Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 05-21-2017, 03:42 PM

To be a feminist is to be evolved and enlightened

There is nothing more human than helping oppressed peoples gain the rights and advantages that they deserve. Isnt this the true meaning of kindness? Why should people be oppressed based on their gender or race or class? Feminism fights against such things and helps people thrive and increase their quality of living. This is the sign of an evolved and enlightened person. The age of Aquarius highlights the age of equality and the people. Has anyone noticed that Aquarians always fight for equality and rights. Marx was an Aquarius.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bunraku For This Useful Post:
blackbery (05-21-2017), StillOne (05-21-2017)
Unread 05-21-2017, 08:02 PM

Re: To be a feminist is to be evolved and enlightened

The evolved person vows to free all beings from suffering: both the oppressed and the oppressor. This is the true "Aquarian," one who integrates, who bears the tension between, the opposites.
It is this that is the true meaning of kindness. And courage.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IleneK For This Useful Post:
CancerEvolve (05-21-2017), StillOne (05-21-2017)
Unread 05-21-2017, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
The evolved person vows to free all beings from suffering: both the oppressed and the oppressor. This is the true "Aquarian," one who integrates, who bears the tension between, the opposites.
It is this that is the true meaning of kindness. And courage.
The Following User Says Thank You to CancerEvolve For This Useful Post:
StillOne (05-21-2017)
Unread 05-21-2017, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunraku View Post
The age of Aquarius highlights the age of equality and the people.
In my opinion, we are in the middle of this transition now. As evidenced by recent news, there is incredible tension and rapid change going on at the moment. In my opinion, the age of Aquarius will really become interesting when... wait for it... transiting Pluto enters Aquarius!
The Following User Says Thank You to StillOne For This Useful Post:
blackbery (05-21-2017)
Unread 05-21-2017, 09:08 PM

I wouldn't say that a feminist is necessarily more evolved and enlightened but they could be. They are just more aware of how oppressive this world is towards women and how they are considered 2nd class citizens. Their focus is to understand how society contributes to this hatred of women and how we can cope in such a society. My smart sister always said that if a woman is 40 yrs old and not a feminist, then she is just too ignorant for words. Because how can you see the abuse of women over and over again in this world and not want to fight against the unfairness.
I have noticed that very religious women are the least likely to be feminists. In fact, they think feminists are too radical, too angry and stay away from feminist causes. They usually always vote 'conservative' which is a joke as most conservative parties in the world are against women's rights and are always imposing male values on women.
So society and laws don't change and men get away with abusing women over & over again.

Many activists focus on what resonates with them most. So for many women, it's feminism. For people of colour, it's race relations. Others, it's to fight for animal rights.
Etc.

I do have Aquarius Rising and always been involved in social causes since my 30s. I have rallied with supporters for many causes but never joined any of them as a member.
Prefer to just pick a cause, a fight, a protest that resonates with me and off I go. I can
tell when the protest is going to turn violent and leave immed as I don't want to be tear-gassed or 'kettled' or arrested. People would be surprised as some of the horrible police tactics used but then again, a small minority of protestors always start smashing windows or burning cars and then the police have to react. I'm long gone by then.

It's good that many men now stand up for women's rights as they all have mothers, sisters, daughters, aunts, best friends. But we still have a long long way to go before
this society is equal and fair.

BB
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackbery For This Useful Post:
aleth3ia (05-22-2017), StillOne (05-22-2017)
Unread 05-21-2017, 09:13 PM
Banned

Adding my own thoughts.

I am Uranus, Neptune, Saturn in 11th and my North Node is Aquarius.

I question things inside my head, why do we need money, why was i born innocently into a world that demands i work for people just to live.

Add on top of this my Cancer nature, and having Taurus moon and mars in the home house of Taurus, it's a real mix up of mixed feelings and thoughts.

Equality only works when everyone is involved and we are on the same track, and unfortunately we are so far away from it.

It goes far further than female vs male.

http://www.truenode.org/north-node-b...in-12th-house/

12th house NN.

Last edited by CancerEvolve; 05-21-2017 at 09:20 PM.
StillOne (05-21-2017)
Unread 05-21-2017, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerEvolve View Post
I question things inside my head, why do we need money, why was i born innocently into a world that demands i work for people just to live.
I think this topic is being questioned universally at the moment. With automation, robotics, artificial intelligence, etc. at some point we may not have to work anymore. AI & Company may just do that for us... well we hope. As Elon Musk says, I mean, we wont be like a pet Labrador if were lucky.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.039245d2e5b4
Unread 05-21-2017, 09:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOne View Post
I think this topic is being questioned universally at the moment. With automation, robotics, artificial intelligence, etc. at some point we may not have to work anymore. AI & Company may just do that for us... well we hope. As Elon Musk says, I mean, we wont be like a pet Labrador if were lucky.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.039245d2e5b4
The big issue i have is the narrow field of thinking and vision on a grand scale, if you don't want to work, you are deemed lazy.

The issues for myself, i want to work, to bring in money, but deep inside i don't.

