Am I on the right path? (Career wise)

thecosmicpixie

Hey guys I was just wondering if I could get some help with interpreting my chart to see whether my choice of career is suitable to me or not.

I'm currently 19 and have taken a gap year from university to work as an admin trainee in a political office. I'm enrolled in a double degree of law and human resources but specifically would like to focus on human rights. I've always gone back and forth about doing psychology because I have (I feel) a deep understanding of people but unsure if I would be tolerant enough. Would I be good at these fields and what aspects would show me this?

I've also been told by a psychic to pursue what she does as a career as she sees high potential.. But this is something I'm not sure I could do yet (at least until I'm in my Middle Ages). Can you see potential for a spiritual/new age/psychic career if I were to pursue one?

pEe8Y6I.jpg

CPGDDcH.jpg

waybread

That big stellium in Aquarius in your 6th suggests that it is very important of you to be of service to people-- and to do so in innovative, far-reaching ways. This isn't to say you couldn't be great at sitting down with clients in a one-on-one counseling situation, but your talents seem to want a larger venue.

The 6th is also the house of illness/health; and the 5th house rules children, so you may be especially interested in fields like patients' or children's rights advocacy.

Psychology or counseling wouldn't be bad backgrounds for you to have, because Aquarius rules psychology. To me the question is the scale at which you prefer to operate. Also, a psychology practice requires a Master's degree with a Ph. D. often being preferred. So please consider how long you wish to be in school. However, having such a credential may give your voice more weight in human rights work.

With that moon in Gemini involved in a T-square, your big need would seem to be learning how to focus your energies. At the same time, you need a job that offers you a lot of variety within your job description.

You seem like a talented, original person.

If you have psychic ability you probably know it by now. This could also be a good field to develop but I would think you would want some serious professional credentials for a practice. You can use your intuitive gifts through many types of careers.

thecosmicpixie

That big stellium in Aquarius in your 6th suggests that it is very important of you to be of service to people-- and to do so in innovative, far-reaching ways. This isn't to say you couldn't be great at sitting down with clients in a one-on-one counseling situation, but your talents seem to want a larger venue.

The 6th is also the house of illness/health; and the 5th house rules children, so you may be especially interested in fields like patients' or children's rights advocacy.

Psychology or counseling wouldn't be bad backgrounds for you to have, because Aquarius rules psychology. To me the question is the scale at which you prefer to operate. Also, a psychology practice requires a Master's degree with a Ph. D. often being preferred. So please consider how long you wish to be in school. However, having such a credential may give your voice more weight in human rights work.

With that moon in Gemini involved in a T-square, your big need would seem to be learning how to focus your energies. At the same time, you need a job that offers you a lot of variety within your job description.

You seem like a talented, original person.

If you have psychic ability you probably know it by now. This could also be a good field to develop but I would think you would want some serious professional credentials for a practice. You can use your intuitive gifts through many types of careers.
Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I definitely feel the 6th house stellium. I have always always been a diligent student and very serious about my work, and quite a perfectionist too. Although, that can also go to extremes, like when I used to spend 20 minutes perfecting a single sentence on an essay for English in high school. I create myself a lot of stress. Would there be any aspects indicating this as well?

I definitely think you're right about working with a larger audience. I'd love to do community work more so than one on one work. I've always had an interest in helping children refugees.

I think psychology might be something I do later on in life.. Maybe. My law/human resources degree is already 5 years long and I'll be graduating when I'm 24. Are there any aspects in my chart which show how well I'd do in law or management??

Hmm you're right about the psychic stuff too. I'm very very intuitive and know I'm an empath but I would really have to delve in deeply to be a fortune teller type of psychic. she also said I'd leave a legacy in healing - perhaps that links to my 6th house and with health? (Mainly mental or spiritual health is my interest)

Last edited:

waybread

I'd put administration ahead of practising law. You have a 10th house moon that would probably enjoy management in a complex multi-department organization. Law as an object of study is a 9th house matter and litigation, a 7th house topic. However, I am not suggesting you change your course of study because if you want to get to a management level, it is an asset to have some credentials to your name.

