is a place on Earth - which you never thought of - where you can fulfill your potential - and that is the main purpose of astrocartography.

Wave.

Last edited:
Dear Astrologers,
I find AstroCartography very interesting and like all others, I would also like to say that it has a great future. I have just started studying it, seems very interesting. We can find free Relocational charts from Astro.com as well we can download zet software and see which location would suit us the best. Years back, we used to relocate charts and see if particular chart had good solar returns and progressions during particular year, but in that case, sometimes what happens is, you feel like suggesting more than one location to a person within five years or ten years span. Honestly speaking, this used to confuse me quite a bit and I moved on to another technique of Vedic Astrology just to suggest which location would suit, yes or no. But with AstroCartography, I find more insights on relocation. If anyone has content, material or free data on AstroCartography Tutorials types, please let me know.
Last but not the least, if anyone knows about Indian Mythology and stories might have idea about Lord Rama. There is a villien in Lord Rama's story named Ravan who himself was a great astrologer. He had chosen to be at Shri Lanka to find career progress ha ha :) He wanted to be the greatest king but in his relocational chart had Venus in such a place that he got attracted to Lord Rama's wife Sita and that's when 'beginning of his end started'. So, AstroCartoGraphy is not so new but it is Ancient most. However, it is a pleasure to see the subject's clear picture in present times.

Regards,
Intuitive_Divinator

MichelleAnderson

I'd never really heard about astrocartography until reading this post. I'm really going to have to go out and learn about it so that I know what I think. Thanks for bringing it up!

lorieno

hello all
I personnaly love astrocartography even if I consider that, for serious relocating concerns this is only one of the many techniques.

I discovered astrocartography quite a few years ago and it really illustrates well the places in the world I lived or stayed.
For instance I lived for several years, a very bohemian, free from traditional constraints, lifestyle in northern NSW Australia where my URANUS/DSC runs. In Western Australia, where PLUTO sits on the MC I worked in Iron mines and had some memorable life/death experiences. I have Venus on the ASC right through Burma (Ma ynyar) and I totally fell in love while travelling there with a beautiful Danish woman (My Local Space Venus line runs right thru Copenhagen..).
My JUPITER/DSC line runs through Singapore, a place where I made several times, deep connections with very helpful people.

The lines of CHIRON, I have found very powerful and special places for healing (especially the CHIRON/ASC).

Kindly

autumnleaf

Wow, what a great place this is!! I have been fascinated with astrocartography for a long time. A friend did a couple of these charts for me. What was interesting to note was that, right where I have lived most of my life is where it showed up as a favorable place for several different things: love/romance, education, etc. I hate it here! I've been trying to leave this place for 20 yrs and each time I end up back here.

Some of the places it showed as not being favorable it was dead on, but this place I live just puzzles me. I suppose I could try another place since the huge line runs from N to S through the state, but I don't want to end up in BFE either! :p No matter, I still have a fascination with this subject.

pwadm

Staff member
Yes, it is a truly amazing thing! It is also very accurate and detailed if we look up also not only planets' conjunction with the main chart axis (AS/DS, MC/IC), but also the other major aspects to these axis, midpoints on these axis, the local space technique with planets directions, which I recently came across with the newest version of this software I use, Janus 4.
It really does point out differences between relocating to cities very close to each other, such as <100 miles.

Derestanne

Back in the early 1980's Astro Numeric Service, the Company Founded by Jim Lewis, who is credited with creating Astro Cartography, sent out surveys to something like 1000 people who had purchased a personal ACG Map. Astro Numeric Service asked if the Map had been helpful in improving lives and if so, in what ways.

The survey results were overwhelmingly positive. A large number responded and said that they had used their personal Maps and their lives had changed for the better.

For myself, I have found that the ACG Maps additionally provide a powerful glimpse into the personal psychology of the individual. The Maps demonstrate our attitudes and values toward other cultures and customs.
In so demonstrating, we can examine our own personal attitudes, values and prejudices more openly and objectively!

For example, why do some have Mars Lines running through Far Eastern Cultures while others have Venus lines through the very same locations?

Quoting Pink Floyd, the ACG Map reveals, "....all that we love and all that we hate; all that we destroy and all we celebrate..."

pwadm

Staff member
Derestanne said:
For example, why do some have Mars Lines running through Far Eastern Cultures while others have Venus lines through the very same locations?
Right, I have a Saturn line running through a country I don't like, and I always wondered why... Now I know, I can blame Saturn for it. :)

I really am having trouble understanding this astrocartography, but i think i need to. The east coast of australia, has been somewhat really challenging part of the world for me to live in....trouble seems to follow me around here.

I lived in England (london and brighton) for just on 5 years and had a great time. I just fitted in there better....(i had similar experiences to you Solastro, I also met a sth african man;))

Can someone point me to understanding this side of astro a bit more......if i go to astrodienst to look at the astromap, what am I actually looking for? the venus ac runs through the part of oz that i have had the most trouble....the merc ac runs through where i was born ......but it doesnt mean much to me........
would someone mind taking the time to explain............
(if it isnt too hard......)

Thank you
LG

Derestanne

Liquid Green,

The Astro Cartography Maps provided by Astrodienst do not provide a Latitude Line Crossing List. Latitude Line Crossings are only about a third as powerful as the Primary ACG Lines, but they are still essential to read and interpret!

Astrodienst is fine for a quick check of the Primary ACG Lines. But to do Astro Cartography right, you should either purchase the software employed by Astro Numeric Service (I believe it's made by Matrix Software) or order your ACG Map Kit from Astro Numeric Service in Ashland Oregon. The Astro Numeric Map Kit includes the Latitude Line Crossing List, along with a 50 + page booklet explaining every possible line or two line crossing.

