determining exact birth time by progressed Moon on MC

hermetic

I am not sure is this is the correct forum, I will try to make this short

I have one natal chart but not definite birth time, just an interval of half an hour, so I have been trying to find some Solar arcs of important events to maybe get it more accurate.

And here is the situation - currently this person is in the process of getting a new job.
In my supposed natal chart, MC is somewhere close to Capricorn-aquarius cusp. And currently this persons progressed Moon is on 3rd degree of Aquarius.
So, my guess is this progresed Moon on MC is enough of description for a job change. Now, what I want to make sure is next:
This process of getting a job is taking a while, it's been a 4-5 month period in total - applying, interviews, first round, second round, signing contract, several week notice at previous work... so in total, progressed Moon moved from last degrees of Cap to 4th degree of Aquarius.
If I want to take this progression as a significator of job change, and there are some 5-6 degrees involved, from which point of events I should look at Moons position and deduct MC position from this?
the first moment a person applyed for this job?
the moment of signing contract? the moment of actual 'first day' at new job? (because only between these last two over 2 months passed)
and Moon moved whole 2 degrees

So, if I want to say accurately MC is on 28th degree of Cap of on 4th degree of Aquarius - what should I do?
I am sorry for not posting a chart, because I do not have permission of the person to do so, I hope this was clear enough :eek:

starlink

Hello Hermetic. Yes, it is clear enough like you stated it.

I would not take the Progressed Moon in order to determine where the MC degree could be.It is already good to know that the 10th house lies somewhere between those two signs.Even with Solar Arc directions it is difficult to pin-point the exact moment, but Noel Thyll can apparently get to a certain week in the year.

SA directions are in my opinion the very best for rectification. But only when heavy transits and progressed positions are also pointing in the same direction. It also should be a very important occurence in his life, like a promotion. People change jobs frequently and just a job change would not be so extremely important if you know what I mean, but a big promotion IS.

The Progressed Moon is already one indication of change on the career front. It is great for determining that. Now take the age of the person, say he is 31 years old, and then take any planet, especially Venus (luck, money increase, Jupiter (expansion), Saturn (job with authority) or Sun (leadership role) or Mars (giving leadership as well, managerjobs) and move them 31 degrees forward and see where they will end up. If one of them is also getting into that 10th house or making a trine or sextile, sometimes even a square to a point in that 10th house, note it down. If it is near the Progr.Moon degree, even better.

You must keep in mind when he was born, between April and September or after that, because the summer month show 31° but the event will take place one year later because the Sun is slower during those months. Between October and beginning April, it is not and shows exactly 31 degrees.

Not only look at this event. See if he had an accident in his life because a SA direction to the Asc. could show that or progr. Mars (also with operations), always backed up with transits!.
If he is married, look that up as well, very important life event.
Finishing his studies, graduation should also be seen from that 10th house so start with that.

Last but not least of course, the sign on the MC could show what sort of work/career he is in. Aquarius shows more a career where he wants to be free in what he does, Capricorn shows more government orientated jobs or to do with discipline, teaching, law. Look where the rulers of these signs are placed and compare with what he does or likes to do or has his career in already.

Hope this helps a bit.

Rectification is very very difficult.

hermetic

Hello Starlink,
thank you for replying :) I figured it was a long shot and also that is most probably not enough looking only this progression.
I looked at solar arc first of course, but nothing nearing MC, no matter what time I put.

As far as this difference of Cap vs Aqua MC, I am also confused, because indeed it could be both, but I am leaning more towards Aqua.
This person has PhD in chemical engineering, and although I read chemics fall under rulership of Saturn, doing research and being progressive in one's field is more Aquarian thing,
Uranus is placed in 6th, Libra - this is what is this persons daily job, and Saturn is placed in 2nd, Cancer, also person is earning money thru this. It was not easy to come to this career, some delays, but not anything out of ordinary to attribute it to Saturn rulership. I mean, in the end, rare are those who have smooth sails all along the way,

Regarding Solar Arcs, I looked those too. No marriage, but this person relocated far from birth place at 25, since it's a summer birth, I should look at 24 degrees from IC.
Mars could be at 24 degree distance from IC, right? and then 7 years later also comes Saturn on IC meaning definite decision of staying there for good, cementing the relocation.
also both of these are at those times opposing MC, but I wouldn't know how to interpret it.

one more thing regarding this job change(change as in change to much better job position, like real progress in career) solar arc MC could be conjuncting natal Jupiter - could this one also be a significator?

one more question - birth of the sibling, could that be SA Mercury on ASC?
and with all this options to consider I have 3-4 possible time births, and not even 2 of those coincide with one another :crying:

ok, I hope I didn't make ot too complicated with all this.
Rectification is very very difficult.

indeed! ;)

starlink

one more thing regarding this job change(change as in change to much better job position, like real progress in career) solar arc MC could be conjuncting natal Jupiter - could this one also be a significator?

Oh yes, I would definitively think that this is a pointer here.

one more question - birth of the sibling, could that be SA Mercury on ASC?

That I dont know. Maybe only if Mercury rules his 5th house?

You really have to sit with the person and go through everything. Can take hours!!

starlink

Hi Astrologer50! Indeed up till 30, we do not have to adjust the year according to the time of year, only after that, because only after that period of time you will notice the Sun's discrepancy, but I have never heard that SA works best in childhood. I am wondering who wrote that! I mean, things like wedding, childbirth, promotion etc. are all highlights which occur way past childhood! People do not only relocate during childhood but also immigrate at a later age in life for instance.

Noel Tyll has numerous examples of exact SA directions at work in individuals much older and he also follows his own life from being an opera singer to becoming an astrologer and writer of books. He was much older than 30 when he did that!

Noel also talks about housecusps moving forward by SA direction. After all, they also move by progression. I very much like looking at SArc directions. It is a quick and easy way to find out what could have happened. To pin-point the exact month or even week, is another matter and does need a bit more calculation.

OK I'll rephrase my earlier statement to read 'for rectification purposes' moving Angles and planets. Of course SA directions are lifelong things --- like progressions I'm not disputing anything, just saying it seems easier more poignant, recognisable, identifiable under age 12ish when things happen outside the native's control ie: family matters either relocations, siblings, even abuse, someone dying even....

More particularly as support for this theory I have taken these YouTube videos--

Rectification of birth time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW0G2S2Ti4I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYMX9X2C1BQ&NR=1
· Transiting Pluto square, conj opp Asc, Desc, MC, IC
· If under 12’ when it conj an Angle then their age was under age 12 it’s parents adjustments. A death, change within father’s work, a separation, remarriage.
· Adults or teens, 1st job, identity transformation MC.
· Pluto conj Desc = death, health concerns, geographic, significant relationship or break up, but has to be ‘life transforming’