Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Closed Thread
Unread 05-06-2016, 06:00 AM

Smile Re: random thought for the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
How far would one have to fall in order to break the sound barrier?

Weird thought I had today while looking at the top of the Empire state building.
You break it you buy it!

Unread 05-10-2016, 06:06 PM
Banned

Re: random thought for the day

when i think about the 80s, regardless of what i was listening to* (not human league for sure) i think

i'm gary numan, of flesh and blood i'm made
i'm gary numan, born to make mistakes

*al jourgensen covered in shake n bake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQozjL_Xi88

kids today, with their internet, don't realise how bleak the precedent decades were. the 80s didn't start with this wave of "we're rock n roll and we're gonna change everything," we started with this crushing weight of "rock n roll didn't change sh*t"

there was no logging on way to outreach and communicate with others, you got radio, tv, t-shirts and bumper stickers (and waving garfields that adhered to your windshield) and talking about it in school, where you found a heavily divided, stigmatised and cliqueish society, eg. "revenge of the nerds".

electronic music was like.. tangerine dream, or depeche mode. and "hiphop" was using drum machines like the 808 at the time.

in 1986, 1987, before acid house (psychic tv) even happened.. i remember.. this...

skinny puppy was like... "hey, what's that, it's like rap music, but without rapping..." i'm serious...

...what a refreshing idea... an electronic rhythm without some english guy singing about being in love or a black american going "bubba boy b a hip to the hippity". maybe it was hip but people couldn't relate, it sounded like dumb nonsense which was the only way people could get away with saying anything intelligent in those days.

if you weren't black or wore eyeliner you didn't listen to electronic music in those days.

i'll say it again:

if you weren't black or wore eyeliner you did not listen to electronic music in those days.

when van halen released "jump!" in 1985?? which had a keyboard riff in it,

people thought,

"are van halen GAY because they use a keyboard? that's not a real instrument."

and anyone who make electronic music through to the 00's can tell you, the "that's not a real instrument" thought hung on for a looong time.

seriously. people could not handle a keyboard in a rock song. people who liked van halen were distraught.

suddenly...

cyberpunk.

skinny puppy, ministry, front 242, severed heads.

before that, "people are people" was hardcore electronic!

and we're into 1987, 1988 now.. it was 88, 89 when people started talking about "cyberpunk".

for real.

before that, if you found out about coil, the swans, you'd feel kind of blessed to even know the name of the group, it was rare information.

where are you going to find it out? the record store? magazines? the radio? if your city had a show at 1am that played that kind of stuff, you were fortunate. there wasn't a name for it.

industrial rock, with drum machines *and* guitars was a long way off.

it was.. 1990 when nine inch nails did that for the public? ministry/the revolting cocks beat them by a year, "the mind is a terrible thing to taste" but no one was listening to ministry, that was subversive.

understand a culture, where a statement like "a mind is a terrible thing to taste" is real.

us 80's kids, were all ducking down, either trying to look normal or getting the cack beat out of us, social networking was a telephone. it was a big deal if you had an extra line in your room, where you could talk privately to friends without your family knowing.

you kids today, don't know what it was like, to live in a cultural desert, with absolutely no sign of anyone in the world, being even slightly sensible about anything.. music was all rap, rock, or pop, unless you were jamaican or african.

in 1988 i used to drive to the university to meet a special club where someone was sent packages of VHS tapes from japan each month to watch "orange road" or "city hunter".

just so we could know, there was someone in the world, producing media, that wasn't completely mentally retarded about selling stupidity.

what did the seventies give us? "i feel like making love.. drrr nrrr nrrr.. drrr nrr nrrrr.." no i don't feel like making love i feel like i'm in some kind of nazi prison and i have no desire to bring anyone else into this hell.

at least, nowadays, you know there are people in the world who feel the same way, and have something to pass the time.

Last edited by noraleader; 05-10-2016 at 06:21 PM.
Unread 05-12-2016, 08:40 PM
Banned

on topic..

maybe i'm looking at too many charts, as i'm still "casual" about absorbing the experience of astrology..

realised today, pluto transits.. and haven't i seen a bunch of young folks on this forum (all them pluto in scorpios) with some heavy stelliums in aquarius and capricorn?

maybe not, maybe i'm all mixed up..

..i guess those folks are going to have, or are having, a heavy time.. if there really are a lot of them, then a lot of folks are all going to be having a heavy time at once?

i don't like to talk about doomsday, revolution, armageddon, because it seems to me that these kinds of predictions are used *intentfully* in this culture to weaken people, make them spend money on survival gear instead of pursuing things they could "succeed in society" with.

it's a bugger isn't it.. gotta finish my software so finally, i can have an easy reference for when these future conjuncts and transitions will be instead of punching dates into websites over and over again ("oh no, retrograde.." *punches dozens more dates trying to find the conjunct*)

*beware uninformedness in the above*
Unread 05-13-2016, 12:34 AM
Banned

losing..

a theme "repeated in astrological interpretations" is that loss is not necessarily a negative event, "but rather stripping to the essentials and shedding anything not necessary". at least, i see that in a lot of posts..

anyway, i thought i'd denote some perspective for people who are maybe younger and used to a secure environment.

my great grandfather lived in a mansion in wales. certainly not a big mansion, and by modern american standards it wouldn't even register, but by the contemporary standards, a mansion. it was sold and eventually bulldozed for apartments when i was young.

i spent my teens in a modest house in tucson, it would fit in some peoples' living rooms, but it was the same house, for a long time, and it had a front and a back yard. more than many people have.

for a while, later in life, i had my own house, car and music studio. one day i came home the doors were ripped off the building and the studio was in the house across the street.

i've lived in some interesting places all in all.. a tent in NSW for a year. maybe things i ought to keep to myself. during that time, several people were exceptionally nice to me and offered eg. to let me move into their house. i used to spend the days in a computer repair store, which gave me free power and internet. nice people.

because i have long hair, some people want to think i'm a crack head. some people seem to want to insist on it. other people recognise that i come from a good background, good family, good education, the length of my hair doesn't bother them.

this reflects on the people making the call.

i guess i've talked a lot about my particularities here, elsewhere, this thread..

..when someone tries to p*ss me off by damaging something or threatening, it's not the first time, or the thousandth time. i don't waste my energy feeling hurt, i see it as an expression of their own desperation, whether they're doing it for profit or for their gang or because they're clueless.

the way i see it, they've lost more than i, they've already lost something in themselves. maybe it's something they never had in the first place.

that's why i write all this - you can go about in the world, winning or losing, without realising that cultivating what's inside of you is more valuable than any material thing you can own or posess or win or lose.

i guess that's kind of cheeseball fortune cookie ethics, but it's true. whether you're afraid of loss or trying to take something from someone else because you think it's going to make you stronger, i hope you realise, put that attention back into yourself. because the world is here day after day for you to realise that one simple thing. cultivate your self. put that attention back into you.
The Following User Says Thank You to noraleader For This Useful Post:
haidee (05-13-2016)
Unread 05-13-2016, 05:13 PM
Banned

what a world..

O_o

so yesterday.. someone posts their first post, #1.. and i recognise the name from before my interest in astrology..

..they used to have a syndicated radio show, god knows how many stations.. and do a bit on sunsigns i'd hear inbetween the other shows i listened to.. ages ago..... "back in the day"

so they post a couple paragraphs about mars retrograde, "for more, visit my homepage"

okay, sure

read, read, mars transit blah blah.. scroll down.

oh, a picture of two nude women. well, it's sort of arty.

read, read, scroll, scroll.

ooh, more nude.

read + scroll more nude.

nude.

nude.

i don't think sex is "dirty" as it happened to everybody at least at the point of conception, it's something that is highly stigmatised and an energy i don't think is appropriate for all activities. in the u.k. one gets used to the bared bosom, it's not censored (or wasn't in the 1970's). but if you're reading a math textbook and suddenly there's a picture of a naked, posed body, you wonder, am i supposed to be thinknig about math right now?

so after several pictures i see... okay.. that *is* explicit right there..

..the post isn't on the forum today. i don't know if this expert astrologer will be back or not.

i was intrigued by their first post as it offered an interpretation i didn't catch by mars retro, but in.. retrospect.. i can see now how their interpretation and presentation was part of something else.. maybe an internal process within the author. but it was almost like a ritual, pretty gross. yep, the pictures got gross. and i think what they were saying about mars retrograde was part of a larger, intentional scheme.

their comment about "i believe my audience is mainly women" was like a feint.. a weak lie, maybe self deception.

thinking about it, with their syndication, this author could well have a million, or millions in income, which, according to the caption for the photographic images, they used to publish a book of nude photographs. maybe they're a madonna fan. maybe their job is to debase people. maybe they have demons. i don't know.

the whole idea that a wealthy, financially enabled, widely syndicated author would post ..the content they posted.. really should make anyone think... what are they trying to accomplish? is this an astrology lesson or are you trying to degrade the reader?

maybe they've got a lot of scorpio in their chart, but they oughta know.. that kind of debasement isn't relevant to everyone.. TMI bro.

Last edited by noraleader; 05-13-2016 at 05:16 PM.
Unread 05-13-2016, 06:03 PM
Banned

you can tell how novice i am at astrology..

so you start off, all these symbols mean something, and you put the symbols together and "synthesize" or interpret the relevancy of these adjuncts.. ..that was my first step..

..then, the idea becomes clear, these outer planets are *slow* which means like.. you can identify generations by their outer planetary placements..

..suddenly, astrology is no longer a floating mass of free symbols that fall together in adjunct to tell a story, it's a bunch of *givens*

..like.. i just clued into the people born several years before me have a uranus-pluto in virgo conjunction... and this conjunction has a whole series of conjunctions that *have happened* to this generation of people in series.. ..not a free-floating mass of symbols to interpret, but a recorded, solid history of events that are gonig to apply to people born in that period..

..so now.. astrology becomes an immense volume of known particularities instead of something that can be easily formed out of elementary parts..

..since i talk about this a lot, maybe you've read it... to me, i see this like audio dsp... i'm interested in procedural audio synthesis.. make anything out of parts instantly.. there's another part of audio processing that is all reference, all prerecorded.. processing samples.. you don't make something instantly out of elemental parts like oscillators and filters.. you have a *reference* like 5 gigs of bosendorfer piano samples.. all prerecorded, all exact, all data, no free form.. weighty stuff...

..respect to all the practiced astrologers who bear with it and absorb all of these events so that they can offer people what insight they are able to..
Unread 05-20-2016, 01:07 AM
Banned

i liked this post enough to duplicate it here.
>>>>>>>>
....i've experienced a lot of... ...trouble.. in life.. of various forms..

..and while there are other possibilities, the one connection between these unrelated events is you.

by being aware and concerned about impending troubles, you may be giving subtle signs to people who eg. need to "predate energetically" on someone who they can afflict and get a reaction out of.. you may also tend to feel more dismay because you feel it is fated.

when unfortunate or unpleasant things occur, remember, this is your universe, and each of these experiences are a gift to yourself, in one way or another. by feeling glad, or at least bemused, by the mystery of existence, instead of haunted and hunted, you can reduce energy that may trigger "unuseful" experiences eg. rejection, challenges. "gratitude" is a transcendental state.

even the word "difficult" may on the one hand be true, on the other hand, it may stigmatise what is better looked at in another sense. some spiritual traditions see pleasantness as more dangerous and "challenging" than unpleasantness, because it lures you into security and comfort, instead of awareness and consideration. constant danger is constant alertness... it would be nice to just do the alertness without the threats
Unread 05-27-2016, 11:37 PM
Banned

don't tread on an ant
he's done nothing to you
cut off his head
legs come looking for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm9drIwmmU4

adam had a good heart, for all of that, what were people hearing? it is said, "when the foot touches the ground, the foot feels the foot" might have well have been talking gibberish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B2a6l6wM2k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hEn_rEDzp0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6zstmlOjLs before
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yca6UsllwYs
Unread 05-28-2016, 01:36 PM
Banned

power puts the "owe" in the "p.r."

just skimmed through this.. doc on red headed, green eyed bloodlines in new zealand (also polynesia and south america)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z6PlYiQSTs

interesting translation of the gosford glyphs, a bit dry and long but validating egyptian trade/presence in australia (eg. egyptian use of boomerangs) easy to find, just avoid the guy who interprets the panels as pleiadean starseed "here's the ufo glyph again" haha.. the glyphs are phonetic elements, not strictly representational..
Unread 05-28-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noraleader View Post

don't tread on an ant
he's done nothing to you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
AppLeo (05-29-2016), Blaze (05-28-2016), noraleader (05-28-2016)
Unread 05-28-2016, 07:55 PM

Expressed apathy.

I still struggle with understanding such a thing.

I mean, if someone really doesn't care for something, what is the point of going online and diving into that subject just to say "I don't care" and leave. Is there some reason for expressing apathy? When I truly don't care for something, like say, baking cakes. I don't go into a discussion about baking cakes just to tell everyone how stupid baking is then end it all with a Idgaf.

It's just silly. And I honestly think those people are looking for attention.

Here's a thought: If you really don't care about something then it shouldn't cross your mind, maybe don't express apathy since expressed apathy isn't apathy at all.
Unread 05-28-2016, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Expressed apathy.

I mean, if someone really doesn't care for something, what is the point of going online and diving into that subject just to say "I don't care" and leave. Is there some reason for expressing apathy? When I truly don't care for something, like say, baking cakes. I don't go into a discussion about baking cakes just to tell everyone how stupid baking is then end it all with a Idgaf.

Here's a thought: If you really don't care about something then it shouldn't cross your mind, maybe don't express apathy since expressed apathy isn't apathy at all.
Personally, I find I'm apathetic about apathy.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
Blaze (05-28-2016)
Unread 05-29-2016, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Wow JA that was really inspiring. I love it

Quote:
Expressed apathy.

I know right! Like, I hate football, but I don't stay after school and tell the football players to jump off a bridge.
Unread 05-30-2016, 05:50 AM

Do Aussie's celebrate Christmas in the middle of summer?? Does it snow in winter for them or like... No it can't snow for them during our winter; it snows for them during our summer, which means that they celebrate christmas without snow. WHAT
Unread 05-30-2016, 11:08 AM
Banned

it is as you say. christmas is during the hottest part of the year, july is winter. i spent ~a year in NSW and wrote this while walking across a moonlit field of snow in july.

https://xoxos.bandcamp.com/track/moonlight-in-july
Unread 05-30-2016, 06:17 PM

Was that Wagtail looking at him/herself in the van side mirror or thinking it was a mate or trying to see if their was webs or insects to eat....anyway it was interesting to watch
..i didn't check for insects....i should of
Now i am forever going to wonder what that Wagtail was doing...??
Why do they wag their tail again...? I forget
hmm shell, sea, pisces, underwater, not seen
FORGOTTON
Unread 05-30-2016, 06:40 PM

What would happen.. if we banned canola oil in the U.S?
Unread 06-03-2016, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
What would happen.. if we banned canola oil in the U.S?
Then palm oil would probably be used more and that would be a sad, sad thing.

----

Here's a random thought I had while sitting in the doctors office today.

"I've got time"

This saying is funny as I believe it born from hubris.

No matter how rich, poor, tall, short, beautiful, ugly, old or young, fat or skinny, Leftist or right wing, religious or spiritual, NO man, woman or child has time. Time, my friends, has you and when it's done with you....times up.
Unread 06-03-2016, 02:51 AM

What if you could stop Time for as long as you liked and then just start it up again? Could you use the ability wisely? (Assuming this was your own, personal, secret ability.)
Unread 06-03-2016, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
What if you could stop Time for as long as you liked and then just start it up again? Could you use the ability wisely? (Assuming this was your own, personal, secret ability.)

I.....wouldn't know what to do with such an ability.

Well, I wouldn't know GOOD things to do with that power.
Unread 06-03-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:

What if you could stop Time

for as long as you liked
one could not have stopped time
given the condition
"for as long as you liked"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 06-03-2016, 04:20 PM

Quote:

and then
is a phrase dependent on the concept of Time
therefore Time could not have 'stopped'

Quote:

just start it up again?

what if there was no time to do that

Quote:

Could you use the ability wisely?

(Assuming this was your own, personal, secret ability.)

Unread 06-04-2016, 01:27 PM

Why does my cat only swear at doves and pidgeons and not any other bird.
FORGOTTON
Unread 06-04-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
I would not eat that whole box of biscuits that is now giving me arrrrrrgh pain in belly.

Time stops for no man
FORGOTTON
Unread 06-05-2016, 12:37 AM

I will summon Dialga; the pokemon of time!!!