Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 02-17-2006, 10:25 PM

Your Astrology Weekly Screen Name

I was browsing through the Harmonics Board when I was inspired to create this new thread. This is purely for fun, but the ensuing discussion may hopefully prove to be insightful as well. How did you come up with your Astrology Weekly screen name?

Aquarian Maverick

Unread 02-18-2006, 12:03 AM

Re: Your Astrology Weekly Screen Name

It's my name! :P
Unread 02-18-2006, 12:25 AM

Quote:
It's my name!
The simplier the better, I say

But one of the main reasons why I started this board was because of an epiphany I had earlier today. As you all should know by now, my rising sign is Aquarius, which makes my ruling planet Uranus. No matter which house system I use, Uranus holds its own in the eleventh house...the house of Aquarius! Not only this, but my natal Uranus is stationary and about to go retrograde, intensifying its total effect on my chart! I was not aware of ANY of this when I first decided upon my screen name; I had only read a description which I felt suit me.

To add another factor into the equation, check out the Sabian Symbol for my Ascendent:

307__(7°)
OUT OF THE COSMIC EGG,LIFE IS BORN FRESH AND VIRGINAL New actuation of effort by the power of unrealized purposes. Self-expression beyond all expectation. Spiritual protection.

___*When positive, the degree is a highly individual and completely unlimited resourcefulness, and when negative, naive reliance on external accident.

Aquarian Maverick indeed :mrgreen:

Has anyone else had such an experience? Please share...

Aquarian Maverick
Unread 02-18-2006, 09:18 AM

On other astrology forums I use a made-up screen name generated by throwing tarot cards and picking up one, then creating by anagram a name.
The card corresponded to Mercury in Aquarius.
Unread 02-18-2006, 05:21 PM

That's so cool! I really have to start learning Tarot one of these days...

Quote:
Wait...which card was that? :?

Aquarian Maverick
Unread 02-19-2006, 06:21 PM

Send a message via AIM to SagittarianFire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Maverick
I was browsing through the Harmonics Board when I was inspired to create this new thread. This is purely for fun, but the ensuing discussion may hopefully prove to be insightful as well. How did you come up with your Astrology Weekly screen name?

Aquarian Maverick

I came up with my Username because I am a Sagittarius and my element is Fire. Plus Fire is my faverote element. :sagittarius2:
Unread 02-19-2006, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Plus Fire is my faverote element.
As an Aries, I can relate! I am imbued with the energy of fire; it is a part of my very identity. However, I am still an Aquarius Rising, through and through. It's strange that the water bearer should have the symbol of air

Aquarian Maverick
Unread 02-19-2006, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Wait...which card was that? :?
Six of Swords - it corresponds to Mercury in Aquarius.
See here: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astro...logy-tarot.php
Unread 02-19-2006, 07:44 PM

Radu, you sly fox, how clever! That was great.

I use Lapis for different reasons. One is the color and how that is connected to Indigo and Orion for me personally. Ancient Egypt is another reason and that is directly connected to the first reasons!

An off-subject question for you Radu. Is your natal chart displayed somewhere here that I haven't as yet discovered? I'd enjoy seeing your chart if you have made it public already. If not I certainly understand.

TRANSITIONS http://deniselefay.wordpress.com
Unread 02-19-2006, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis
An off-subject question for you Radu. Is your natal chart displayed somewhere here that I haven't as yet discovered? I'd enjoy seeing your chart if you have made it public already.
The data is given on the "About me" page: September 18, 1976, at 12:16 pm EET, in Tirgu Mures, Romania. Generate the chart using whichever program you like.
Unread 02-21-2006, 10:11 AM

Hi all,

I chose 'Draco' because I really like the name. It is an Italian name, latin for dragon or serpent, and I am fond of snakes. It is also 'the devil' in latin - :twisted:

When I do the numerology on Draco, I find that it comes to 23, one above my magick 22. :|

Draco.
Unread 02-21-2006, 11:44 AM

Quote:
How did you come up with your Astrology Weekly screen name?
Actually, I use Amzolt on almost all boards and sites. It's just my first two initials and the first four letters of my last name {Alexander M Zoltai}. It fell out of me back when I was deeply into Space Simulation games and it sounded kind of "spacey" and sort of like a "General"... The story behind the M is interesting 'cause I was born without a middle name and adopted the M many years ago when I got published as an astrologer in a local newspaper. My father {who had the same name} was in the same city and was embarrassed by his friends when they thought I was him so I added the letter to differentiate us...
Unread 02-22-2006, 03:55 AM

My name is Jen and I love the little black cat down the block from me...what more can I say about my screen name?
Unread 02-22-2006, 02:58 PM

My moon's in Pisces, hence "Lunar Pisces."
Unread 02-26-2006, 03:05 PM

Elianah is part of my Hebrew name and it means "My God has answered."

Light is only a vibration and there are vibrations faster than light.
Unread 02-27-2006, 06:04 AM

Heya

pretty obvious I guess...but it's my chart ruler too. Also, I've had some interesting transits of late (being plutoed left-right-and-centre!) and have been getting in touch with my creative side (5th house).

Good idea for a post, Am. Love your Arian pioneering spirit!

Cheers
5th
Unread 02-27-2006, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Good idea for a post, Am. Love your Arian pioneering spirit!
Thank you!

Aquarian Maverick
Unread 07-11-2006, 10:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to CalicoDreams

You're in for a long story.

So, I've always been a fan of cats ..just ..I love them. So much. ...soooo you know that movie that came out in 2001 called Cats & Dogs, where they're in a secret war? I saw that ..and I was around 10 years of age at the time. Loved it, and came home and roleplayed it online. I met so many people ...I've even met people in person ..three of them now, actually. It's because I'm not stupid and don't go chatting with freaks. WHOOoo! But yeah ..my character, Callie, was a calico cat and leader of the cat army. Since then, I've LOVED calico cats because their fur pattern and colors are beautiful. Sooo ..one day I was on my pirate-music-machine and put in the keyword 'calico' and found a song called Calico by Alien Ant Farm. Good song. In it, they go "Calico cats and calico dreams, but that ain't too real ..so just make it real." ..I think ..I haven't listened to the song in a while, but it's become a username I remember well. So I use it everywhere I go.
Born Dec. 4th, 1990 at 8:36 AM. Alexandria, VA.
<3

"God knows what we are to do! I am determined, for one, to go with my countrymen; "right or wrong, sink or swim, live or die, survive or perish," I am with them."
- William Barret Travis, a favorite Leo of mine.
Unread 07-24-2006, 07:27 PM

i'm in awe of the sky, the stars and the universe, therefore i am milkywaygirl as it has a better ring to it than universegirl
Unread 07-24-2006, 09:33 PM

Lightbulb Re: Your Astrology Weekly Screen Name

New on the forum -- thought I would just jump in, Aries Style!

Sophie is my nickname for years -- I have always wished for wisdom, and so Sophie was born. I told stories about Sophie Rose Zendik and Caliope and Adelaide Rosenbloom for years. They are cousins, but actually they are parts of me. The rose thing is part of the Grateful Dead Caleveras theme in the "Día de la Muerte" tradition.

They are great explorers. When they were young they did little-girl detective things but as they got older they toured with the Grateful Dead and then after Jerry died they had to decide what next so they smoked some ganga, consulted the oracle and decided to make revolution, cause that's what Jerry would have wanted them to do.

And in light of the sabian oracle -- mine is Aries 9 -- A SEER GAZES INTENTLY INTO A CRYSTAL BALL BEFORE HIM. I just looked it up -- but it really fits me, and makes my avatar fit me too ---

And I cannot give a simple answer. I have to tell a story. Either you like that part of me or you just ignore my posts -- your call.

Last edited by sophierose; 07-24-2006 at 09:36 PM.
Unread 08-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Banned

I have decided to change my name from Miss Saturn to Shining Ray. It was because something Tim had written about on the Pluto Transits thread. On how he changes users names to something more positive. He always called me Saturn and dropped the Miss.

I was thinking about the whole Miss part and the strange thing is I hate it when people talk to me like a young girl. I added Miss to my name because I thought people would think I was male with just the name Saturn. But it doesn't really matter what gender you are.

I want to let the light shine from my Sun, I am not saying Saturn is bad, because he isn't he is here as my teacher to help me learn about duties and responsibilities in life. Where as Saturn is the teacher and I am the personal Planet the Sun.

I have to learn about Saturn but it is about time I expressed myself, in a more positive way. New name and brand new perspective, hopefully.

Shining Ray
Unread 08-05-2006, 10:32 AM
Banned

It must me all the Mutable in my chart. I change all the time. Very adaptable.

Shining Ray
Unread 08-19-2006, 02:26 AM

Smile Re: Your Astrology Weekly Screen Name

It's my middle name. On other sites I use names relating to my Cancer placements.
Unread 08-28-2006, 01:33 AM

DainBramaged..

It`s like Brain Damaged, but with the D and B reversed for those of you who haven`t figured it out yet =)

It`s like ....a peech imspediment =)

p.s. You`d be surprised how many people don`t get my name at all lol. I`m serious, too.

What I've Learned: Be honest with yourself, some people aren't worth getting to know, the ones that are will find you interesting and valuable. "Those who mind don't matter and those who Matter don't mind." - dR. sEUSS

"The sailor doesn't ask for more wind, he learns how to sail." (I have fixed signs most of all, 1 mutable) :]
Unread 09-29-2006, 11:16 AM

Hello, all. I'm brand new here. I chose my name because...

I'm a water sign (Cancer sun, Pisces moon and Mars) and feel I can strongly identify with what they say about water signs.

The 3rd, 6th, and 9th houses look most occupied in my chart, and ending the screen name with a "9" made it rhyme. Yay.

my birth chart