Another minor difference between the Astrodienst Maps and the Astro Numeric Maps is that Astrodienst adds Chiron and Moon North Node Lines, so I like to check Astrodienst for those two particular lines.

I have personally Reported on hundreds of ACG Maps for my own Clients. I decided to go directly to Astro Numeric for my Clients Map Kits rather than purchase the software myself. Astro Numeric does such an awesome job I realized that it was pointless to "reinvent the wheel"!

I had a good look at everything that was at astrodienst, and all the zenith circles on the AC lines for me, were mainy in the ocean........really sure they'll be great spots for me!!!!! (i cant swim that well either!:D) .....although, i must say there was one spot in the amazon basin that was really interesting as i have a love of anthropology and ethnopharmacology,and have been drawn there for personal study of both, ( i have never studied these things in a college , just on my own research)......perhaps i should go there anyway......

Thanks for the tip......any idea on the price of an ACG map kit......I would like the interpretation......And because i am a mum too, i'd like to find the best spot for my son aswell..........

Moulin

OK l admit. I'm really confused. There are just so many lines!! Is there a better line (say n node/IC line) or does it not matter please?

Fascinating yet confusing :)

Derestanne

Liquid Green,

Regarding the zenith points, let me use them as an example of the correct technique of ACG interpretation.

Yes, the Zenith points are especially strong because they represent the Longitude point of focus of a Planetary Primary Line. But we have much more to take into account than simple Longitude Focal Point!

Let's suppose for example you have Venus on the Midheaven Zenith Point at Tahiti Island, French Polynesia; Longitude 149 W 27 by Latitude 17 S 37.

If you have no line crossings anywhere on Earth that occur near Latitude 17 S 37, then you will have a purely Venus Midheaven Influence on Tahiti Island. So Tahiti Island will indeed be a lovely place for you to holiday and possibly even find a romantic interest.

Now let us instead suppose that at Latitude 17 S 40, and halfway across the Globe somewhere, you have a line crossing of Jupiter and Venus. Now Tahiti Island packs a double dose of Venus and the added benefit of Jupiter! Are you ready to win a windfall of money on Tahiti Island? It could happen here!

Or instead of a Jupiter / Venus line crossing, suppose we find at Latitude 17 S 32, just 50 miles East or West of Tahiti, that you have a line crossing of Mars / Venus. Now you can expect a VERY sexy encounter when you visit Tahiti Island!!! The Mars / Venus line crossing will act as "appetite enhancement" and you may find yourself feeling more aggressive and even competitive than you normally are with both men and women alike!

So you see, the line crossings add all sorts of color and flavoring to one's Primary ACG Lines and the line crossing effect covers a ring of Latitude around the entire Globe!

You should never assume that if you have a Sun Line someplace that you will be happy and successful there. If a Saturn / Neptune line crossing also impacts the latitude of that Sun Line Location, feelings of gloom and doom will haunt you constantly at that location.

With these examples, you can appreciate that both Longitude and Latitude should always be taken into account together.

As for Astro Numeric Service, see their website: http://www.astronumerics.com/

The map ordering information is at the top right of their homepage.

thanks Derestanne,

Its really interesting and am going to check out the link now.......

Hopefully i will find the right spots for my son and i soon........

LG

Hi, look this is slightly off topic, but i must ask cos these maps have made me think of this again.
When i lived in London, I remember seeing a world map, that had I think 3 sine waves on the map. Anyway, at 14 different points, the lines crossed and at every point there was some monolith or structure there.....I only remember 4 of the points but they were: table mountain south africa...uluru (ayres rock) australia..... stonehenge england....and a place in china that has a natural pyramid( i remember i had to look up what was there) .....I cant remember with certainty the other points, and i am not going to lie!;)........... but, I really want to see this map again...........If anyone can help i'd much appreciate it......i have been looking for it again for 10 years......I would be SO happy if i could ever see it again.....

I didnt think to take a copy when i first saw it......something i now regret, and kind of kick myself for.

Derestanne

Liquid Green,

Two little things I'll add. The particular city or town you are presently living in Australia may be a problem because of an undesirable Primary Line Influence, an undesirable line crossing influence, or both. Sometimes if people move as little as 25 to 100 miles away from where they are, they can benefit from a much more desirable line influence. So rather than assume that you will have to move a great distance to change your life, first study carefully your Lines in Australia, including the line crossings. You may be pleasantly pleased to discover that the grass is "green indeed" just a short distance from where you live right now! Unless of course you have become dissatisfied with Australia as a whole - then clearly it's time to pluck out the old passport!

Number two is that the Astro Numeric Map Kit is just that; it is a "do it yourself" package. Astro Numeric Service can provide a personalized report for you (called the "Locality Report") but that carries an extra charge.

When you receive your ACG Map Kit, you should lay a copy of your Birth Chart next to your Map. Reexamine your Birth Chart with an eye to your long term goals in life and your personal environmental needs. Ask yourself what kind of environment would ideally suit the messages contained in your birth chart. And ask yourself hard questions about how far you have come along with your life and what needs to happen at this stage of your development. In other words, correlate the "blueprint of your Birth Chart" with the "location suggestions" shown on the ACG Map. Narrow down the location possibilities to about a half dozen, noting carefully the advantages and disadvantages of each.

This is how the "Pro's" do Astro Cartography and this is how I do it for each of my Clients.