Will I move before lease ends?

jascole7

Moved to an apartment with a family member in mid-feb and it’s been hell ever since. The apartment is too small, we can hear our neighbors, and my family member is not a very good roommate. I’m really wanting to transfer back to a one bedroom which will give me more space/peace of mind.

My interpretation:
My significators are Jupiter in 2H Cap and Taurus Moon in 5H as co-sig
Current apartment: also Jupiter (4H = Pisces)
New apartment: Aries Merc in 4H, Gem Venus as co-sig

First off, Jupiter is in detriment in 2H which is fitting. Finances feel strained here on top of the other issues I mentioned. Very restricted placement!

Moon is exalted but in combust, squaring Jupiter and not making any aspect to new apartment (Merc/Venus). I feel this is because I ultimately have power over lease terms (it’s in my name) and it’s very easy to transfer, but I’m unable to act. Since it’s squaring Jupiter in 2H, I think this is because of my fears that finances will be worse when I’m back on my own.

Mercury is also squaring Jupiter (which is still a sig of mine), so new place may not be the relief I’m expecting if I go forward with it or the move may cause a bit of drama with my roommate.

I realllyyyy wanted this to be a good reading but it doesn’t look that way at all to me. What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 483DDFE4-6B11-4B49-ABDD-6F77D10A888C.jpg
    483DDFE4-6B11-4B49-ABDD-6F77D10A888C.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Chrysalis

Yes, mercury looks like your roommate, so with the applying square to you Jupiter, it looks like they won't take it very well. Because Mercury is in Aries they could become quite melodramatic and throw a tantrum etc.

As you/jup are in the 2nd, could it be that your roommate will use something to do with finances to make it harder for you to leave?

jascole7

Yes, mercury looks like your roommate, so with the applying square to you Jupiter, it looks like they won't take it very well. Because Mercury is in Aries they could become quite melodramatic and throw a tantrum etc.

As you/jup are in the 2nd, could it be that your roommate will use something to do with finances to make it harder for you to leave?

Thank you for your response, Chrysalis! Yes, I’m thinking he will destroy the apartment or ‘lose’ keys so that I have some sort of financial responsibility (the keys are electronic and very expensive to replace). I also have work property in the common room that I’m afraid he might damage. It’s all very unpredictable which is why I’m not sure what to do.

Chrysalis

Thank you for your response, Chrysalis! Yes, I’m thinking he will destroy the apartment or ‘lose’ keys so that I have some sort of financial responsibility (the keys are electronic and very expensive to replace). I also have work property in the common room that I’m afraid he might damage. It’s all very unpredictable which is why I’m not sure what to do.

Yes, I'm seeing that too, 2nd from 4th would be your apartment possessions, ruler being mars in the 2nd of possessions, which also the moon is applying to a square with. So some kind of swindling maybe, i don't think anything too drastic as mars is in sect and venus does also trine, so something in retaliation but not too extreme.

What would be the reason he would be not so keen on you moving out, would it be because this would then mean he has to pay the full rent or move out himself?

jascole7

What would be the reason he would be not so keen on you moving out, would it be because this would then mean he has to pay the full rent or move out himself?

He would have to move out as well and has already expressed he doesn’t really know who else he would want to live with. If he has to leave our current place, he’d more than likely move back in with his parents and that was a very stressful situation for everyone in the household (his mom is asking what she needs to do financially to keep him from coming back home!)

Chrysalis

He would have to move out as well and has already expressed he doesn’t really know who else he would want to live with. If he has to leave our current place, he’d more than likely move back in with his parents and that was a very stressful situation for everyone in the household (his mom is asking what she needs to do financially to keep him from coming back home!)

His mum could be venus (also financial help) then in the 7th, as she trines with mars ruler of finances for the apartment. Your roommates in the 4th, he wants to stay. So with the applying squares between Mercury/Jupiter and moon/mars, there looks to be some issues surrounding you wanting to move out, but venus (his mum) will try and help out financially.

But now I'm going to throw another spanner in the works, mars is faster than venus presently, with venus preparing to go retrograde so is slowing down, this means that this trine never perfects as venus never catches up with mars. So it could be that his mum offers to help out financially for him to stay, but then something changes and she can't or he won't accept her help or she just changes her mind.

jascole7

His mum could be venus (also financial help) then in the 7th, as she trines with mars ruler of finances for the apartment. Your roommates in the 4th, he wants to stay. So with the applying squares between Mercury/Jupiter and moon/mars, there looks to be some issues surrounding you wanting to move out, but venus (his mum) will try and help out financially.

But now I'm going to throw another spanner in the works, mars is faster than venus presently, with venus preparing to go retrograde so is slowing down, this means that this trine never perfects as venus never catches up with mars. So it could be that his mum offers to help out financially for him to stay, but then something changes and she can't or he won't accept her help or she just changes her mind.

Wow I definitely see the latter working out in a couple of ways:

(1) I think she will try to help him secure another apartment but won’t be able to do as much as she thinks she can. He has a criminal record and his job pays in cash. With felonies and no paystubs, the apartment search will probably be very difficult. So while she may be able to help with rent/utilities, he still has to get approved for a place first.

(2) She may tell him he can come back home but change her mind. They’ve already made use of his old room and she had a full house even before he moved out. He’s been very stressful for her financially and emotionally, so while I know she wants to support him, I don’t think she’ll be able to handle it if he’s back in the house.

Chrysalis

Wow I definitely see the latter working out in a couple of ways:

(1) I think she will try to help him secure another apartment but won’t be able to do as much as she thinks she can. He has a criminal record and his job pays in cash. With felonies and no paystubs, the apartment search will probably be very difficult. So while she may be able to help with rent/utilities, he still has to get approved for a place first.

(2) She may tell him he can come back home but change her mind. They’ve already made use of his old room and she had a full house even before he moved out. He’s been very stressful for her financially and emotionally, so while I know she wants to support him, I don’t think she’ll be able to handle it if he’s back in the house.

Venus in Gemini is in the detriment of Jupiter, so it looks to be to do with being able to help him with the apartment he is now with you, as jupiter rules the apartment. He probably knows himself he's going to find it hard being able to secure another tenancy, so this would make him even more not happy with you wanting to not renew the lease.

And yes moon rules his finances 2nd from 7th, posited in the apartments finances house, and moons currently combust, meaning his financial situation is not great to be able to stay on at this appt when you leave. Also looking at the moon representing his finances, being combust, separating from a square with Saturn, and also applying to Uranus next. Are his finances in one hand and out of the other, he's not good with saving, and he has recently had some financial issues with the recent moon/Saturn square?

Last edited:

jascole7

Venus in Gemini is in the detriment of Jupiter, so it looks to be to do with being able to help him with the apartment he is now with you, as jupiter rules the apartment. He probably knows himself he's going to find it hard being able to secure another tenancy, so this would make him even more not happy with you wanting to not renew the lease.

And yes moon rules his finances 2nd from 7th, posited in the apartments finances house, and moons currently combust, meaning his financial situation is not great to be able to stay on at this appt when you leave. Also looking at the moon representing his finances, being combust, separating from a square with Saturn, and also applying to Uranus next. Are his finances in one hand and out of the other, he's not good with saving, and he has recently had some financial issues with the recent moon/Saturn square?

Chrysalis you have such a gift for interpretations! It’s a constant conversation about him spending all of his money. Last week he was joking about how he blew through $3k in the past few weeks yet he’s still depending on his mom to help with emergencies (which come up often for him). Luckily this hasn’t had an effect on our shared expenses yet as far as the current apartment goes, but I could definitely see how it could affect his plans for moving somewhere else because he doesn’t have anything saved for relocation.

Chrysalis

Chrysalis you have such a gift for interpretations! It’s a constant conversation about him spending all of his money. Last week he was joking about how he blew through $3k in the past few weeks yet he’s still depending on his mom to help with emergencies (which come up often for him). Luckily this hasn’t had an effect on our shared expenses yet as far as the current apartment goes, but I could definitely see how it could affect his plans for moving somewhere else because he doesn’t have anything saved for relocation.

Now we're getting to the core of the issues surrounding you being able to move out, it looks like this issue with his finances is going to be the main issue with you being able to pursue what you want to do.

I think the applying square between Mercury/Jupiter is going to hold you back, making you feel even more restricted in your current situation. Its a changing situation with all angles on mutable signs, so you could keep changing your mind about what you should do, you don't feel confident to tell him (jup in fall) and Asc/Dsc in a pitted degree.

jascole7

Now we're getting to the core of the issues surrounding you being able to move out, it looks like this issue with his finances is going to be the main issue with you being able to pursue what you want to do.

I think the applying square between Mercury/Jupiter is going to hold you back, making you feel even more restricted in your current situation. Its a changing situation with all angles on mutable signs, so you could keep changing your mind about what you should do, you don't feel confident to tell him (jup in fall) and Asc/Dsc in a pitted degree.

I really appreciate your insight! I agree, it’s tough because I don’t want him to feel abandoned and we’re very close so I’m afraid it’ll affect our dynamic on top of causing a scene. But at the same time I feel the move would be a much more peaceful environment for me. If I transfer units, I’d be signing the paperwork in the next two weeks (the move would be 4-6 weeks from now) so I’ll definitely provide an update.

jascole7

This is a VERY late update but I decided to move out. I was very hesitant about telling him and when I finally did, he was very upset and hasn’t really talked to me since. He’s been sulking but I’ll take that over tantrums/hostility. His mom did offer to help financially, but we are just NOT compatible as roommates and money wasn’t going to help the situation. I broke the news to him a few weeks ago and will be moving in a little over a week from now. Chrysalis, you were spot on with my indecisiveness but things kept happening that forced me to move for my own sanity. Thank you again!