Help reading Part of Fortune+ Troubling Part of Children 12th House

angelastro

I am very interested in the Part of Fortune and what it means but I cannot find a lot of information. I also had learned there is a part of children and there is even less information on this. From my calculations my part of children and part of sons is in the 12th house in Cancer. Although a fruitful sign the 12th house is a bad one for this. I had read about this meaning death or miscarriage. If someone who knows how to read the part of fortune well could look at my chart I would really appreciate it. Also to make sure I even calculated right.

Part of Fortune is automatically done so I know that is right,
Here are my calculations I did on my own
Part of Children:
Asc+Ju-SA
128+16-36+ 108 (18 degrees Cancer) 12th house in my natal.

Part of Sons:
ASC+ME-JU
128+6-16+118 ( 28 degrees Cancer) 12th house

Part of Daughters:
ASC+VE-JU
128+72-16= 184 (4 degrees Libra )

My Natal chart info.
April 23 1999
12:53PM
St. Thomas, Ontario, Canada

Just for fun I do have a boyfriend and I like to calculate his chart as I learn. Also if we were to have children together how to these points interact with each other?

his:
Part of Children:
149+309-7= 451-360= 91 (31 degrees gemini)
Part of Daughters:
149+337-309= 177 (27 degrees Virgo)

Part of Sons:
149+338-309= 178 (28 degrees virgo)

His Natal Chart
4 March 1997
4:56PM
St. Thomas Ontario Canada

Are these points even relevant in astrology anymore? Are they even accurate?

- Trying to learn and understand!

dr. farr

Yes they are as relevant today as when they were used in Greco-Roman astrology 2000 years ago: the use of Lots is to determine specific potentials relative to the subject matter of the Lot: the sign the Lot is in, its house, the quality of the degrees the Lot is in (decanate, dodek and even monomoiria-wise), and, finally, aspects of the main (singificatory) planets of the chart which are made to the Lot, show whether the trend relative to the subject matter of the Lot is favorable, unfavorable, or neutral, and also can be used to find out what can be done to favor the subject matter of the Lot...Note, though, that extensive analysis of Lots is hardly undertaken in contemporary traditionalist practice, and is hardly known in modernist astrology.