South Node crossing the ascendant transit

SailorPluto911

What does this transit mean? my nodes are currently crossing my ascendant/descendant points and I would like to know how this might show up in my life as. The south node is transiting over my ascendant and I have been feeling life is almost at a stalemate and very depressing and tiring.

I've also read that the North Node going over the descendant may bring a meeting with a significant person:unsure:

Does anyone have any experience of any of this?

Attachments

• transit chart.jpg
    transit chart.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 72

AstroPunter86

When this transit happened for me it was an extremely social time. My friends were everything to me. I was obsessed with group activities. Other peoples opinions mattered very much to me. Popularity was highly valued. And yes, there was plenty of dating going on. I never had so many dates in my life!

The downside was that I sometimes fell in with the wrong crowd and was taken advantage of on many occasions. It was so difficult to know my own needs or to be in touch with my own identity because I was so enthralled with getting along with other people.

Bear in mind this transit happened for me right in the middle of high school! I was seriously obsessed with "fitting in". LOL

SailorPluto911

When this transit happened for me it was an extremely social time. My friends were everything to me. I was obsessed with group activities. Other peoples opinions mattered very much to me. Popularity was highly valued. And yes, there was plenty of dating going on. I never had so many dates in my life!

The downside was that I sometimes fell in with the wrong crowd and was taken advantage of on many occasions. It was so difficult to know my own needs or to be in touch with my own identity because I was so enthralled with getting along with other people.

Bear in mind this transit happened for me right in the middle of high school! I was seriously obsessed with "fitting in". LOL

Hey! Thanks for your reply! :)

When I first read through it, I was thinking that we were having two opposite experiences - but actually, I do see a lot of similarities as well.

I am not having a social time but I am wanting to get out there more, and connect to “others”. I have been doing a lot of reflecting and seem to have been focusing on the things I am lacking in. I am wanting to be like others around me (fitting in, as you say) and have all these new experiences.
However, I seem to be stuck or blocked from moving forward how I’d like. The things I want seem to evade me, or not be possible at this time.
Perhaps this is a time where I am being forced to slow down and be introspective but the urge to keep moving forward is creating a conflict and feelings of unhappiness (especially when I compare my life to others).

No dates or romance is on the horizon but I keep hearing that fated relationships can appear at this time. I also have the upcoming eclipse happening on my descendant.. maybe someone will show when I least expect it. I have been doing a lot of thinking about my wants and needs in relationships (of all kinds) and working on accepting things that happened in the past so that’s good.

You say that you were in high school at the time this transit last happened for you, and wanting to “fit in” in that environment is normal, especially at that stage of development when friendships are the centre of a teenagers life. But, I’ve also read that when the south node goes over the ascendant, other people seem to hold all the cards, so I guess this makes sense for what you went through back then!

Hey I'm a Libra rising 26° and the south node is currently over my ascendant. There's a feeling of a death to my old personality as I humble myself before the emanating changes . It feels like I can't be my old self anymore. He did his best but it's time for him to rest . I thought I'd face serious opposition but it seems like people want to see a new positive me and to see what I can offer . It feels like I'm traveling through a portal wherein there a reflections of meaninglessness and tiresomeness . A new me wants to be born , and funny enough my solar return chart the NN stayed in my 8th house at 0° , so extra "de@th" for me.

curu1

You're going to experience a reverse nodal return when the NN conjuncts your natal SN. NN is transiting Gemini, so look at what mercury represents in your chart--in this case, it is the lord of your 10th so you could have some karma with work. A relationship can manifest but you should confirm that with your solar return.

BTW I would avoid using Placidus--it is not reliable or a system people use for serious analysis. Try equal house.