Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Questions on Relational Issues

Horary Questions on Relational Issues For horary questions about relationships.

Unread 04-07-2015, 04:51 AM

Re: Little Fishes and Bear Rabbit! Marriage?

You're right. But the horary isn't going to tell you something will come to pass that isn't in the natal promise.

Predicting the future is no easy task. I suppose if you're certain you know all the events and how they'll transpire in a native's life, you'd have no need of horary at all. Then again, if you're that good, you probably have no need of astrology at all.

But I don't think you're giving horary enough credit here. Yes, you'll make mistakes. You'll make mistakes in natal interpretation, too. If you try to merge the two, or compare them before the fact, you're likely to make twice as many mistakes, not fewer. At least that's how I've always seen it work out.

Horary is a wonderful stand alone technique. There is no need to complicate it.

Unread 04-07-2015, 06:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
You're right. But the horary isn't going to tell you something will come to pass that isn't in the natal promise.

Predicting the future is no easy task. I suppose if you're certain you know all the events and how they'll transpire in a native's life, you'd have no need of horary at all. Then again, if you're that good, you probably have no need of astrology at all.

But I don't think you're giving horary enough credit here. Yes, you'll make mistakes. You'll make mistakes in natal interpretation, too. If you try to merge the two, or compare them before the fact, you're likely to make twice as many mistakes, not fewer. At least that's how I've always seen it work out.

Horary is a wonderful stand alone technique. There is no need to complicate it.
Mistakes and proficiency can be controlled with knowledge and experience but are not part of this dialogue: the issue is conceptual. Applying a second measure as per astrological lore (i.e., natal promise) can only strengthen the correctness of the conclusion, even if it confounds the astrologer. We must draw a distinction between proficiency and concept. If there is not proficiency and experience, as with anything, it makes sense why working with two charts one does not understand can yield double the mistakes. Excluding additional, double-checking analyses affords increased likelihood of mistakes. It does not afford greater control, as you imply. Proficiency and concept are complematary of course so, with both, the horary should reflect the natal promise in an accurate reading.

You are entitled to disagree. Before you do that, however, the burden of proof rests on your existing natal data which remain uncorrelated with your existing horary data. The claims you are making are not tested. It has been established that astrology is complex, however, that is all the more reason for continued research which can make us better practitioners and theorists as the art lives on, rather than being indocrinated misers who carry the moral burden of misleading with incorrect predictions*. Prediction being difficult is not an excuse. Doctors could say the same thing. A responsible practitioner is dedicated to life-long learning.

* Comment is conceptual; not personal.
Unread 04-07-2015, 06:32 AM

In medieval and early modern times, when one apprenticed to an astrologer, one was required to show proficiency in horary and electional astrology before learning natal.

If it works for you to use both natal and horary, nobody's going to stop you. Bear in mind that most of the time I speak from many years of practical experience. I do not find it useful to correlate horary to natal, and haven't seen the technique used profitably by others. But if it makes things easier for you, by all means do it that way. Nothing says you can't.
Unread 04-07-2015, 07:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
In medieval and early modern times, when one apprenticed to an astrologer, one was required to show proficiency in horary and electional astrology before learning natal.
Obv., learning has a sequence. You are ignoring the issue on the table, which is natal promise predictions.

Quote:
I do not find it useful to correlate horary to natal, and haven't seen the technique used profitably by others.
In other words, you have not tried. Maybe you can provide one source where it is shown a set of comfirmed horary outcomes and their incongruency with natal promise. I didn't think so.

Natal promise astrology is fundamental to astrological lore. Discounting its value in prediction methodology is ludicrous. I can understand why people choose not to conduct extra tests. It is time consuming and requires a crazy degree of expertese for interpretation, the benefit will never outweigh the cost. However, the OP's question, does natal promise factor into horary validity, is answered with an inevitable yes. It is an Oddity to suggest otherwise. ♥
Unread 04-07-2015, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessie View Post
In other words, you have not tried. Maybe you can provide one source where it is shown a set of comfirmed horary outcomes and their incongruency with natal promise. I didn't think so.
I never said that, Tess. If I hadn't tried it at some point, I likely would have nothing to say on the matter.

Again, if you find the technique useful, by all means, use it. Nothing stops you. But if you don't find it useful to look at a natal chart when the question is something like: Is the used car I want to buy a lemon or no?, or Where are the earrings I lost? then don't use it.

I do not find the technique of practical value. That's all.
Unread 04-07-2015, 09:37 AM

Congratulations!!! Which astrologers got the answer right?
Unread 04-08-2015, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralrabbit View Post
We were married legally; yes~

Hey Astral rabbit,

Congratulations!!! When exactly did you get married? Moon conjuncts part of marriage in about 5 degrees, perhaps this is the timing here...

thanks for updating!
Unread 04-08-2015, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralrabbit View Post
We were married legally; yes~
congratulations dear astralrabbit
Unread 04-14-2015, 01:21 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaella View Post
Hey Astral rabbit,

Congratulations!!! When exactly did you get married? Moon conjuncts part of marriage in about 5 degrees, perhaps this is the timing here...

thanks for updating!
Thank you and your welcome. April 3rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erickaf View Post
Congratulations!!! Which astrologers got the answer right?
Thank you, and I feel that Rafaella was fairly spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
congratulations dear astralrabbit
Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to astralrabbit For This Useful Post:
rafaella (04-14-2015)

Tags
bear, fishes, marriage, rabbit