Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Closed Thread
Unread 08-20-2016, 05:49 PM

Re: Chat Thread

This girl seems to:

https://medium.com/@SaraJBenincasa/w...0c7#.jjc1cm5fm

Unread 08-20-2016, 06:01 PM

It is absolutely bizarre how we decided that pride is the opposite of shame.
Reading a chart (or tea leaves or chicken entrails or whathaveyou) is a very different act than reading a book. When someone reads a book, the author had a particular intent that the reader is supposed to pick up on. The main message you get from reading stars is "neener neener" because otherwise they would have made themselves easier to read.
The Following User Says Thank You to graay ghost For This Useful Post:
Oddity (08-20-2016)
Unread 08-20-2016, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebell87 View Post
CT and Bambi, you are both over-due on making a joke at your OWN expense...I will stop the 'crusade' if you do that because it shows humility.
Bambi (Eugh I love bambi and she doesn't deserve that name)
*IF* you show you are capable of making fun of yourself and not just your friends, I would happily have a friendly discussion/debate with you about over-weight people. Without it, it's giving my energy to trolls that don't deserve it.
Unread 08-20-2016, 06:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by graay ghost View Post
It is absolutely bizarre how we decided that pride is the opposite of shame.
She shames her friend for being fat at the same time as being proud of her appearance...To me, pride comes before a fall. May she learn some humility.
Unread 08-20-2016, 06:09 PM

At least she is friends with a 400 lb woman. There are many people who would not bother to befriend someone who was 400 lbs. So maybe we should back off of Bambi for now. She is brash but she has integrity, in my opinion.
Unread 08-20-2016, 06:11 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Bambi (Eugh I love bambi and she doesn't deserve that name)
*IF* you show you are capable of making fun of yourself and not just your friends, I would happily have a friendly discussion/debate with you about over-weight people. Without it, it's giving my energy to trolls that don't deserve it.
"trolls"

Uh'huh. I promised Sibylline that'd I stop with the drama and I keep my word. Kindly, back off, thanks.
Unread 08-20-2016, 06:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
At least she is friends with a 400 lb woman. There are many people who would not bother to befriend someone who was 400 lbs. So maybe we should back off of Bambi for now. She is brash but she has integrity, in my opinion.
What exactly is a friend? Enemies come in all guises. And because of her initial comment about her friend going outside, it started the landslide of people this girl has never met, talking about this girl's body in a really disrespectful way..? That's not having integrity. And that is not a friend.

Last edited by Bluebell87; 08-20-2016 at 06:22 PM.
Unread 08-20-2016, 06:13 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by katydid View Post
Friends for 10 years, I might add. 10 years spent worrying about her health and well being. But because we like to joke about it - I'm a bad girl, lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bambi95 For This Useful Post:
katydid (08-20-2016)
Unread 08-20-2016, 06:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi95 View Post
"trolls"

Uh'huh. I promised Sibylline that'd I stop with the drama and I keep my word. Kindly, back off, thanks.
*playing the victim even though she was the instigator and the only one with responsibility to her friend*
Unread 08-20-2016, 06:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Friends for 10 years, I might add. 10 years spent worrying about her health and well being. But because we like to joke about it - I'm a bad girl, lol.
Joking about it online...? Oh come on, you use her to feel better about yourself...THAT much is obvious.
Unread 08-20-2016, 06:17 PM
Banned

Also, if she had integrity - she would be able to make fun of herself, which she hasn't. To find this on an astrology forum is disgusting.
Unread 08-20-2016, 06:23 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
*playing the victim even though she was the instigator and the only one with responsibility to her friend*
I don't play the victim for anyone. Can you not read?

"I promised Sibylline that'd I stop with the drama and I keep my word. Kindly, back off, thanks."

Quote:
Joking about it online...? Oh come on, you use her to feel better about yourself...THAT much is obvious.
Now you're telling me what I feel about my friend? Lol, that's some arrogance you've got.

Anyway, I promised to drop this and I will. Won't be replying to you anymore.
Unread 08-20-2016, 06:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don't play the victim for anyone. Can you not read?

"I promised Sibylline that'd I stop with the drama and I keep my word. Kindly, back off, thanks."

Now you're telling me what I feel about my friend? Lol, that's some arrogance you've got.

Anyway, I promised to drop this and I will. Won't be replying to you anymore.
You can't reply because there is *no* justification in laughing about your 'friend's' weight online. And I see you can't make fun of yourself, how telling that you can talk ill about your friend but not yourself.

Last edited by Bluebell87; 08-20-2016 at 06:34 PM.
Unread 08-20-2016, 06:44 PM

This arguement is so d'amn unnecessary
The Following User Says Thank You to conspiracy theorist For This Useful Post:
katydid (08-20-2016)
Unread 08-20-2016, 06:46 PM
Banned

I come from a different world. I have a few over-weight friends and they do struggle with society's perception of them, but they aim to educate at the same time as believing in the beauty of themselves.

Being over-weight is caused by a number of reasons - genetics, health problems, medication side-effects, or mental health. I thought most people were aware of this. And then the stigma of having to deal with being over-weight, causes them to depress themselves and feel even more stuck.

They rejoice in their beauty! I know people who love the sight of an over-weight person. Dare I say it, can they be beautiful!! Of course they are...!!! Over-weight people are sexxxyyyy...!!!!

I've managed to upset myself over this. Maybe where I'm from, tolerance is the number one focus, seeing beauty in everything and everyone.
Unread 08-20-2016, 06:51 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
This arguement is so d'amn unnecessary
SJW's man. You've gotta see what it's like at Uni, lol. If you're not an SJW of some kind, most think of you as a racist bigot homophobe. Which is funny.
Unread 08-20-2016, 07:11 PM

Quote:
SJW's man. You've gotta see what it's like at Uni, lol. If you're not an SJW of some kind, most think of you as a racist bigot homophobe. Which is funny.
The irony is I would become crippled from laughing too hard. Then, the SJWs would take up their sword and defend my right to block the roadway with my banging wheelchair
Unread 08-20-2016, 07:22 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
The irony is I would become crippled from laughing too hard. Then, the SJWs would take up their sword and defend my right to block the roadway with my banging wheelchair
Hahaha. Being that I'm half black makes it so much worse. I constantly hear stuff about whitey ruining my life and how "oppressed" I am. It's why I'm known as the "Right wing whore" by some. xD

If you want SJW's to stand up for you, then just claim to be triggered by whatever someone says - a white knight will rise for you.
Unread 08-20-2016, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Hahaha. Being that I'm half black makes it so much worse. I constantly hear stuff about whitey ruining my life and how "oppressed" I am. It's why I'm known as the "Right wing whore" by some. xD

If you want SJW's to stand up for you, then just claim to be triggered by whatever someone says - a white knight will rise for you.
Right wing whore has a nice ring to it.

Sounds like the Oppression league is alive and well in your part of the world. One mistake you make is to think that the white knights will come to my rescue. For one, I'm not a mythological fair maiden who will give them sex after they protected my honour. Two, they'll probably apologize on behalf of all men for my soggy knees
Unread 08-20-2016, 07:42 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

All, I have closed this thread pending moderator review due to repeated attacks, sexually explicit comments, and other violations of forum rules.

Tamara

Tags
chat, hey_conspiracy_theorist, on_that_wild_side_i'll, see_you_all, shiteposting_withu, twas_an_honour