Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 04-10-2019, 02:11 AM

Re: How did you get into astrology?

One of my Mom's interest is astrology and has been since before I was born,She's the one who first told me I'm a Sagittarius, and I remember her telling me about how my love of nature and enthusiasm I feel over learning about insects/animals and such is related to me being a Sagittarius as it's a sign that loves the outdoors and nature,I also remember her telling me my Asc is Aquarius and my Moon is in Leo also when I was quite young 5-9 or so somewhere in that age range.She showed me my chart and read her interpretations of how she think's it relates to me, all the planets and houses/aspects and such,So she made sure I knew early on that astrology is more than just the sun or even much more than just the sun/moon and ascendant.

In January of 1998 when I had just turned 28 years old I suddenly started feeling a great deal of anxiety and depression over being reminded of a very unhappy period of my life that had culminated in it's peak distress in late 1986 and early 87.I felt disappointed at myself initially when I started remembering that time and getting depressed/anxious over it, because I thought for the few years between that I had dealt with that trauma and that the past couldn't distress me anymore and I found out quite suddenly that I was wrong.

It turns out that transiting Pluto was approaching a conjunction with my natal 7 degree Sag sun in late 1997 and 1998 and my Mom talked to me about how Pluto transits can hit you like a ton of brick's,She herself had Pluto transit her Scorpio sun and moon a few years earlier and that was a very rough time for her.She told me about how Pluto could bring up unresolved issues from the past and about how it lets you know you need change in your outlook on life.especially after experiencing that Pluto transit first hand my interest in astrology intensified beyond what it already was.

Unread 04-10-2019, 02:29 AM

Hello everyone!

I first got into astrology when using an online bookmarking app called StumbleUpon.

I was in a phase of my life where I was very interested in learning about myself. I had recently understood more about myself as a woman — in learning and researching about INTJ women.

The website I stumbled on was cafeastrology.com. I ran my chart, and read the result — and I was moderately surprised. However, I was not impressed.

And then I came to this forum, and spent some time in the chat room. It was here that I met an astrologer who told me that I was studying incorrectly — and that I should be using the lahiri zodiac. She ran my chart, and made pinpoint accurate observations about me. Now I was thoroughly interested. I began studying, running my charts, doing all sorts of things ever since.

Regardless of what many people say/believe on this forum — in studying my personality, I completely disagree with the tropical zodiac. I use the lahiri zodiac, and still do many western astrology techniques. I have also studied Vedic techniques. But I primarily use Western.

I find I have to do my studies alone, because many people here refuse to discuss charts with me unless it is in the tropical zodiac. It is just a zodiac.

Someday I may write a book, titled the “union of zodiacs”.
Unread 04-10-2019, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duenderoja View Post
Hello everyone!

I first got into astrology when using an online bookmarking app called StumbleUpon.

I was in a phase of my life where I was very interested in learning about myself. I had recently understood more about myself as a woman — in learning and researching about INTJ women.

The website I stumbled on was cafeastrology.com. I ran my chart, and read the result — and I was moderately surprised. However, I was not impressed.

And then I came to this forum, and spent some time in the chat room. It was here that I met an astrologer who told me that I was studying incorrectly — and that I should be using the lahiri zodiac. She ran my chart, and made pinpoint accurate observations about me. Now I was thoroughly interested. I began studying, running my charts, doing all sorts of things ever since.

Regardless of what many people say/believe on this forum — in studying my personality, I completely disagree with the tropical zodiac. I use the lahiri zodiac, and still do many western astrology techniques. I have also studied Vedic techniques. But I primarily use Western.

I find I have to do my studies alone, because many people here refuse to discuss charts with me unless it is in the tropical zodiac. It is just a zodiac.

Someday I may write a book, titled the “union of zodiacs”.

Hi duenderoja,

I didn't see your thread pertaining to your natal chart. Would love to read sidereal chart, very rarely to see a person generating sidereal chart. Have been using Aldebaran 15 Taurus sinve joining this forum.

R
Unread 04-10-2019, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunConjunctUranus View Post
Hi duenderoja,

I didn't see your thread pertaining to your natal chart. Would love to read sidereal chart, very rarely to see a person generating sidereal chart. Have been using Aldebaran 15 Taurus sinve joining this forum.

R
If I posted my chart, it may have been a decade ago, LOL.
Unread 05-13-2019, 03:53 PM

this post is removed
this post is removed

Last edited by Keita Carr; 05-15-2019 at 03:19 AM.
Unread 06-19-2019, 11:26 PM

Smoked a pipe, saw my sun sign speaking to me, followed its advice and got into astrology. I swear to Brahman that's how it happened.
Unread 06-19-2019, 11:29 PM

Smile Re: How did you get into astrology?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Smoked a pipe, saw my sun sign speaking to me, followed its advice and got into astrology. I swear to Brahman that's how it happened.
Was it a Mermaid?
Unread 06-19-2019, 11:30 PM

I didn't get into astrology, it got into me.
Unread 06-19-2019, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
I didn't get into astrology, it got into me.
That moment when David went to jail for being a hard gangsta and found, not Jezus, but astrology. Touching, I'm crying right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Was it a Mermaid?
Nope, a giant crab walking on a divine booty. I was told to seek out astrology from it as it hid under the divine bootys thong.
Unread 07-12-2019, 10:21 AM

I read a book by Bejan daruwalla. I randomly picked it up at WHSmith. Capricorn 2008! I was curious to read about my sun traits when I saw the book. Anyway I went to see a Hindu astrologer who told me I would get promoted in April and a lot of other stuff which came true in April. Then reading the book and the things it said would happen in 2008 was happening to me. Pluto has just moved into cap and I was a totallly different person. I was changing and transforming which I was too stubborn to do before. Then I went onto good old cafe astrology and ran my chart which said I was libra rising etc and I liked what I read and just started from their getting hungry for more info!!!😇🌟
The Following User Says Thank You to Hkk For This Useful Post:
david starling (07-12-2019)
Unread 07-12-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
That moment when David went to jail for being a hard gangsta and found, not Jezus, but astrology. Touching, I'm crying right now.

Nope, a giant crab walking on a divine booty. I was told to seek out astrology from it as it hid under the divine bootys thong.
No meme for the booty?
Unread 08-21-2019, 12:50 PM

Having lost the will to live

So teach, teacher. You have to teach.

~ https://www.moonplutoastrology.com/"
Unread 10-02-2019, 12:03 PM

Az curious Gemini, I was doing some research about the topic, and ended up wanting to learn more and more. Still I think there's a lot to learn, and sometimes I wish I'd have more time for it...