I can't speak for the psychic advisor. I can suggest that people need to be healed on various levels, and sometimes an organization dedicated to restoring a group's sense of worth and dignity is an important way to do that.

Just for example, I heard on the radio today about a problem in India of women who have acid thrown in their faces, mostly by rejected suitors, and who are scarred for life; and an organization trying to help give back their lives. Sometimes healing takes place at an organizational level.

Frisiangal

Psychology or counseling wouldn't be bad backgrounds for you to have, because Aquarius rules psychology. To me the question is the scale at which you prefer to operate. Also, a psychology practice requires a Master's degree with a Ph. D. often being preferred.

Hi Waybread,
I've read your mentioning of this rulership a number of times and am wondering what your source of explanation is that makes you so sure. A check of a number of pages of internet doesn't give any specific rulership, Neptune also being included. I think a general leaning towards depth psychology would bring in Pluto but, of course, the field of psychology has many channels.
3rd house mind, as well as a strong Mercury influence would also seem important.
I'm not disagreeing with you. I know that Uranus is considered 'the higher octave' of Mercury, yet I have difficulty seeing the planet of future reform through independent thought acting as a psychologist.:smile: Maybe that is the answer?? The ability that enables an individual to get a different perception of circumstances?

Just curious.

ukdesifem

Public service

Related to helping people.

Possibly financial or home-related (2nd house)

Possibly advising in a finance capacity or to help others make/manage money (2nd house TN conjunct Mars).

Larxene

Loosely using Ptolemy's method:

1. No planet is making a heliacal appearance.
2. No planet is occupying the 10th sign from the Ascendant. However, the Moon occupies the sign where the MC is. Furthermore, the MC is in Mercury's confines. The Moon and the MC are in Mercury's domicile.

Thus, I would select Mercury as the significator of the Profession.

Note that Mercury takes on the nature of the other planets, being a planet signifying youth and thus, impressionability. Let's consider its influences. Capricorn is the domicile of Saturn, and Saturn strikes Mercury with a quartile (square) ray. On the other hand, Mars participates in the management of Capricorn, because it testifies to the sign. It casts a ray to Mercury from a right square. I am unsure about which planet's influence is stronger in this case, but I usually default to the domicile ruler, and therefore my choice is still Saturn. Next, we also have Venus in the same sign, and Mercury is applying to Venus. Finally, Jupiter is also in Capricorn, but its influence on Mercury is very, very slight due to the distance between the two.

Thus Mercury receives the influence from all four stars, but in addition it is also in its own terms/confines. Which influence is the strongest is a matter of judgement at this point, but I prefer to choose Saturn as the most influential here, although Mars can be considered as well.

So my own interpretation for this is that your profession will be of the nature of Mercury and Saturn.

Ptolemy says:

"...Mercury, for instance, produces writers, superintendents of business, accountants, teachers in the sciences, merchants and bankers: also, soothsayers, astrologers, and attendants on sacrifices, and, in short, all who live by the exercise of literature, and by furnishing explanation or interpretation; as well as by stipend and salary, or allowance. If Saturn bear testimony jointly with Mercury, persons then born will become managers of the affairs of others, or interpreters of dreams, or will be engaged in temples for the purpose of divination, and for the sake of their fanaticism..."

You said that you worked as an admin trainee. Admin work is, in my opinion, the domain of Saturn. Enrolled in law and human resource? Law is Mercury/Mars, Mercury/Saturn or Mars/Jupiter. Human resource is Mercury/Saturn. Psychology is ...I don't know, but probably Mercury.

Honestly, when I first saw the chart, I was thinking something along the lines of caring or cheering up or discovering methods for helping the sick or elderly. This was mainly because Mercury was with Venus in the 6th sign from Ascendant, and both were 'rulers' of the MC and 10th Place respectively. The 6th sign belongs to Saturn, and he aspects them from a square.

So I would say that you are on the right path. Just remember that Mercury is capable of many pursuits. It seems that you are inclined towards Mercury/Saturn/Mars, as expected.

If I may be allowed to say one thing, it is that your education gradually will become difficult and there will be problems with its completion. So you will need to persevere in that respect. Also, that your career will start off slowly, and it may be difficult to seek work with decent compensation at the start.

