Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 09-26-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post

"Cancerian real ground"
So be it

And for Aquarius is the wave of ideas..

Unread 09-26-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Except for the Sun itself, they're ALL measured points along the Ecliptic, unless the Moon or Planet is actually AT its node. Otherwise, their positions are TRANSLATED onto the Zodiacal plane, using lines of Celestial Longitude which are perpendicular to the Celestial Equator.
Give me more info and relation to our conversation so far.. Thx
Unread 09-26-2018, 01:51 PM

Smile Re: Ruling Planet Earth

The Earth both receives and sends, and the Ecliptic is the means of reception as well as transmission. The Ecliptic is Earth's orbital-plane, and is our zodiacal circle, tracked by the Sun when viewed from the Earth.
Unread 09-26-2018, 01:56 PM

The Ecliptic is a an astrological resonance field, and the Signs are differentiated resonance frequencies, measured along the circle.
Unread 09-26-2018, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhichSabri View Post
So be it

Mind-waves.
Unread 09-26-2018, 02:03 PM

Aquarian Mind-waves carry emotional content, which is astrologically designated as "Water". Hence, the "Water Bearer".
Unread 09-26-2018, 02:12 PM

Quote:
The Ecliptic is a an astrological resonance field, and the Signs are differentiated resonance frequencies, measured along the circle.
Perfect. As I mentioned before my researches are merely based on intuition and mythology/symbolism surface study and lack of technical astrological terms. Thanks you.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhichSabri For This Useful Post:
david starling (09-26-2018)
Unread 09-26-2018, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Aquarian Mind-waves carry emotional content, which is astrologically designated as "Water". Hence, the "Water Bearer".
True 100%. Ideas, what they bear and pour is ideas..the new wave, or trends if you may..their time is on!

Phoebe and Ganymede.. The long abducted teenagers..
david starling (09-26-2018)
Unread 09-26-2018, 03:24 PM

Re: Ruling Planet Earth

Quote:

So be it
Quote:

Mind-waves.
Quote:

Aquarian Mind-waves carry emotional content, which is astrologically designated as "Water".

Hence, the "Water Bearer".

Quote:

True 100%. Ideas, what they bear and pour is ideas
..the new wave, or trends if you may..their time is on!

Phoebe and Ganymede.. The long abducted teenagers..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 09-26-2018, 05:39 PM

Quote:
The Earth both receives and sends, and the Ecliptic is the means of reception as well as transmission. The Ecliptic is Earth's orbital-plane, and is our zodiacal circle, tracked by the Sun when viewed from the Earth.
Nice and simple.
Unread 09-26-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Ceres (Demetra) is the goddess of agricultural. Taurus is more close to have such characteristics, while Virgo is analytical having the brainy characteristics of Athena (Minerva). Athena and Demetra I use as epithets to Earth and not as being the asteroids (dwarf planet).
Yeah well, I disagree with you.
Unread 09-27-2018, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
Yeah well, I disagree with you.
Yeah, well, everyone agrees on everything in this community, so you're out of line.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
GemwDepth (09-27-2018)
Unread 09-27-2018, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Yeah, well, everyone agrees on everything in this community, so you're out of line.
I don’t care.
Unread 09-27-2018, 05:51 AM

Ok children...!

Back to Earth and hijacking the post...

Does anyone actually know of any astrological techniques with Earth as a focal point? Or at least a glyph on a chart for some useful purpose?

Last edited by GemwDepth; 09-27-2018 at 06:16 AM.
Unread 09-27-2018, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Talking about Earth as a ruling Planet of a zodiac sign or possibly two.. Earth's seen part, the part we stand on ruling a sign and Earth's unseen part (similar to your geocentric description) ruling another sign.. Astrology is the science of energies.. If nobody was trying to hide or misunderstand something, astrology would stand in integrity same as her sister sciences, example maths, and would be taught since primary school.. Simple as that.
Whoah, hold on there. The earth isn't a planet in astrology's geocentric, topocentric cosmos because it is where we stand. It's not there up in the sky.

Moreover, sign rulers have serious work to do in a horoscope as house cusp rulers (lords.) Until someone demonstrates that the earth actually functions well as a house cusp lord, there's no point in simply assigning rulerships based upon hypothetical affinities.

There are many sound reasons why astrology is not taught in school today. For one thing, it is not a science in the sense that biochemistry and physics are sciences, and claiming that astrology is a science just makes us look like a bunch of dummies who don't know what science is.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
Unread 09-27-2018, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemwDepth View Post
Something very controversial you may like:

1. The Bible describes a fixed, flat Earth, around which the Sun, Moon, and stars revolve.

2. There is a reigning conspiracy theory that the Earth is actually flat. Earth is a flat, fixed center of the universe, around which everything in the heavens revolves. The conspiracy theory and its proponents are wholly unrelated to astrology.

If the Earth is indeed flat, and we are casting an astrological chart from where we are on earth in relation to the heavens above, wouldn't the entire astrological chart and wheel just make so much more sense now?

