Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Unread 07-01-2018, 08:56 PM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,565
Re: The Left in 2018: Unhinged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
What if there's an epidemic? Is it okay that you and tens of thousands of other people catch whatever is going around and die because there are no measures in place to deal with it?
You’re setting up a hypothetical situation that will probably NEVER happen. When things get dire, government control shall get bigger, but when right now there is no need for socialized medicine.

And if honestly, good luck trying to stop an epidemic with the government instead of using the free market. The free market is always better or should be given the benefit of the doubt before the government.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
Subsidised health care isn't a right. But it is a public good.
There is no such thing.

https://youtu.be/xvz8tg4MVpA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
And do you think society would benefit if there were more people who didn't have even basic literacy and mathematical skills on the education front?
No. I think society would benefit if public education didn’t exist.

There is no such thing as society anyway. Society is not an entity. It is not a thing. It’s just a name for a collection of individuals. Individuals come first. The individual is what matters.

__________________
Reality will be the final judge of our virtues and vices

Last edited by AppLeo; 07-01-2018 at 09:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Unread 07-01-2018, 09:21 PM
Oddity's Avatar
Oddity Oddity is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,982
Re: The Left in 2018: Unhinged

Only if you view selfishness as the greatest virtue for all, which you do. Whether that's actually the case is highly questionable, because not everybody thinks the way you do or believes the way you do. I doubt anyone will change your mind about it, though.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Unread 07-01-2018, 10:02 PM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,565
Re: The Left in 2018: Unhinged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
Only if you view selfishness as the greatest virtue for all, which you do. Whether that's actually the case is highly questionable, because not everybody thinks the way you do or believes the way you do. I doubt anyone will change your mind about it, though.
If man is a sacrificial animal then selflessness is a virtue. Really great if your purpose to life is to serve others at the expense of yourself.....

The world isn’t perfect because not everyone thinks the way I do. If everyone was selfish, the world would be a better place.

The only way to change my mind is to propose a better political system/philosophy.
__________________
Reality will be the final judge of our virtues and vices
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Unread 07-01-2018, 10:13 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
If everyone was selfish, the world would be a better place.
I have a thought that your family life is not healthy because you have such weird views about the world. But with bad parenting considered Appleo, if your family was selfish then you would be homeless and would be forced to apply yourself to this world by your own self from a young age but you canít even cook Appleo.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Unread 07-01-2018, 10:16 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,084
Re: The Left in 2018: Unhinged

Just because you have been brought up in a nice house I donít see how the parenting you have been given or your thoughts about the world are any better than gangster thug mentality.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Unread 07-01-2018, 10:56 PM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,565
Re: The Left in 2018: Unhinged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
I have a thought that your family life is not healthy because you have such weird views about the world. But with bad parenting considered Appleo, if your family was selfish then you would be homeless and would be forced to apply yourself to this world by your own self from a young age but you canít even cook Appleo.
Perhaps, but it depends. My parents wanted to take care of me and raise me. It was in their own selfish desires to raise a kid. If they didnít want to raise a kid, I wouldnít have been born in the first place.

Who cares if I can cook. Not me cuz Iíve got plenty of places to get food from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Just because you have been brought up in a nice house I donít see how the parenting you have been given or your thoughts about the world are any better than gangster thug mentality.
The difference between my selfishness and a gangster thug is that I donít take advantage of people. I donít steal from people, I donít lie to people, I donít kill people, etc... a gangster does though.

However, Iím still selfish because I donít give people money I earn, I donít save peopleís lives, I donít concern my life with other peopleís problems. I concern myself with my own problems. So Iím selfish, but not a parasitical kind of selfishness. Ayn Rand and I donít believe in taking advantage of people and using them.

We want everyone to be the selfish so that they only concern themselves. No one else really matters. Only you matter to yourself. And everyone else matters to themselves. Every man is for their own self. Every man is responsible for himself.

And since we are all selfish and want whatís best for ourselves, whenever we interact with people, we only have positive interactions. If I want something and another individual wants something we can both help each other selfishly. For example, I need someone to give me food because I canít cook, and someone wants money and they can cook. So the person cooks for me. They get my money, and I get food to eat.

Itís a win-win situation. Selfish individuals only do business or involve themselves with other selfish people for mutual, positive, win-win interactions. Every time people work with one another, itís always a positive interactions. The more positive interactions the better the world becomes.

So if everyone was selfish the world would be perfect.

Because if you have a selfish person and selfless person. What happens? The selfless person helps the selfish person at their own expense. Iím hungry and want food, someone cooks for me for free. Theyíve just given me food and they get no money in return. Thatís a win-lose interaction.

And then thereís fully fledged communism, which consists of only lose-lose interactions. People selflessly help selfless people. No one lives for themselves and so everyone just ends up dying. Hence why millions of people die under communism.
__________________
Reality will be the final judge of our virtues and vices
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Unread 07-01-2018, 11:29 PM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 19,198
Smile Re: The Left in 2018: Unhinged

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post

And then there’s fully fledged communism, which consists of only lose-lose interactions. People selflessly help selfless people. No one lives for themselves and so everyone just ends up dying. Hence why millions of people die under communism.
There's never been a society that could be labeled "fully fledged communism" as you define it. Promises were made in Russia, but the result is perfectly described in George Orwell's book "Animal Farm".
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Unread 07-01-2018, 11:39 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,084
Re: The Left in 2018: Unhinged

You make the effort to sound logical but you have always been helped. Saying your parents are selfish and so they feed you is weak.

You have never paid a bill, never cooked a meal. Your life is so good because of the help you get.

I already understand you are not a nasty person and are not looking to take advantage of others. But wake up, the world is not as simple as a pay for goods and give money for goods kind of way.

You need help to get away from the environment that is creating naive views. Your parents should be taking you to homeless soup kitchens but I bet they are too busy and get angry because they are trapped by their own lives.

Some people need help and who are you to judge in your comfortable life of having meals cooked for you.

You are not qualified.

Go help somebody and forget about yourself. The world will not be fixed by your solutions itís ridiculous.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Unread 07-01-2018, 11:53 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,084
Re: The Left in 2018: Unhinged

If we see something bad happening it is our duty to not be cowards and to be more than a person who goes to work to lay bills. The world is not really about what goods you buy or sell. Yes it is everyday and it is important to work so you can provide for yourself but it is not the main priority in our lives. It is your responsibility to be a good person and it is your responsibility if you have children to raise them to be good people with morals and not just raise children to work and pay or buy goods.

If you see something bad happen it is up to you to be brave enough to say no. Donít put yourself in danger but be proud to say no to those who take advantage of others.

The only part I agree with is it is important to buy and sell goods,but is that all you have to say about life?

People take advantage of others, others help. What do you say about those who will take advantage? That they shouldnít do that? Hen what? Evil will always exist. Be a good person and help people hurt by it.

Donít fall asleep and stay in your routine because you believe you are only what job or duty you have.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Unread 07-01-2018, 11:56 PM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,084
Re: The Left in 2018: Unhinged

Selfishness is wrong. It helps people stay in the routine and think they are able to not take responsibility for the pain that people are in. It lets those who take advantage to continue to do that. We are all responsible because if we turn the other cheek we are cowards. This is the truth and the reason I know is because everybody tries to wear a mask but they feel the guilt deep down.
Reply With Quote
  #61  
Unread 07-02-2018, 12:03 AM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,565
Re: The Left in 2018: Unhinged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
You make the effort to sound logical but you have always been helped. Saying your parents are selfish and so they feed you is weak.
But it's the truth. My parents take care of me because they WANT to take care of me. They aren't doing it because they have to or because they were forced to. They did it because they wanted to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
You have never paid a bill, never cooked a meal. Your life is so good because of the help you get.
Yes, lucky me. I've done plenty around the house to help my parents anyway, so... It's not like I'm ordering them around like slaves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
I already understand you are not a nasty person and are not looking to take advantage of others. But wake up, the world is not as simple as a pay for goods and give money for goods kind of way.
Umm, it actually is. Millions of economic interactions take place between individuals to further their selfish-interest. The majority of the stuff we want or need is what we pay for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
You need help to get away from the environment that is creating naive views. Your parents should be taking you to homeless soup kitchens but I bet they are too busy and get angry because they are trapped by their own lives.
No, no, my parents are fine. I've helped animals in pet shelters. I've been in that environment. Humans can help themselves though. Animals can't really do anything. That's why I helped the animals, and the kittens are freaking cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Some people need help and who are you to judge in your comfortable life of having meals cooked for you.
I can judge however I want. Free country and free speech. I'm entitled to my opinion and can speak and judge as much as I want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
You are not qualified.
I am qualified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Go help somebody and forget about yourself. The world will not be fixed by your solutions itís ridiculous.
Dude, why would I help someone else when I can help myself. Didn't you just say I wasn't qualified? When I'm helping myself, I'm learning to pay my own bills and cook for myself. I can't really learn or build myself up, if I'm helping someone else.
__________________
Reality will be the final judge of our virtues and vices
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Unread 07-02-2018, 12:05 AM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,084
Re: The Left in 2018: Unhinged

You are not qualified to say people should look after themselves when you have never looked after yourself.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Unread 07-02-2018, 12:07 AM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,084
Re: The Left in 2018: Unhinged

I quote a line from conspiracy theorist said to another user

ĎThe ramblings of a bored teenager.í

That is all your opinions are worth because you are looked after like a pet.

Yet the guy ct said this to comes from a broken family like so many people do who end up needing help. Yet those people who come from broken environments are more mature than your ramblings from inside your castle walls.

You are not qualified because you have never needed help although liel I have mentioned already, your attitude needs help and comes from bad parenting so the castle you live in is poisoned.

I feel lucky to come from a broken environment and to have tears and hopelessness make me a stronger soul than some selfish views.

Last edited by Ukpoohbear; 07-02-2018 at 12:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Unread 07-02-2018, 12:07 AM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,565
Re: The Left in 2018: Unhinged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
Selfishness is wrong. It helps people stay in the routine and think they are able to not take responsibility for the pain that people are in. It lets those who take advantage to continue to do that. We are all responsible because if we turn the other cheek we are cowards. This is the truth and the reason I know is because everybody tries to wear a mask but they feel the guilt deep down.
Poor people and people who need to be helped must be the most guilty and biggest cowards because they so focused on getting people to help them and take care of them. They can't even take care of themselves, which means they can't even help others.
__________________
Reality will be the final judge of our virtues and vices
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Unread 07-02-2018, 12:11 AM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
Poor people and people who need to be helped must be the most guilty and biggest cowards because they so focused on getting people to help them and take care of them. They can't even take care of themselves, which means they can't even help others.
How would you know? You donít know from experience. You know nothing about hopelessness.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Unread 07-02-2018, 12:13 AM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,565
Re: The Left in 2018: Unhinged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukpoohbear View Post
How would you know? You donít know from experience. You know nothing about hopelessness.
Lol how does knowing their life mean anything???

Since they are poor, they don't even have money to help others. They need people to help them.
__________________
Reality will be the final judge of our virtues and vices
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Unread 07-02-2018, 12:14 AM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,565
Re: The Left in 2018: Unhinged

There's unhinged right and left-wingers. I think we can all agree on that.

Nazis from Germany and Commies from Soviet Russia are great examples of both sides.
__________________
Reality will be the final judge of our virtues and vices
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Unread 07-02-2018, 12:19 AM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
Lol how does knowing their life mean anything???

Since they are poor, they don't even have money to help others. They need people to help them.
Thatís the thing. Parents raising children who believe people who need help are too lazy or whatever to help themselves, they are part of the problem. Same as gangster parents raising gangster children.

Help people to help themselves so they have had the same opportunity you are being given.

When you are not fed or looked after, stress builds. Stress builds to the point they are not able to help themselves. It becomes exhausting having to find food or to try find a job but you canít.

If you donít have a home address you canít even get a job. But you are saying they should help themselves. Then give them a home like you have had and you are able to grow up to look after yourself?

If you had said to me that you are able to help yourself and have came from a bad environment then your words would be more powerful but you have been given a safe environment to study so you can make a future for yourself.

Some people are abused from birth. And you are saying they should help themselves?

You have had the help of a home and food. Where would you be without that?

Give people a chance to help themselves. Not everybody has been given that chance canít you see that?
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Unread 07-02-2018, 12:23 AM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,565
Re: The Left in 2018: Unhinged

Children are different. Obviously a child can't help itself.
__________________
Reality will be the final judge of our virtues and vices
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Unread 07-02-2018, 12:25 AM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,084
Re: The Left in 2018: Unhinged

It has not even anything to do with money or being homeless or jobs. Itís to do with how happy you are and anyone who thinks they can look away from suffering will bury themselves in their own cowardly actions.

So many people are too comfortable. They need shook.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Unread 07-02-2018, 12:29 AM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,084
Re: The Left in 2018: Unhinged

Selfishness comes from fear.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Unread 07-02-2018, 12:30 AM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,565
Re: The Left in 2018: Unhinged

Okay cool.
__________________
Reality will be the final judge of our virtues and vices
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Unread 07-02-2018, 12:38 AM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
Children are different. Obviously a child can't help itself.
An adult who is homeless canít help themselves either. Adults come from bad parents too. We all have a choice to end the cycle but it is easier to repeat the mistakes of our parents. You are no better and neither are your parents than the cycle of bad parenting that leads to mistakes.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Unread 07-02-2018, 12:43 AM
AppLeo's Avatar
AppLeo AppLeo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 11,565
Re: The Left in 2018: Unhinged

Let's get back on the thread topic.
__________________
Reality will be the final judge of our virtues and vices
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Unread 07-02-2018, 12:55 AM
Ukpoohbear's Avatar
Ukpoohbear Ukpoohbear is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 4,084
Re: The Left in 2018: Unhinged

You went off topic talking about your selfish theory.


Thread topic - I donít follow American politics but both sides will contain adults raised by generations of bad parenting that continue to poison the next generation unless we all suddenly wake up and decide together to stop being selfish.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.