Off-topic question: As an individual, do you struggle to stand out among your peers or the crowd in general?

Hope this helped,

Larxene Xenohart

waybread

This is from Rex E. Bills, The Rulership Book, published by the American Federation of Astrologers. Psychology today is increasingly scientific, so I don't think it's a bad match.

JUPITERASC

2. No planet is occupying the 10th sign from the Ascendant. However, the Moon occupies the sign where the MC is. Furthermore, the MC is in Mercury's confines. The Moon and the MC are in Mercury's domicile.

Note that Mercury takes on the nature of the other planets, being a planet signifying youth and thus, impressionability. Let's consider its influences. Capricorn is the domicile of Saturn, and Saturn strikes Mercury with a quartile (square) ray. On the other hand, Mars participates in the management of Capricorn, because it testifies to the sign. It casts a ray to Mercury from a right square. I am unsure about which planet's influence is stronger in this case, but I usually default to the domicile ruler, and therefore my choice is still Saturn. Next, we also have Venus in the same sign, and Mercury is applying to Venus. Finally, Jupiter is also in Capricorn, but its influence on Mercury is very, very slight due to the distance between the two.

Thus Mercury receives the influence from all four stars, but in addition it is also in its own terms/confines. Which influence is the strongest is a matter of judgement at this point, but I prefer to choose Saturn as the most influential here, although Mars can be considered as well.

So my own interpretation for this is that your profession will be of the nature of Mercury and Saturn.

Ptolemy says:

"...Mercury, for instance, produces writers, superintendents of business, accountants, teachers in the sciences, merchants and bankers: also, soothsayers, astrologers, and attendants on sacrifices, and, in short, all who live by the exercise of literature, and by furnishing explanation or interpretation; as well as by stipend and salary, or allowance. If Saturn bear testimony jointly with Mercury, persons then born will become managers of the affairs of others, or interpreters of dreams, or will be engaged in temples for the purpose of divination, and for the sake of their fanaticism..."

You said that you worked as an admin trainee. Admin work is, in my opinion, the domain of Saturn. Enrolled in law and human resource? Law is Mercury/Mars, Mercury/Saturn or Mars/Jupiter. Human resource is Mercury/Saturn. Psychology is ...I don't know, but probably Mercury.

Honestly, when I first saw the chart, I was thinking something along the lines of caring or cheering up or discovering methods for helping the sick or elderly. This was mainly because Mercury was with Venus in the 6th sign from Ascendant, and both were 'rulers' of the MC and 10th Place respectively. The 6th sign belongs to Saturn, and he aspects them from a square.

So I would say that you are on the right path.

Just remember that Mercury is capable of many pursuits

It seems that you are inclined towards Mercury/Saturn/Mars, as expected.

If I may be allowed to say one thing, it is that your education gradually will become difficult and there will be problems with its completion. So you will need to persevere in that respect. Also, that your career will start off slowly, and it may be difficult to seek work with decent compensation at the start.

Off-topic question: As an individual, do you struggle to stand out among your peers or the crowd in general?

Hope this helped,
Larxene Xenohart
Larxene you have highlighted that it is important to keep in mind that
Mercury is capable of many pursuits
so then perhaps there is no "right path" as such for this nativity
but instead many possibilities and options
:smile:

Frisiangal

This is from Rex E. Bills, The Rulership Book, published by the American Federation of Astrologers. Psychology today is increasingly scientific, so I don't think it's a bad match.

Thanks Waybread.
Under psychology/psychologist the index of the book also listed Mercury, Neptune, Mars and Pluto in brackets under Uranus/Aquarius.
I wonder if that means only in a combination with Uranus or Aquarius , or in their own right as planets.

Larxene

@JupiterASC:

Yes, there may not be any 'right' paths, but there are 'better' or worse' paths, and this can be determined from the strongest influences impressed upon Mercury. In this chart, I decided that Saturn and Mars had the strongest influence, for Venus is ruled by both malefics, and she lacks dignities in Capricorn (I have excluded trigon-lordship, for I have found this kind of dignity to be lacking in determining the quality of a star). Jupiter, on the other hand, being in his fall and in the last degree of the sign, has his beneficence greatly reduced, and his influence is severely weakened.