Tinker with the theory a bit before you reply.
The Babylonians believed in a flat earth when they invented mundane astrology. The ancient Greeks, however, hypothesized a spherical earth and later were able to demonstrate it mathematically. It was their spherical geometry that advanced horoscopic astrology. Quadrant house systems are based on the principle of a spherical planet.

But here-- try these simple methods for school children:
https://www.popsci.com/10-ways-you-c...earth-is-round

My favourite is #6. Ride a plane.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.

Last edited by waybread; 09-27-2018 at 06:52 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
GemwDepth (09-27-2018)
Unread 09-27-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GemwDepth View Post
Ok children...!

Back to Earth and hijacking the post...

Does anyone actually know of any astrological techniques with Earth as a focal point? Or at least a glyph on a chart for some useful purpose?
I use a measured interval the length of a Sign, taking 30 degrees as a basic unit of astrological measurement. This represents the circle of the Ecliptic as viewed from Earth, as the "Part that Represents the Whole" of the circle. Since it's Earth's orbital-plane, this Ecliptical-representative tells us about Earth's influence on the Chart, when it's located using an important terrestrial characteristic, and transits the Chart due to a terrestrial movement.

The type of Astrology known as "sidereal" locates the measured 30 degree Signs using the Zodiacal constellations. This makes available the Earth's axial tilt, whereby the Earth's equatorial-plane is at an angle to Earth's orbital-plane, our plane of measurement which we divide into the 12 equal Sign-parts. The line of intersection of these planes is delineated by the Sun's position twice a seasonal year, at the beginning of the Spring and Fall, and is known as the Equinoctial Line. These are used as boundary-locators for 2 of the 12 Signs in the type of Astrology known as "tropical", which is most widely used in the Western Hemisphere. But sidereally, they are available as boundary-locators for 2 of the measured Ecliptical-intervals.
I locate them using the Equinoctial-line to anchor their leading boundaries in the direction of motion, which is retrograde through the Zodiacal-signs. This means they will each converge with a Sign, once every 2148 years. The movement is due to a terrestrial characteristic known as Earth's "wobble" as it rotates , which shifts the Equinoctial Line relative to the constellations. The image I use is that of an hourglass, by connecting the first and last boundaries of the Ecliptical-representatives on either side of the circle, which forms a narrow, X-like diagram. I call it "Gaia's Hourglass", because it tells us Earth's astrological-effect in a sidereal Chart. I call the Ecliptical-representatives "Age Intervals" , because of the extremely long time between each Convergence.

For tropical Astrology, I use only one Age Interval, using a different terrestrial feature--the centerline of Earth's elliptical orbit. The Equinoctial Line is already in use for locating tropical Signs, and has therefore no tropical movement through the Zodiac. But, again due to Earth's wobble, the orbital center-line shifts relative to the Equinoxes, with Direct-movement, and does travel through the tropical Chart. And, it's a centerline rather than a boundary-locator, so this tropical Age Interval is centered on the centerline, at the point marked by the Sun at the time of Earth's Perihelion, when Earth is closest to the Sun. The movement is extremely slow in this case as well, with a Convergence of the transiting Age Interval with a tropical Sign once every 1750 years. Because it's centered, the image is that of a trident, and I've named it "Gaia's Trident", a name for the "Trident of Earthly Authority" in the Ancient Greek religion.

So, the reading of Earth's astrological-effect differs from tropical to sidereal, both in Sign and in direction of motion. Except for the current situation, whereby the first points of both Gaia's Trident tropically, and the first point of Gaia's Hourglass in the Northern Hemisphere siderealy, are approaching a boundary of the Sign-interval known as "Aquarius", in both coordinate-systems. Siderealy, the next Convergence will be with the Sign known as Pisces, at which time Pisces will become the "Background Age" Sign to the "Foreground Age" of Aquarius. Tropically, since the movement of the Age Interval is Direct in this case, the next Convergence will be with tropical Capricorn, which will then become the Background Age Sign to the tropical, Foreground Age of Aquarius.

The Earth herself is telling us to get ready for the Aquarian Age, and it has nothing to do with the Moon being in the Seventh House when Jupiter aligns with Mars. Catchy song, though!

Last edited by david starling; 09-27-2018 at 09:45 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to david starling For This Useful Post:
GemwDepth (09-28-2018)
Unread 09-27-2018, 09:52 AM

Also, the current sidereal Age of Pisces has a Background Age of Aries. The tropical Age of Capricorn now culminating has a Background Age of Sagittarius. 2 Fire-signs as Background Ages! Note that I don't consider the Aquarian Age to have started yet, especially tropically, although it is influencing the current Ages in this cusp period. [IMO]
Unread 09-27-2018, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waybread View Post
Whoah, hold on there. The earth isn't a planet in astrology's geocentric, topocentric cosmos because it is where we stand. It's not there up in the sky.

Moreover, sign rulers have serious work to do in a horoscope as house cusp rulers (lords.) Until someone demonstrates that the earth actually functions well as a house cusp lord, there's no point in simply assigning rulerships based upon hypothetical affinities.

