Saturn is a grandmother

SunW

The German astrologer Erich Bauer says that Saturn shows one of the grandmothers. The sign in which our Saturn is, shows the personality of our grandmother. I have noticed that the sign of Saturn often is the Sun sign of one of the grandmothers. For instance, if your Saturn is in Scorpio you might have a grandmother which zodiac sigh is Scorpio.

Tell me about your Saturn and your grandmothers.

Of course, I'm not saying that Saturn does not represent also one of the parents but now I want to learn more about how it shows the person's grandmother.

Love2Know

The German astrologer Erich Bauer says that Saturn shows one of the grandmothers. The sign in which our Saturn is, shows the personality of our grandmother. I have noticed that the sign of Saturn often is the Sun sign of one of the grandmothers. For instance, if your Saturn is in Scorpio you might have a grandmother which zodiac sigh is Scorpio.

Of course, I'm not saying that Saturn does not represent also one of the parents but now I want to learn more about how it shows the person's grandmother.

My saturn is saggitarius 4th house. She died a few weeks after my mother was born. I am told she was a saggitarius like my mother is. I am a cancer sun. Not much is know about her, though I bare her name. Very interesting post.

Blaze

Account Closed

Interesting theory. My Saturn is located in Cap and none of my grandmothers were Caps. One was a Gemini-sun and the other a Pieces sun.

SunW

Interesting theory. My Saturn is located in Cap and none of my grandmothers were Caps. One was a Gemini-sun and the other a Pieces sun.

But did any of them behave like a typical Capricorn in spite of the fact that she has another Sun sign? Or did any of them have a Capricornian profession?

Blaze

Account Closed
But did any of them behave like a typical Capricorn in spite of the fact that she has another Sun sign? Or did any of them have a Capricornian profession?

Nope. My grandmothers were both pretty true to their sun-sign. The Gemini-sun used to clean houses (Kinda a Virgo trait), The Pieces-sun pretty much lived off of the men she was with. Not sure that those of Cap traits.

Perhaps one of my great grandparents was a Cap...I'll check an edit this post with the details.

Okay, Edit.

It turns out, My great grandfather on my dads side was a Cap and he was a fishermen (And a jerk I might add ha).

Last edited:

SunW

Nope. My grandmothers were both pretty true to their sun-sign. The Gemini-sun used to clean houses (Kinda a Virgo trait), The Pieces-sun pretty much lived off of the men she was with. Not sure that those of Cap traits.

But what about their character? Was any of them a person who does not show emotions and is reasonable, pragmatic, domineering, oriented toward success?

Blaze

Account Closed
But what about their character? Was any of them a person who does not show emotions and is reasonable, pragmatic, domineering, oriented toward success?

Yea, My grandmother told me that her dad never told her he loved her. He did everything that a parent should do Minus the nurturing aspect of it. He also liked to lord over the house and he wasn't very sentimental (If something had no practical use, It was thrown away).

As for the success part, He was just a fishermen, But he'd never come home empty handed, So I would say that he didn't like to fail.

Now, My grandmother has one of those traits too. She doesn't like to show her emotions even though she is very easily hurt. Saying things like "I love you" will make her very cynical.

ashriia

I think saturn better represents the elderly people in our lives. If there is an aspect between saturn and moon, whether harmonious or inharmonious in your natal... then that could be a representation of a grandmother. But with no connection to the moon in a natal.. or the sign of a cancer, or the 4th house.. i am not sure if there would be a connection, aside from grandfathers.

for your research: I have saturn in leo 3rd house. My grandmothers were Aquarius and Gemini. I have not only saturn in leo, but saturn square sun. both grandfathers died before i was born -3rd represents early childhood.
I have moon sextile saturn. My grandmothers both lived until old age and I was very close to the Aquarius one/paternal side!(not surprising considering saturn placed in sun ruled leo), who lived with me. And my childhood was filled with old ladies, since I grew up in building with nice old widows.

Aspects and houses are so important for the details.:smile:

Love2Know

I think saturn better represents the elderly people in our lives. If there is an aspect between saturn and moon, whether harmonious or inharmonious in your natal... then that could be a representation of a grandmother. But with no connection to the moon in a natal.. or the sign of a cancer, or the 4th house.. i am not sure if there would be a connection, aside from grandfathers.

for your research: I have saturn in leo 3rd house. My grandmothers were Aquarius and Gemini. I have not only saturn in leo, but saturn square sun. both grandfathers died before i was born -3rd represents early childhood.
I have moon sextile saturn. My grandmothers both lived until old age and I was very close to the Aquarius one/paternal side!(not surprising considering saturn placed in sun ruled leo), who lived with me. And my childhood was filled with old ladies, since I grew up in building with nice old widows.

Aspects and houses are so important for the details.:smile:
I didnt have elderly people in my life?

ashriia

I didnt have elderly people in my life?
Love2know you misunderstood my post. I was referring to Saturn as a representation of All the elderly people in Our lives in response to OP's initial post. Of course everyone has or had elderly people in their lives.

ashriia

Additionally, I know there is a house designated to grandmother's in the chart. Just like siblings, aunts and uncles which involves counting houses. Haven't really learned how to do all that yet.

greybeard

Saturn is not specifically the grandmother. It is older people in general.
What is the basis for Bauer's claim? What evidence does he provide?

athenian200

I don't know if this is true in general, but it seems to be true in my case. I always thought there was a connection.

My Grandmother's sun is in Capricorn in the 7th house, and my Saturn is also in Capricorn in the 7th house.

emily23

one of my grandmothers died when my dad was ten so I have no idea what her sign was..my mums mothers was a taurus
My one grandad was a capricorn, the other a sagitarrius

My saturn is in capricorn

I find no meaning in it, trying to match sun signsto saturn signs, some maybe coincidence but these ideas soon fall at the first hurdle...whose idea was it in the first place? That your saturn signs shows your grandmas sign? Or personality?

I personally find no correlation to grandparents in my chart per se but one thing I can say for sure is my sun and aspects reflect my dad and my moon and aspects reflect my mum....now If I was to go into psychological astrology and other types and what all the houses and planets and signs might mean Im sure I could find so many links from saturn and capricorn and houses to my grandmas.......but I will give it a miss as I dont like meaningless fruitless migraines

Saturn sign imo (amongst other things) shows your instinctual attitude to authority....thats all..wherever it came from.I just remember my grandparents with love and cherish what littleor much they gave me...wouldnt want to even know their birth charts lol! They suffered in the wars, they gave what they could, Id rather let them rip and just remember them ~~~~

Last edited:

Love2Know

one of my grandmothers died when my dad was ten so I have no idea what her sign was..my mums mothers was a taurus
My one grandad was a capricorn, the other a sagitarrius

My saturn is in capricorn

I find no meaning in it, trying to match sun signsto saturn signs, some maybe coincidence but these ideas soon fall at the first hurdle...whose idea was it in the first place? That your saturn signs shows your grandmas sign? Or personality?

I personally find no correlation to grandparents in my chart per se but one thing I can say for sure is my sun and aspects reflect my dad and my moon and aspects reflect my mum....now If I was to go into psychological astrology and other types and what all the houses and planets and signs might mean Im sure I could find so many links from saturn and capricorn and houses to my grandmas.......but I will give it a miss as I dont like meaningless fruitless migraines

Saturn sign imo (amongst other things) shows your instinctual attitude to authority....thats all..wherever it came from.I just remember my grandparents with love and cherish what littleor much they gave me...wouldnt want to even know their birth charts lol! They suffered in the wars, they gave what they could, Id rather let them rip and just remember them ~~~~

Shouldnt part of our ancestry show in our charts? I really dont know anything about mine though.

emily23

Yes maybe...but its all speculative and projecting......best research your family through records and relatives, I doubt your birth chart will help much

Your birth chart is about YOU....not every ancestor from recent and going back to monkeys can be found in it...I truly believe its just a very personal map of sorts....your parents and grandparents are important but their gift is THIS..ie YOU.no need to go prying and wondering about them in it, just live it, just imho

Last edited:

Love2Know

Yes maybe...but its all speculative and projecting......best research your family through records and relatives, I doubt your birth chart will help much

Your birth chart is about YOU....not every ancestor from recent and going back to monkeys can be found in it...I truly believe its just a very personal map of sorts....your parents and grandparents are important but their gift is THIS..ie YOU.no need to go prying and wondering about them in it, just live it, just imho
Ok interesting. Records... I probably wouldnt do that just because I dont think I would get very far. I know an uncle of my (gemini sun) was very into that stuff... I am more interested about my maternal grandmother personally. I mean her personality and stuff. I just know she was a sag sun who died mysteriously in her early 20's.

Claire19

Grandparents are in the 7th or the 1st houses depending which side of the family. It is not correct to say that Saturn is our grandparents. It mainly indicates father figure or authority, the one that has the more public life and is the boss. I dont agree with Erich Bauer I am afraid. I have Saturn in Leo and no grandparents with that sign, same with my nephews and my parents who also have that placement. It doesnt hold water. The houses always have be looked at for family relations. 4th and 10th for parents and then add their parents etc.

emily23

Ok interesting. Records... I probably wouldnt do that just because I dont think I would get very far. I know an uncle of my (gemini sun) was very into that stuff... I am more interested about my maternal grandmother personally. I mean her personality and stuff. I just know she was a sag sun who died mysteriously in her early 20's.

Try contacting all your relatives and then known and living friends and contacts of hers, good luck but sure as the sun is red and the moon is silver it doesnt matter what sign she was, she was your granny ergo second mummy, its sad you didnt meet her, seem to be more interetsed in the history of your family, good luck again x but you wont find her in your chart