I want to have a family, spend my time helping others, why does this have to cost money? why do i NEED to do this to get something for myself? why can i not just be me?

Money revolves around everything.

I would much rather give my wife (i'm single but just saying) a massage all day than work all day doing some mans work just to live. Enjoy the comforts of life.
My way is still work, no one else could do what i can do because no one is a duplicate, there are people like minded however.

We are not allowed to truly live by our own natures. And this is oppression.

Oppression because we are brainwashed into society.
StillOne (05-21-2017)
Unread 05-21-2017, 09:37 PM
Banned

Don't get me started on the ******** about other countries getting aid, it don't take as long as it has to help a country in dire need with the resources the western world has.
Unread 05-21-2017, 09:50 PM

Quote:
The big issue i have is the narrow field of thinking and vision on a grand scale, if you don't want to work, you are deemed lazy.

The issues for myself, i want to work, to bring in money, but deep inside i don't.
Unfortunately most of us have to work while incarnated here. Some are lucky not to have to, but I'm not so sure they are any better off than the rest... It sounds like you're working on your vision and that's a good thing.

Quote:
I want to have a family, spend my time helping others, why does this have to cost money? why do i NEED to do this to get something for myself? why can i not just be me?
I'm sure you can turn "spending time helping others" into work.

Quote:
Money revolves around everything.
Unfortunately, it does... for now. Some day it may not.

Quote:
I would much rather give my wife (i'm single but just saying) a massage all day than work all day doing some mans work just to live. Enjoy the comforts of life.
My way is still work, no one else could do what i can do because no one is a duplicate, there are people like minded however.
You do sound like a Cancer ya know! There was a thread recently on marrying for money... Just kidding!

Quote:
We are not allowed to truly live by our own natures. And this is oppression.

Oppression because we are brainwashed into society.
Well, at least you can see through all that! So that's good. Or, is it? The curse of intelligence at it again...
CancerEvolve (05-21-2017)
Unread 05-21-2017, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbery View Post
I wouldn't say that a feminist is necessarily more evolved and enlightened but they could be. They are just more aware of how oppressive this world is towards women and how they are considered 2nd class citizens. Their focus is to understand how society contributes to this hatred of women and how we can cope in such a society. My smart sister always said that if a woman is 40 yrs old and not a feminist, then she is just too ignorant for words. Because how can you see the abuse of women over and over again in this world and not want to fight against the unfairness.
I have noticed that very religious women are the least likely to be feminists. In fact, they think feminists are too radical, too angry and stay away from feminist causes. They usually always vote 'conservative' which is a joke as most conservative parties in the world are against women's rights and are always imposing male values on women.
So society and laws don't change and men get away with abusing women over & over again.

Many activists focus on what resonates with them most. So for many women, it's feminism. For people of colour, it's race relations. Others, it's to fight for animal rights.
Etc.

I do have Aquarius Rising and always been involved in social causes since my 30s. I have rallied with supporters for many causes but never joined any of them as a member.
Prefer to just pick a cause, a fight, a protest that resonates with me and off I go. I can
tell when the protest is going to turn violent and leave immed as I don't want to be tear-gassed or 'kettled' or arrested. People would be surprised as some of the horrible police tactics used but then again, a small minority of protestors always start smashing windows or burning cars and then the police have to react. I'm long gone by then.

It's good that many men now stand up for women's rights as they all have mothers, sisters, daughters, aunts, best friends. But we still have a long long way to go before
this society is equal and fair.

BB

Why do so many women support causes that restricts their rights you would say?

Y
Unread 05-21-2017, 10:25 PM

Quote:
In my opinion, we are in the middle of this transition now. As evidenced by recent news, there is incredible tension and rapid change going on at the moment. In my opinion, the age of Aquarius will really become interesting when... wait for it... transiting Pluto enters Aquarius!
Thank you for that.

Y
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ynnest For This Useful Post:
blackbery (05-22-2017), StillOne (05-22-2017)
Unread 05-22-2017, 12:01 AM

Quote:

Well then how does one acquire the resources to provide for their family?

Regarding the OP, in the most recent moon phase charts for the USA, there have been prominent symbols that deal with the power of women to make changes. Wouldnt a world ran by women be better?
Unread 05-22-2017, 12:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Venus View Post
Wouldnt a world ran by women be better?
Didn't the Ancient Egyptians already try this?

I think it'd be great! What will you have the men do?

Most likely it's going to be AI running the world. Enjoy humanity while you have it.
aleth3ia (05-22-2017)
Unread 05-22-2017, 01:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Enjoy humanity while you have it.
requote forever
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aleth3ia For This Useful Post:
blackbery (05-22-2017), StillOne (05-22-2017)
Unread 05-22-2017, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Didn't the Ancient Egyptians already try this?

I think it'd be great! What will you have the men do?

Most likely it's going to be AI running the world. Enjoy humanity while you have it.
Ha. AI? Maybe it already is. Cant take the human from humanity and the entails the inherent potential that we have.

Well me personally i would have them do what they choose. Freedom baby but if women ruled the world, i bet its a lot less likely that they are sent to wars and to do dirty crimes. Maybe wed find healthier ways to let out our aggressions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix Venus For This Useful Post:
StillOne (05-22-2017)
Unread 05-22-2017, 01:21 AM

Yes there are the legends of old that Earth was once the domain of femininity.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix Venus For This Useful Post:
blackbery (05-22-2017)
Unread 05-22-2017, 03:26 AM

I consider myself to be a card-carrying feminist. As a sun-Aquarian, I have never understood why the condition of being biologically male or female should mean that a person has more or fewer entitlements, respect, or human dignity.
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And well change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
StillOne (05-22-2017)
Unread 05-22-2017, 03:59 AM

I'm not sure. Self hatred perhaps? Ignorance perhaps of how oppressive society is to women?
Most of the religious ones who vote against abortion rights, defunding of planned parenthood in the USA justify their restriction of women's rights by saying they must follow their religious beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynnest View Post
Why do so many women support causes that restricts their rights you would say?

Y
Unread 05-22-2017, 04:01 AM

2nd that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynnest View Post
Thank you for that.

Y
Unread 05-22-2017, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbery View Post
I'm not sure. Self hatred perhaps? Ignorance perhaps of how oppressive society is to women?
Most of the religious ones who vote against abortion rights, defunding of planned parenthood in the USA justify their restriction of women's rights by saying they must follow their religious beliefs.
Why do women support social norms, behaviour and ideas that restrict their rights? Not because of the self hatred, but because they are accepted and awarded by the society or their own group if they do so. Or - more correctly, they are punished or isolated if they don't. They put their own personal benefits before right, just or consiouss behaviour and beliefs.

In more patriarchal society they risk their life or excommunication if they go against the imposed social norms, in little more tolerant society they may not get an approval of the group they are part of.
Unread 05-22-2017, 04:53 AM

I agree that in strong patriarchal societies where a woman must rely on men (or women in their group) for their own survival, then they must adhere to those patriarchal rules.

But in the West, there are no punishments for supporting women's rights.
I've been a feminist for over two decades and never been punished for it.
I don't go around trying to convert people to my cause but I will speak up when necessary, even against the majority. Rarely do I get into women's rights issues with men because they can never fully understand anyways.
With religious women, it's like talking to a robot. All they do is spout their dogma even when it is in the detriment of women's rights and they never have an answer to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demetraceres View Post
Why do women support social norms, behaviour and ideas that restrict their rights? Not because of the self hatred, but because they are accepted and awarded by the society or their own group if they do so. Or - more correctly, they are punished or isolated if they don't. They put their own personal benefits before right, just or consiouss behaviour and beliefs.

In more patriarchal society they risk their life or excommunication if they go against the imposed social norms, in little more tolerant society they may not get an approval of the group they are part of.
Unread 05-22-2017, 05:01 AM

Smile Re: To be a feminist is to be evolved and enlightened

It's about the 3 types of world-view: Individual, Social, and Traditional. Only approximately 1/3 of a given population is "Inner-directed", and will place individual self-interest first, over the rules and regulations of Society and/or Tradition. In cultures where the social order is subservient to an entrenched, patriarchal Tradition, it's dangerous to demand women's rights.
Unread 05-22-2017, 09:27 PM

Lightbulb Re: To be a feminist is to be evolved and enlightened

It's good that many men now stand up for women's rights as they all have mothers, sisters, daughters, aunts, best friends. and wives, girlfriends and lovers. I never want any woman I know in my life be discriminated, restricted or harmed (i.e. sexual abuse or domestic violence). I'm a sun/moon Aquarius male who is a believer in equal rights in gender/sex, race/ethnicity, income class (the USA is sorta lacking in this field), disability and sexual orientation.

The Age of Aquarius has begun, so the process of social liberalism to change our country completely will take time. The current federal government moved to the right under a Republican majority plus president. The Democratic party is a champion of civil rights and social justice, but in the USA, like I mentioned, the middle class is in decline and low-income Americans are having it harder. Conservatives hadn't caught up in this new age's concern of income equality.
CancerEvolve (05-22-2017), StillOne (05-22-2017)
Unread 05-22-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapAquaPis View Post
It's good that many men now stand up for women's rights as they all have mothers, sisters, daughters, aunts, best friends. and wives, girlfriends and lovers. I never want any woman I know in my life be discriminated, restricted or harmed (i.e. sexual abuse or domestic violence). I'm a sun/moon Aquarius male who is a believer in equal rights in gender/sex, race/ethnicity, income class (the USA is sorta lacking in this field), disability and sexual orientation.

The Age of Aquarius has begun, so the process of social liberalism to change our country completely will take time. The current federal government moved to the right under a Republican majority plus president. The Democratic party is a champion of civil rights and social justice, but in the USA, like I mentioned, the middle class is in decline and low-income Americans are having it harder. Conservatives hadn't caught up in this new age's concern of income equality.

Thats why the republican party will be stripped of their power as the core of their ideology cant hold the incoming light frequencies.

Y