There are many sound reasons why astrology is not taught in school today. For one thing, it is not a science in the sense that biochemistry and physics are sciences, and claiming that astrology is a science just makes us look like a bunch of dummies who don't know what science is.
In that respect, nor is the Longitude and latitude relevant in astrology chart cause it's where we stand in the first place(born).

I will not comment further on the dummies and the ongoing educational system.
Unread 09-27-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Also, the current sidereal Age of Pisces has a Background Age of Aries. The tropical Age of Capricorn now culminating has a Background Age of Sagittarius. 2 Fire-signs as Background Ages! Note that I don't consider the Aquarian Age to have started yet, especially tropically, although it is influencing the current Ages in this cusp period. [IMO]
Why do you not think the Era has not yet started? I don't feel that Eras start or finish from one day to another. Energies' flow are not that concrete. Mayas calculated the start in 2012. What's your take on that?
Unread 09-27-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
In that respect, nor is the Longitude and latitude relevant in astrology chart cause it's where we stand in the first place(born).

I will not comment further on the dummies and the ongoing educational system.
You haven't heard of latitudinal Declination being relevant to a Chart? Or, realized that Sign-locations, and therefore Aspects, are determined using lines of Celestial Longitude where they intersect the Ecliptic?
Unread 09-27-2018, 10:13 AM

Quote:
You haven't heard of latitudinal Declination being relevant to a Chart? Or, realized that Sign-locations, and therefore Aspects, are determined using lines of Celestial Longitude where they intersect the Ecliptic?
That was a reply to the Earth not being a planet.... Nothing to do with my views of course..
david starling (09-27-2018)
Unread 09-27-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Why do you not think the Era has not yet started? I don't feel that Eras start or finish from one day to another. Energies' flow are not that concrete. Mayas calculated the start in 2012. What's your take on that?
I believe the Signs "blend", at the cusps, for all the indicators (or "signifcators"), including the Sun, Moon, and Planets, but that the Sign the indicator is actually in, is dominant, even though it's mixed somewhat with qualities of the next or previous Sign.
The Mayan start-date is sidereal, and is subject to the variations due to the various placements of the sidereal Sign-boundaries, depending on the astrologer drawing the Chart. Most siderealists, including Vedic astrologers, are setting their own Sign-boundaries so that the Age Indicator (the Vernal Point in the Northern Hemisphere) won't reach the boundary of Aquarius for about 3 more Centuries. Those interpreting the Mayan calendar were of a different opinion.
My belief is, the true start of the Aquarian Age won't be a modification of business as usual, which is all we're seeing now. It will be a very widespread, extremely profound, unmistakable shift in Consciousness, which simply hasn't occurred yet.
Tropically, the Sign-boundaries are in place, without variation. The tropical Aquarian Age should show those widespread, profound results by 2149, based on the mean location of the Point of Perihelion in tropical coordinates.

Last edited by david starling; 09-27-2018 at 10:39 AM.
Unread 09-27-2018, 11:33 AM

Yeah, the actual reasons for the Aquarian Age is so involved with celestial mechanisms, it's boring to most. But the end result can be (and was, in my case), ascertained intuitively, and can easily be correlated to the flow of history.
Unread 09-27-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
I believe the Signs "blend", at the cusps, for all the indicators (or "signifcators"), including the Sun, Moon, and Planets, but that the Sign the indicator is actually in, is dominant, even though it's mixed somewhat with qualities of the next or previous Sign.
The Mayan start-date is sidereal, and is subject to the variations due to the various placements of the sidereal Sign-boundaries, depending on the astrologer drawing the Chart. Most siderealists, including Vedic astrologers, are setting their own Sign-boundaries so that the Age Indicator (the Vernal Point in the Northern Hemisphere) won't reach the boundary of Aquarius for about 3 more Centuries. Those interpreting the Mayan calendar were of a different opinion.
My belief is, the true start of the Aquarian Age won't be a modification of business as usual, which is all we're seeing now. It will be a very widespread, extremely profound, unmistakable shift in Consciousness, which simply hasn't occurred yet.
Tropically, the Sign-boundaries are in place, without variation. The tropical Aquarian Age should show those widespread, profound results by 2149, based on the mean location of the Point of Perihelion in tropical coordinates.

It is due to this shift that I consider it has started.. 10years ago it hasn't been like this around the globe..not meaning business.. Ok, it is slow, and I see most masses being still in stillness but, I do strongly feel, know, see that it has started.. Personally I felt my "brain" moving into place around 2008.. All lies started becoming clear, one by one.. The Quran made perfect sense (luckily not born Muslim, thus pure from its dogmas).. I found myself in the traps of the mystiques.. I had to shift in so to survive, to save my life from self-killing.. All prophets, including the great giant Bob, where there.. Preserved my Life.. Made the shift possible so I wouldn't give up.. I left on my knees, crying and praying..
Anyway, I feel only that we sit and talk about this shift, it's already happening.. And yes, I see also the change as a blending.. Or maybe like pouring oil into water.. Needs some times to separate but it does separate eventually..

Tags
earth, planet, ruling