Interpreting the Part of Fortune in my chart.

athenian200

Well, I've come across another horoscope factor I'm not sure how to interpret. Most of what I've seen is pretty vague.

uSkzutj.gif

In my chart, it falls in the 6th house in Sagittarius and makes no aspects. There are also no other planets in Sagittarius. In that situation, I've been advised to look at the ruler of the sign in which the PoF is placed.

Now, looking at Jupiter, I see that it's placed in the 12th house in Taurus. The 12th house is generally considered a bad placement from what I've heard. The only positive aspect I'm seeing is that it trines Saturn, which I've heard joys in the 12th.

The only thing I'm seeing from this is that it seems to either indicate bad luck overall, or else good luck in situations involving prisons and hospitals.

Is there anything else to be said about it? Or is that pretty much it?

athenian200

Yeah, it did. Thanks for the link.

It mostly confirms what I suspected. It's a minor influence that really isn't positioned to have much of an impact at all.

It aspects no planets and isn't even close to a fixed star. It also sits in a house with no planets.

I mean, the fact that Jupiter is the ruling planet in that matter also suggests that it has no meaning. Jupiter is usually a positive influence anyway, so I can't imagine it being the ruler of the PoF would help or hinder that very much.

In other words, it seems like it really doesn't tell me anything that I couldn't have guessed from Jupiter being in the 12th.

Although, for what it's worth, I'm fairly positive that my birth time is accurate to at least the nearest 5 minutes. I was born via C-section and a lot of people were watching. It was a big academic medical center... Rush University, I think. Some students were observing to learn how to perform the procedure. AFAIK, hospitals are a bit more careful about marking the time when surgery is involved.

Last edited: