Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 10-10-2019, 09:07 PM

Smile Re: Chatter and natter 😍😍

"Irony is flattening.".

Unread 10-10-2019, 11:25 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Re: Chatter and natter 😍😍

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
Plute! I have put my stuff up everywhere. Why can't the moderators do it. Im sure they can do it with one click.
No, we can't. We would have to search all of your posts, individually. There are no moderator tools to make that any faster. There's no way any moderator can spare the time and energy for it, and it's not our job. It's your responsibility to refrain from posting anything you don't want public in the first place, and if you suddenly change your mind about something you've posted, it's your responsibility to either take it down or live with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hkk View Post
I don't understand why they cant delete you completely from the site and it still leaves you to be able to come on.
Our software doesn't work that way. The only possible way to come on is to log in through an active account. If you were deleted, you wouldn't have an active account to log in through. That's an unalterable fact.

See here and here for details on the no account deletions policy.
Private messages welcome if they're either moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I answer those on the forum sometimes, and in my practice always, but not in private messaging.

If you would like to read my blog or inquire about my practice, please visit https://www.thebearsnose.com/

I also answer natal chart-based questions in its Ask the Astrologer feature. Submissions very welcome there!
Unread 10-10-2019, 11:38 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by passiflora View Post
Your picture is gone, right? If you have posts with your name or other identifying information, delete delete. There ought to be a way to request quoted posts also be removed.
We don't edit people's posts at the request of others. We let you have control over your own posts, but not over other people's--so your right to edit and delete ends when it starts interfering with other people's posts. See here for edit and delete policy details.
Private messages welcome if they're either moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I answer those on the forum sometimes, and in my practice always, but not in private messaging.

If you would like to read my blog or inquire about my practice, please visit https://www.thebearsnose.com/

I also answer natal chart-based questions in its Ask the Astrologer feature. Submissions very welcome there!
Unread 10-11-2019, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
We don't edit people's posts at the request of others. We let you have control over your own posts, but not over other people's--so your right to edit and delete ends when it starts interfering with other people's posts. See here for edit and delete policy details.
Yes, I know. Suggesting a change.
Unread 10-11-2019, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Yeah, I was thinking of making a thread on the moderator forum suggesting the possibility of making an option for a poster to lock their posts from being quoted. Like if someone doesn't ever want to be quoted, there could be an option/button/setting to make their quotes unquotable. lol

Obviously, we'd run into the issue of people copying/pasting posts, but doing that against someone's settings/explicit desire, could be a deletable offense. Like if I had the setting for no quoting me, and someone copied/pasted, I could report/flag it to a moderator and have it removed. Does that seem fair?
Unread 10-11-2019, 01:53 AM

I think it would make people feel safer and cultivate a less paranoid, more protective culture, without burdening the moderators too much. It could be for posts going forward, once the setting is created, so moderators don't have to look through all previous posts/threads.
Unread 10-11-2019, 06:26 AM

Re: Chatter and natter ����

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonkat235 View Post
Yeah, I was thinking of making a thread on the moderator forum suggesting the possibility of making an option for a poster to lock their posts from being quoted. Like if someone doesn't ever want to be quoted, there could be an option/button/setting to make their quotes unquotable. lol

Obviously, we'd run into the issue of people copying/pasting posts, but doing that against someone's settings/explicit desire, could be a deletable offense. Like if I had the setting for no quoting me, and someone copied/pasted, I could report/flag it to a moderator and have it removed. Does that seem fair?
This is a very good idea. I hope it gets implemented.
May I explore to the very depth of this infinite universe, expose and fight the abyss of crimes, understands the hearts of every living things and find peace and the meaning of life for my restless soul
Unread 10-11-2019, 06:34 AM

Thanks!

I made a thread suggesting this idea on the Help with Forums and Suggestions forum. Please post your concerns! I think it would be beneficial for the moderators to understand this is an issue we are concerned with.

Also I was going to post earlier, like a half hour ago, but the whole website server went down. Did you notice it as well?
Unread 10-11-2019, 07:29 AM

Re: Chatter and natter ����

yes, I experienced it too. The server is down for a moment.
May I explore to the very depth of this infinite universe, expose and fight the abyss of crimes, understands the hearts of every living things and find peace and the meaning of life for my restless soul