To all who practice the art; please take notice.

astralrabbit

Account Closed
"Never Ending Math Equation"

I'm the same as I was when I was 6 years old
And oh my God I feel so **** old
I don't really feel anything
On a plane, I can see the tiny lights below
And oh my God, they look so alone
Do they really feel anything?
Oh my God, I've gotta gotta gotta gotta move on
Where do you move when what you're moving from
Is yourself?
The universe works on a math equation
that never even ever really even ends in the end
Infinity spirals out creation
We're on the tip of its tongue, and it is saying
We ain't sure where you stand
You ain't machines and you ain't land
And the plants and the animals, they are linked
And the plants and the animals eat each other
Oh my God and oh my cat
I told my Dad what I need
Well I know what I have and want
But I don't know what I need
Well, he said he said he said he said
"Where we're going I'm dead."

Modest Mouse

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Hello and welcome astralrabbit :smile:
Hello everyone. I am in my infancy concerning Astrology. I have been studying at least 20 hours each week for a little over a year now, and have read a lot of books concerning this great art and researched quite a bit of physcological text in effort to increase the efficacy of any potential long term chart readings.
I have been listening, observing, the lives of others that have granted me their permission to do so in effort to really dig deep into the nature of this art. I do not know it all; in fact I know jack in comparison to some with in this community; and I ask those with experience to offer your guidance where you see that it may be beneficial.
My first natal chart reading was done in Oct. of 2000, and instantly felt a great connection. The astrologer who gave the reading had been practicing for over 30 years. Over the course of a year, I had seen this lady several times, developing a repoir with her. In the spring of 2002, I was going through a very tenuous time in my life, marked with intense transformation . I conveyed to her a paticular problem that I was facing with another person at that time. I was some what introverted still and mellow with most all of my interactions with others. Now I was in conflict with another at this time ,not knowing what to do and faced with a situation in which I didn't have the experience for standing up for myself; and here I was searching for advice from this astrologer that I had developed a repoir with. Her main point that she stressed when looking at my chart was a sun-neptune conjunction, in which she stressed that I needed to stand up to people. She advised me to stand up to this other person that I was in conflict with and suggested that I take a specific action. I thought about it, and I took her advice. (no, it does not include any of the deadly sins) The advice that I acted upon changed this man's life dramatically, and my life as well. This astrologer inadverdantly knew this man as well ( 6 degrees of seperation ) and when she realized that I had taken her advice, felt horrible and to this day still does. This is the reason why I learn and hope to shed light upon our interactions with others. Our words are weighty, and if our own ego steps in when interpreting what it is that we see, then we are in danger of creating more than what we bargained for. I have had several open interactions with some in this forum, and have noticed that the art of communication could be embarked upon more artfully so to speak. You don't always no the person that you are speaking to, or what their phsycological state is at the time, so please be aware in how you address others, for if you were to practice the art of communication and deploy tact in a thoughtful manner then you may be diverting a very strenuous situation for yourself, and also allowing your conscious to remain unburdened.

Tact = The ability to tell a man to go to hell, and make him feel happy that he is on his way.

Thank you all.

waybread

Good advice, astralrabbit!

I am unclear about the details of your interaction with the man you confronted, but in the main I agree that we need to be very sensitive to others. Ideally, reading someone's chart will suggest to us how we can best communicate effectively with him.

Just for the sake of discussion, however, let me offer a different opinion. #1. Hindsight is easier than foresight.

With sun conjunct Neptune you were probably born with a huge measure of sensitivity. Neptune tends to dissolve what it touches, and when it touches the sun, it is your ego and sense of self that is difficult to maintain in a bounded and structured way. This means that you can be like a psychic sponge for others' feelings. This can be really helpful as you read charts for people. Yet people without sun-Neptune contacts are not necessarily so sensitive.

The emotions you've described in your recollection sound a lot like guilt to me. Maybe I'm misreading them. But at some level guilt only damages the person who feels it. People have to learn from their mistakes, make amends if they can, take responsibility for their own lives, and move on.

We should all work towards a kinder, gentler world. In the meantime, we do become stronger by learning to stand up for ourselves, particularly against bullies, large and small. Otherwise we reinforce the bully's notion that his actions have no consequences for himself. On an esoteric level, this isn't good for his soul development.

Some signs have more capacity to be tactful than others. Sagittarians-- esp. with Mercury in this sign-- are noted for being brash and outspoken. Generally this isn't out of malice, merely telling the truth as they see it. As visitors to Planet Sagittarius maybe we can agree that it is a good idea to drop the pretenses and phony charades of polite conversation and just to say what we mean. On Planet Libra, in contrast, diplomacy is important.

As we use astrology as a tool for self-awareness, we can let go of behaviours that no longer support us or those around us, and gain understand of what motivates people, the demons with which they struggle, as well as their assets and talents.

Best wishes for your astro-journey. You are well underway.

astralrabbit

Account Closed
Good advice, astralrabbit!

I am unclear about the details of your interaction with the man you confronted, but in the main I agree that we need to be very sensitive to others. Ideally, reading someone's chart will suggest to us how we can best communicate effectively with him.

Just for the sake of discussion, however, let me offer a different opinion. #1. Hindsight is easier than foresight.

Yes indeed!

With sun conjunct Neptune you were probably born with a huge measure of sensitivity. Neptune tends to dissolve what it touches, and when it touches the sun, it is your ego and sense of self that is difficult to maintain in a bounded and structured way. This means that you can be like a psychic sponge for others' feelings. This can be really helpful as you read charts for people. Yet people without sun-Neptune contacts are not necessarily so sensitive.

This is correct. It can be somewhat overwhelming at times. I do have the great ability to pick up on the most subtle hints that are relayed from ones physche, let us call them energy signatures. Each emotion emits a different frequency and pattern of energy. This ability to see this, has saved my life before.

The emotions you've described in your recollection sound a lot like guilt to me. Maybe I'm misreading them. But at some level guilt only damages the person who feels it. People have to learn from their mistakes, make amends if they can, take responsibility for their own lives, and move on.

It is in my nature to feel pain for another when I knock them down even after they have thrown the first punch. This also gives me greater ability to reflect on how I best can use my gifts to facilitate healing with the least amount of pain. However I agree with you. Some things lamented over will only allow you the opportunity to delve deeper into a spiral, if you are not able to understand the essence of human nature and able to make amends with the fact that the universe doesn't always provide Belgian Waffles with confectioners sugar with strawberries, instead of Chitlins.

We should all work towards a kinder, gentler world. In the meantime, we do become stronger by learning to stand up for ourselves, particularly against bullies, large and small. Otherwise we reinforce the bully's notion that his actions have no consequences for himself. On an esoteric level, this isn't good for his soul development.

The world gives us the compassion in the intensity that we seek. Yes, I agree; standing up to bullie's stop's the enablement. Diplomacy first. Big stick if all else fails.

Some signs have more capacity to be tactful than others. Sagittarians-- esp. with Mercury in this sign-- are noted for being brash and outspoken. Generally this isn't out of malice, merely telling the truth as they see it. As visitors to Planet Sagittarius maybe we can agree that it is a good idea to drop the pretenses and phony charades of polite conversation and just to say what we mean. On Planet Libra, in contrast, diplomacy is important.

The higher expression of what we say can give to us what we need for our growth. It is inevitable that many ways of speech will be embarked upon by the different signs. The moment of thought given to others by what I have relayed is in effort to create awareness. When people come to us for answers, we must understand that our conscious minds may end up carrying a burden or a weight in which it may not be able to handle. That is the gift that I offer; an awareness. Those who are able to speak to others in a manner that will be accepted as a gift of understanding from those who seek guidance, may find that they will have a greater oppurtunity to inspire the courage to utilize the great gifts that the higher spirit has chosen to have access to while experiencing this manifestation.

As we use astrology as a tool for self-awareness, we can let go of behaviours that no longer support us or those around us, and gain understand of what motivates people, the demons with which they struggle, as well as their assets and talents.

Best wishes for your astro-journey. You are well underway.

Thank you for your words of wisdom and for your advice!

Last edited by a moderator:

waybread

astralrabbit, thank you for your words of wisdom! There are people called "sensitives"-- like empaths. You seem to be one of them.