Moon Squares: am I really so scary?!

Irisiel

With the sun square moon, you have to consciously give yourself time to indulge in the pursuits that your Virgo sun might consider immature and a waste of time.

You said it exactly. My moon takes a real beating; I feel guilty whenever I want to relax and do something fun. So I never completely relax and that is starting to make me sick.

Thank you for your help!

Zora

Account Closed
attachment.php

I'm a Moon square Pluto.

You are not a moon square pluto - you have a moon squared by pluto. And what makes your moon square more difficult is that your moon has no house of its own because of intercepted cancer in 10th house.

Your mental gemini moon is ruled and decided by venus as ruler of your 9th house.

But your pluto is the more strong - as he has the mental mind thought 3rd house as his home and doubled by mercury pluto conj. What mainly is of the meaning and going on in you all time..... is and trying to get control over all.:cool:

Attachments

• Irisiel Chart.jpg
    Irisiel Chart.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 102

Lin

I have not read every word of every post.

I have seen the word "moon" many many times.....but I don't think you have discussed the main dynamic of the moon's influence....and that is ''the mother'' and your relationship with her and her relationship with you and the other people in your family.

Your relationship with her was/is (if she is still in your life) very dysfunctional and highly judgemental. Your natural Virgo tendency of feeling inferior or demeaned was brought to a toxic point.

I am sure this is a lot of what you and your therapist discuss.....but having a similar toxic relationship with my mother I can tell you that is it possible to move on from that to a degree.

But first you have to be fully aware of it, and own it, and remember the relationship and maybe even accept that you were abused in more than one way.

There is an amazing book entitled "Toxic Parents" by Dr. Susan Forward.

I found it incredibly enlightening, as it expands the definition of "toxic abuse" to encompass many behaviors....

So I suggest you read that book.

LIN

Irisiel

'the mother'' and your relationship with her and her relationship with you and the other people in your family.

Your relationship with her was/is (if she is still in your life) very dysfunctional and highly judgemental. Your natural Virgo tendency of feeling inferior or demeaned was brought to a toxic point.

I am sure this is a lot of what you and your therapist discuss...

Just last night! :D

Yes, my mom is still here. My parents in their 80s are among my best friends and I've long since come to grips with their shortcomings.

BUT we talked about how I was such a perfectionist over-achiever as a child in my own world I never noticed how it affected my siblings. And by the time I got to high school and college it had gradually become taboo to even mention my achievements at all!

I felt betrayed when neighbors over for coffee asked how I was doing in college and my mom always changed the subject to what my sisters were doing.

I suppose that's a kind of abuse, even though as an adult I can see now she was responsible for the mental well-being of 4 kids, and my sister had a lot of anxiety and rebellion problems; it really can't have been easy for my mom. I guess my parents just didn't realize that, no matter how many achievements I had, I was still that Virgo who was so self-critical and had low self-esteem.

Thank you, Lin, for bringing me back to this subject at this exact moment! so I can make the connection. I swear when I 1) began therapy and 2) starting looking into my moon situation, I never ever thought we would go all cliché and end up talking about my mother!

I'm very sorry you've had to come to terms with your mother, but glad that you seem to have come out the other side with awareness. All the best to you.

I know that your post has done a lot for me today, given me a brand-new perspective as these things all come together.

What does moon squares actually mean????

Well i had an answer, sun square Moon astronomically is the "first quarter Moon" in the waxing phase when the Moon is half illuminated , or the "last" or "third quarter Moon" in the waning phase when the Moon is also half illuminated.