By the way, I was paraphrasing Valens when I said that Mercury is capable of many pursuits:
"The star of Hermes is significant for the education of children, letters, disputation, speech...

Properly speaking, it makes temple-builders, brick-makers, sculptors, physicians, writers, lawyers, orators, philosophers, architects, musicians...

For, since this star is capable of many pursuits, it furnishes activities in accordance with the variation in the zoidia or its variously configured interweavings with the stars. For some of these zoidia, it furnishes knowing, for others, a negotiator; for some, service; for the [stars] in turn, it secures trafficking or instruction; and for some, [the activities] of agriculture or temple-keeping or public magistracy..." {The Anthology - Schmidt translation, Book 1, page 5-6.}
What is implied here is that although Mercury is capable of many pursuits, the kind of activity that Mercury would particularly excel at depends on which zodiac sign it is in, as well as what stars it is configured to, and to what extent is the configuration.

Here, because I find the influences of Saturn and Mars to be the strongest, I believe that the 'better' paths are of their natures. With that said though, because both malefics are not well-placed, I see problems down the road regardless of which road is taken. But problems are a fact of life. What's most important, from an individual perspective, isn't that a problem exists, but how one resourcefully overcomes it.

Larxene Xenohart

thecosmicpixie

Public service

Related to helping people.

Possibly financial or home-related (2nd house)

Possibly advising in a finance capacity or to help others make/manage money (2nd house TN conjunct Mars).

Hmm that's interesting, I've never seen much of the second house come into the equation but I've been told I'd make a good accountant.

thecosmicpixie

Ptolemy says:

So I would say that you are on the right path. Just remember that Mercury is capable of many pursuits. It seems that you are inclined towards Mercury/Saturn/Mars, as expected.

Hope this helped,

Larxene Xenohart

Thanks for your help!

I really like your perspective with the Mercury/Saturn careers. All those careers are very interesting to me and I would consider most of them.

Interesting as well that you mentioned my education completion would be difficult. May I ask, how you found this in my chart? and also what might be the problem?

To answer your question... I feel as though I do stand out. Maybe more so as a unique individual, but not so much stand out as a popular person. At school, everyone knew I went against mainstream and had very different tastes, and most people were friendly towards me but never did I become the centre of attention. I suppose my main goal is to be myself and to be recognised as someone unique. I guess I very much follow the aquarian traits & want to rebel and shock people if anything.

Larxene

Hello thecosmicpixie,

I based it on the fact that Saturn is in the 9th Place/Sign from the Ascendant (I use Whole-Sign houses to determine topics), being a malefic in its Fall, as well opposing the Domicile Lord of the 9th Place, Mars, who is also a malefic (contrary to sect) and who is also cosmically unfavourable (it is in its Exile, or placed to its Detriment). Mars is separating from Saturn, which is better than applying to it, but then it is applying to Mercury, significator of the profession, in a dominating square (one of the testimonies to there being troubles finding a well-paying job at the start).

Perhaps you will have arguments, disputes or problems in general with neighbours, friends, classmates, or house-mates, that somehow interfere with your education. Commuting to your school could also be a potential problem.

Another issue has to do with the fact that the Lot of Spirit is in Capricorn, in a cadent place, which makes issues regarding your individual actions and professions a bit more slack (more inactive rather than active). It's good that it is in the 11th sign from the Lot of Fortune (this place is called the Acquisitive place or just Acquisition), which means that you will gain from your actions and professions, and that you create your own 'luck' (Fortune signifies luck). But it is still in a decline, so not as active, and its Lords are malefics (Domicile Lord is Saturn, Exaltation Lord is Mars which participates in managing the sign due to having an aspect to the sign) and both of them are not well placed.

Finally there's also the issue of the triplicity lords of the 9th Place. The Aries trigon belongs to the Sun and Jupiter, with Saturn participating. The Sun placed to its detriment (in its Exile) and Jupiter is in its Fall. Saturn is also in its Fall. So yeah, potential difficulties in this area of life.

Larxene Xenohart

Last edited: