Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Modern Astrology

Modern Astrology For discussions on Modern Astrology only. (Note: Typically, modern astrology is defined as using techniques developed around the late 1800s by Theosophists. Specifically it relies on psychological, evolutionary, karmic, and non-western interpretation approaches and includes Neptune, Uranus and Pluto, and non-Ptolemaic aspects. The focus is more on psychological chart interpretation instead of prediction.)


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 05-16-2019, 11:10 PM
YonyGursho YonyGursho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 274
Which planet represents progress?

Uranus, Jupiter, or Saturn?

Uranus represents radical change as a concept, change in general as a concept, the future as a concept.

Of course this doesn't necessarily mean a future that is good; and keep in mind too that progress always = improvement.

Jupiter represents expansion as a concept and growth as a concept. It also represents glory, honors, gifts, happiness, success, and prosperity.

Saturn represents limits as a concept and work as a concept. It also represents suffering, trials, errors, challenges, sorrows, pain, endurance, and structure.

Which represents progress as a concept?

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 05-17-2019, 08:10 PM
norbertsco norbertsco is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 19
Re: Which planet represents progress?

Hello,

I think the Jupiter and the Libra Venus show progress.
The Jupiter makes a "tolerant put together".
This tolerant means he do not do it very exactly.
The Libra Venus makes growing together.
And the Libra Venus is so diplomatic she mix also together the white sheeps with the black sheeps.

Some other planets are helpful.
The Uranus is able to make something very quickly.

But perhaps this "quickly" is only so quickly we are not able to see an
evoloutionary development.
This is the deeper reason Uranus stands for revolution.

What planets are definitly not making progress to the future?
This is the Saturn.
The Saturn tells the things of the past and wants to determine
that over the presence to the future.
That is the dependence of the future from the past.

The Pluto is the genetically information of the past.
The Pluto is the director that controls the influences of
the past to the future.

Jupiter and Libra Venus have their own and new thouhgts of future
and make something new against the will of Saturn and Pluto.

Best regards
norbertsco
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to norbertsco For This Useful Post:
tenacapcious (05-17-2019)
  #3  
Unread 05-17-2019, 10:57 PM
greybeard greybeard is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rural Idaho
Posts: 3,527
Re: Which planet represents progress?

Jupiter is Expansion.
Venus is Assimilation.
Mars is Penetration.

So I guess Progress depends on Whether you're selling franchises, negotiating with a potential partner, or engineering a hostile leveraged takeover.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Useful Post:
Flapjacks (05-19-2019)
  #4  
Unread 05-18-2019, 02:14 AM
YonyGursho YonyGursho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 274
Re: Which planet represents progress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
Jupiter is Expansion.
Venus is Assimilation.
Mars is Penetration.

So I guess Progress depends on Whether you're selling franchises, negotiating with a potential partner, or engineering a hostile leveraged takeover.
Im not talking about natal planets. Just what the planets in general represent. I want to know which planet rules the concept of progress. Not what natal planet rules it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 05-19-2019, 05:36 PM
wilsontc's Avatar
wilsontc wilsontc is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 6,682
back to astrology, to all

all,

Please get back to astrology. If all you have to add to the thread are grammar lessons and philosophical guesses DON'T post. If you want to put in some astrology into your points, then you can post.

Back to astrology,

Tim
__________________
To learn basic astrological chart interpretation for your chart see:
http://learnaboutyourastrochart.jimdo.com/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 05-19-2019, 07:23 PM
Osamenor's Avatar
Osamenor Osamenor is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,651
Re: Which planet represents progress?

Are you talking about social progress, or individual progress?

If you mean social progress, I think it's all three of the planets you named, together.

Uranus for change, revolution, new technologies, movement of the people.

Jupiter for optimism, vision, and opportunities. Collectively, Jupiter also represents belief: social mores, religion, politics.

Saturn for structure, and for keeping progress on track. While Saturn is extremely conservative, it's a kind of conservatism that can actually be progressive. With Saturn, we understand what needs to be preserved, and get the idea of bringing back old ways if they seem to be what we need right now. For example, organic farming is very Saturnian: a return to older methods, eschewing chemical pesticides and fertilizers and genetically engineered crops, in the interests of preserving the environment and seed stocks and better food. Yet, organic farming is also a progressive movement.

Social progress requires all of those planets. It won't work with just one of them.

If you're talking about individual progress, I would pay more attention to the sun: what's transiting it, what's happening with the progressed sun. Solar arc progressions may also be useful here. A person's Jupiter, Saturn, and Uranus tell us something about who and what may help them progress, but I would look at the sun first.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Osamenor For This Useful Post:
boleyn (06-27-2019), Flapjacks (05-19-2019), YonyGursho (05-19-2019)
  #7  
Unread 05-19-2019, 09:09 PM
YonyGursho YonyGursho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 274
Re: Which planet represents progress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Are you talking about social progress, or individual progress?

If you mean social progress, I think it's all three of the planets you named, together.

Uranus for change, revolution, new technologies, movement of the people.

Jupiter for optimism, vision, and opportunities. Collectively, Jupiter also represents belief: social mores, religion, politics.

Saturn for structure, and for keeping progress on track. While Saturn is extremely conservative, it's a kind of conservatism that can actually be progressive. With Saturn, we understand what needs to be preserved, and get the idea of bringing back old ways if they seem to be what we need right now. For example, organic farming is very Saturnian: a return to older methods, eschewing chemical pesticides and fertilizers and genetically engineered crops, in the interests of preserving the environment and seed stocks and better food. Yet, organic farming is also a progressive movement.

Social progress requires all of those planets. It won't work with just one of them.

If you're talking about individual progress, I would pay more attention to the sun: what's transiting it, what's happening with the progressed sun. Solar arc progressions may also be useful here. A person's Jupiter, Saturn, and Uranus tell us something about who and what may help them progress, but I would look at the sun first.
So you're saying that not any one of those three planets alone represents the concept that is progress? I honestly agree. If anything, they all represent different types of progress.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 05-20-2019, 05:03 PM
greybeard greybeard is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Rural Idaho
Posts: 3,527
Re: Which planet represents progress?

Each planet, personal or collective, travels along its ordained path. We could say "it makes progress"

We, as living beings, move along our life-path. We make progress, to a greater or lesser extent.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 05-20-2019, 05:07 PM
petosiris's Avatar
petosiris petosiris is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 2,252
Re: Which planet represents progress?

The beneficent planets Jupiter, Venus and Moon are fertile and active.
The maleficent planets Saturn and Mars are destructive and passive.
The common planets Sun and Mercury cooperate with either group.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to petosiris For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (05-20-2019)
  #10  
Unread 06-23-2019, 03:52 AM
CapAquaPis's Avatar
CapAquaPis CapAquaPis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ...in the sidereal astrological system.
Posts: 2,084
Talking Re: Which planet represents progress?

It has to be the planet with the funny name: Uranus...a planet of revolution and innovation to change humanity and the world, also the ruler of the sign known for libertine and scientific advancement: Aquarius (my sun and moon signs).
__________________
or , I have the same ruling planets: Uranus and Saturn. I see the Cancer rising. Aries in the MC and Venus was her name!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 06-25-2019, 11:25 AM
Zora Zora is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 91
Re: Which planet represents progress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YonyGursho View Post
Uranus, Jupiter, or Saturn?

Uranus represents radical change as a concept, change in general as a concept, the future as a concept.

Of course this doesn't necessarily mean a future that is good; and keep in mind too that progress always = improvement.

Jupiter represents expansion as a concept and growth as a concept. It also represents glory, honors, gifts, happiness, success, and prosperity.

Saturn represents limits as a concept and work as a concept. It also represents suffering, trials, errors, challenges, sorrows, pain, endurance, and structure.

Which represents progress as a concept?
I would call saturn's influence more as concentration and a higher focus on something- blending out personal (ego) purposes for a certain sense in life. And not as limits. And most progress I experienced in my life was due to saturn transits.



Saturn always demands and asks for concepts and structure and rules to be respected. No success in life without a good saturn. Saturn represents in body the spine and the bones- and what would our human "meat" be and going without bones and spine ?



Jupiter can also be seen as a "much more" of something- and if your health is bad in that moment -it could get much more worse with a jupiter transit. I experienced jupiter in transit once as very horrible trip I never forgot (not in health area - different) and that time he was "so nice" to take more time with a retrograde period.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zora For This Useful Post:
YonyGursho (06-25-2019)
  #12  
Unread 06-25-2019, 02:49 PM
YonyGursho YonyGursho is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 274
Re: Which planet represents progress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zora View Post
I would call saturn's influence more as concentration and a higher focus on something- blending out personal (ego) purposes for a certain sense in life. And not as limits. And most progress I experienced in my life was due to saturn transits.



Saturn always demands and asks for concepts and structure and rules to be respected. No success in life without a good saturn. Saturn represents in body the spine and the bones- and what would our human "meat" be and going without bones and spine ?



Jupiter can also be seen as a "much more" of something- and if your health is bad in that moment -it could get much more worse with a jupiter transit. I experienced jupiter in transit once as very horrible trip I never forgot (not in health area - different) and that time he was "so nice" to take more time with a retrograde period.

I agree Saturn is concentration and structure and rules. Which is only because Saturn is limitations and sufferings. But at the same time, saturn's influence brings about maturity and growth because limitations and facing problems forces us to grow stronger.

Jupiter is about ignoring structure and rules and concentrations and maturity (all things Saturn) for the sole purpose of expansion, fun and freedom. Thats jupiters theme.

Uranus is about ignoring structure and rules and concentration and maturity but for the sole purpose of CHANGING the rules to more socially acceptable and socially advanced rules.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 06-27-2019, 01:57 AM
CapAquaPis's Avatar
CapAquaPis CapAquaPis is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ...in the sidereal astrological system.
Posts: 2,084
Smile Re: Which planet represents progress?

Leaving out modern or outer planets like Uranus out of the picture, Mercury is relative to progress, science, innovation, communication and even astrology.
__________________
or , I have the same ruling planets: Uranus and Saturn. I see the Cancer rising. Aries in the MC and Venus was her name!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Unread 09-17-2019, 10:09 AM
LoveGuruAstrologers's Avatar
LoveGuruAstrologers LoveGuruAstrologers is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: India
Posts: 3
Re: Which planet represents progress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by norbertsco View Post
Hello,

I think the Jupiter and the Libra Venus show progress.
The Jupiter makes a "tolerant put together".
This tolerant means he do not do it very exactly.
The Libra Venus makes growing together.
And the Libra Venus is so diplomatic she mix also together the white sheeps with the black sheeps.

Some other planets are helpful.
The Uranus is able to make something very quickly.

But perhaps this "quickly" is only so quickly we are not able to see an
evoloutionary development.
This is the deeper reason Uranus stands for revolution.

What planets are definitly not making progress to the future?
This is the Saturn.
The Saturn tells the things of the past and wants to determine
that over the presence to the future.
That is the dependence of the future from the past.

The Pluto is the genetically information of the past.
The Pluto is the director that controls the influences of
the past to the future.

Jupiter and Libra Venus have their own and new thouhgts of future
and make something new against the will of Saturn and Pluto.

Best regards
norbertsco
I agree with JUPITER and LIBRA
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
planet, progress, represents

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.